Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris [SOLVED] Issue with hostname command Post 302705375 by EduardoDiaz on Monday 24th of September 2012 04:48:25 PM
Old 09-24-2012
[SOLVED] Issue with hostname command

Hi,
i'm having issues with one of my db servers,
each time i run the hostname command i get "-a" as result
this is the only zone on this server where i have this issue.
could any one help me with this issue

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cisco Router command to get hostname

Hi All, I am connected to a cisco router and I want to know the hostname of this router. I connect as telnet <IPADDRESS> and the prompt shows vpnaccess-bristol> But I want to know the full hostname of the router how can i do that. When i type the hostname command the following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
3 Replies

2. Solaris

How to display hostname in command prompt

Anyone know How to configure solaris 8 to display hostname in command prompt , everytime when you open a terminal screen . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
3 Replies

3. SCO

Possible hostname issue?

from the hostname command I get this: scosysv.mycompany0 when I ping scosysv.mycompany0 i get 64.158.xx.xx which fails with 100% packet loss. /etc/hosts shows 199.199.199.1 scosysv scosysv.mycompany0 scosysv.mycompany0.com when I ping the hostname value isn't the local IP 199.199.199.1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbxguy
6 Replies

4. AIX

Command last displays wrong hostname

I faced an interesting problem on my AIX servers. When I checked last logins with command last I saw that hostnames are wrong. Let say, I made login from workstation xxxxx and with the command last I saw: root pts/2 yyyyy 5 jan 15:38 still logged in Ping xxxxx and ping... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giovanni
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Hostname command issue

Hi All, I am using redhat Linux 5.2.2 on vmware. I have created VM Machine using kickstart & rest 10 machines i created using vmware cloning. On the base machine which i installed from kickstart its showing FQDN using hostname --fqdn but cloned machines are showing hosts name i have chnaged... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
1 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

hostname in command prompt

Hello, all. Running 11.04. Is there a way that, in an ssh or telnet session, that hostname will not appear in the command prompt? Not logged in yet, so not seeking a user shell environment. I just want to see something like 'login>', not 'ubuntu login>'. ---------- Post updated at 07:50 PM... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfearer
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

hostname command prints nothing a null value

Hi , On my box everything works fine. But whenever I run command It returns nothing as you see @(none) too. Its very strange issue I have never noticed on any other system yet. Any one have any idea about this. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratapsingh
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] For Loop with 2 commands? (hostname prob)

Hi I would like to ssh into serveral servers, print the hostname and do an ls (of files in a certain directory), and add these details to a file. so i have this: #!/usr/bin/bash for host in hostnames_here do ssh $host echo "$HOSTNAME" ls /directory_location > ~/new_file_name.txt ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: horhif
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Tail command issue in Linux

Hello, When I am trying to use tail +13 filename.csv it is throwing an error. tail: cannot open `+13' for reading: No such file or directory and then prints last 10 lines of the file. (File is present on the path) But when i try tail -13 filename.csv it runs perfectly. Could I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnkitSenghani
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Issue with grep

Hi everyone I am trying to write a script to check if file systems are mounted, and also validate the permission; then do a whole bunch of other things. I am facing a problem with grep. For example, if the mountpoints are: /dev/XYZ_lv /abc/XYZ jfs2 Nov 25 20:36... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
4 Replies
clear_locks(1M) 					  System Administration Commands					   clear_locks(1M)

NAME
clear_locks - clear locks held on behalf of an NFS client SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/clear_locks [-s] hostname DESCRIPTION
The clear_locks command removes all file, record, and share locks created by the hostname and held on the current host, regardless of which process created or owns the locks. This command can be run only by the super-user. This command should only be used to repair the rare case of a client crashing and failing to clear held locks. Clearing locks held by an active client may cause applications to fail in an unexpected manner. OPTIONS
-s Remove all locks created by the current machine and held by the server hostname. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: hostname name of host server EXIT STATUS
0 Successful operation. 1 If not root. 2 Usage error. 3 If unable to contact server (RPC). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fcntl(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Oct 2004 clear_locks(1M)