Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris libX11.so.4 - how do i get this ? Post 302705343 by hcclnoodles on Tuesday 25th of September 2012 07:00:57 AM
Old 09-25-2012
Smilie Do I really need to install the openwin desktop environment, just to start apache?

seems crazy

Is there a way around without having to recompile anything. Im using the sunfreeware apache and sunfreeware php. It seems out of the box for this to work I have to pretty much install the whole Solaris DVD

---------- Post updated 09-25-12 at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous update was 09-24-12 at 08:08 PM ----------

thank you for the responses guys.. i have made the decision to complile apache and php from source code as the sunfreeware prerequisites are unacceptable for a cut down enterprise build.

thanks again

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Solaris

Poblem with libX11.so.4

good evening everyone i am getting this library problem with intel platform architec :confused: after installing the entire sun-5.10 with a hard configuration intel945chipset core2dual processor & 2GB ram with disk sapace of 40gb. after install the entire os my machine is rebooting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravinder singh
1 Replies
pidfilehack(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    pidfilehack(8)

NAME
pidfilehack - work around daemons that always fork SYNOPSIS
pidfilehack servicename pidfile command [parameters] DESCRIPTION
pidfilehack is used to work around daemons that insist on forking into the background, but that do write a correct pid file. pidfilehack forks the actual service, then waits for the pidfile to be written. Once it can read the pid from the pidfile it will tell minit the real pid and quit. USAGE
usually pidfilehack is symlinked as run command of a service. servicename the name of the service pidfilehack is installed for. pidfile the filename to read the pid from command the real command to start parameters additional parameters for the command A typical use of this command will look like this: /etc/minit/apache /etc/minit/apache/params apache /var/run/apache.pid apachectl start /etc/minit/apache/run -> /sbin/pidfilehack AUTHOR
minit was written by Felix von Leitner and can be downloaded from his page at http://www.fefe.de/minit/ This manpage was written by Erich Schubert <erich@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux operating system. SEE ALSO
msvc(8), pidfilehack(8) pidfilehack(8)