Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Search pdfs in command line
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search pdfs in command line Post 302705125 by clx on Monday 24th of September 2012 09:23:41 AM
Old 09-24-2012
Give a try..
Code:
find . -name '*.pdf' -type f | while read FILE
do
 pdftotext $FILE | grep -q "search phrase"
 [ $? -eq 0 ] && echo $FILE
done

This User Gave Thanks to clx For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to search for a wod in a line

Can some one help me in finding a "word" in a line ?? ex : line : = "You may choose an icon for your message " i want to search for the existance of the word "message" thanks sri (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srini75
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search and replace a particular line in file with sed command

Hello, I have a file and in that, I want to search for a aprticular word and then replace another word in the same line with something else. Example: In file abc.txt, there is a line <host oa_var="s_hostname">test</host> I want to search with s_hostname text and then replace test with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sshah1001
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search and replace - search in first line and replance in 2nd line

Dear All, i want to search particular string and want to replance next line value. following is the test file. search string is tmp,??? ,10:1 "???" may contain any 3 character it should remain the same and next line replace with ,10:50 tmp,123 --- if match tmp,??? then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search: find current line, then search back

Hello. I want to find a line that has "new = 0" in it, then search back based on field $4 () in the current line, and find the first line that has field $4 and "last fetch" Grep or Awk preferred. Here is what the data looks like: 2013-12-12 12:10:30,117 TRACE last fetch: Thu Dec 12... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimBurns
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script monitor directory and subdirectories for new pdfs

I need bash script that monitor folders for new pdf files and create xml file for rss feed with newest files on the list. I have some script, but it reports errors. #!/bin/bash SYSDIR="/var/www/html/Intranet" HTTPLINK="http://TYPE.IP.ADDRESS.HERE/pdfs" FEEDTITLE="Najnoviji dokumenti na... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: markus1981
20 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command to search a regular expression in a line an only print the string after the match

Hello, one step in a shell script i am writing, involves Grep command to search a regular expression in a line an only print the string after the match an example line is below /logs/GRAS/LGT/applogs/lgt-2016-08-24/2016-08-24.8.log.zip:2016-08-24 19:12:48,602 ERROR... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramneekgupta91
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a multi-line shell command output and execute logic based on result

The following is a multi-line shell command example: $cargo build Compiling prawn v0.1.0 (/Users/ag/rust/prawn) error: failed to resolve: could not find `setup_panix` in `human_panic` --> src/main.rs:14:22 | 14 | human_panic::setup_panix!(); | ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogi
2 Replies
sim(5)								File Formats Manual							    sim(5)

NAME
sim, SIM - Software phrase input method DESCRIPTION
The phrase input method is an input method that is commonly used in a Chinese environment. The software phrase input method (SIM) is a a mechanism supported by the Asian tty driver, atty and the simd daemon through the utx facility (see atty(7), simd(8), and utx(7)). The stty command activates the software phrase input method, while the phrase utility creates and manages the phrase database (see stty(1) and phrase(1)). Changes to the phrase database may not be reflected in SIM sessions that were started before the changes were made. Therefore, users have to stop and then restart SIM sessions using the stty command to have access to the changed phrase database. SEE ALSO
Commands: phrase(1), stty(1), simd(8), utxd(8) Files: atty(7), utx(7) sim(5)