Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming pass value from Oracle sql to Korn shell Post 302704199 by megha2525 on Friday 21st of September 2012 07:38:05 AM
Old 09-21-2012
Hi

The tried the above and I still get the same output.
MMDD is
The value is not being displayed.

Thanks
Megha

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle To Korn Shell Array

I'm attempting to populate an array in ksh using the following command: set -A $(SELECT_INVOICE | sed '/^$/d') SELECT_INVOICE is a function that executes the SQL query. Problem: Some of the invoice numbers have alpha characters with spaces(example: OVEN MICRO). The Korn shell is treating... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdst
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Accessing PL/SQL OUT variables in Korn Shell Script

Hello All, I was just wondering if there is any direct way to access PL/SQL OUT variables from Korn Shell Script. I could already figure out how to return a single value back from PL/SQL to Shell Script (using bind variable). But, what if we want to return multiple values? One option I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bright_future
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell and Oracle

Hi Guys, I haven't worked on oracle much but I have a situation where I have to do bdf in all the servers and insert that information into oracle table. I have already created table which have 7 columns, I can insert manually but I dont know how to insert that using Korn shell. SERVER_ID ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass null value to sql script from korn shell script

There are 4 parameters that I have to pass from korn shell to sql script. 1) I have to check if $1 , $2 , $3 and $4 are null values or not . How can I do that ? 2) Once its determined that these values are null (in the sense they are empty) how can I pass null values to sql script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass perl array to SQL oracle

Hello, Could someone please suggest if there is a way to pass an perl array(pass @v_array) to SQL as in below eg : #!/usr/bin/perl @v_array = (1,2,4,5,6,8); $db_userid = 'ni71/ni711'; $bufTPO = qx{ sqlplus -s << EOF $db_userid set verify off set feedback off set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunshankar.c
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass values to case statement in a function korn shell

I'm in the process of writng a function that consists of a case statement is there a way of calling the function and passing a value to it? ie function1 () { case opt1 do ..... opt2 do..... esac } function opt1 I'm aware the syntax is not correct, but you get the general idea. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: squrcles
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script?

Hi all, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash Requirement - How to pass oracle sql script as argument to unix shell script? $ ./output.sh users.sql Below are the shell scripts and the oracle sql file in the same folder. Shell Script $ cat output.sh #!/bin/bash .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to pass Oracle SQL output to Linux and back... Help!

Hi all, Hopefully you can help. This is what I'm trying to achieve: Obtain a list of usernames out of an Oracle Database Based on this list, link each username with an Oracle Internet Directory (OID) GUID Using the username and GUID perform a database update for all users Here are the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: exm
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute sql statment in korn shell

I am fairly new to writing scripts, and have gotten a lot of help from this site in the past with many of the posts. I have a question/issue with a script I am attempting to write and have a question regarding executing an sql statement inside of a loop (do while). I have in the past written... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josbor01
1 Replies
userstat(1M)															      userstat(1M)

NAME
userstat - check status of local user accounts SYNOPSIS
[parm]... [parm]... DESCRIPTION
checks the status of local user accounts and reports abnormal conditions, such as account locks. If any parm arguments are specified, abnormal status is displayed only for those parameters, otherwise abnormal status is displayed for all parameters. The section describes the various parameter values that can be used for parm. Each account with an abnormal status is displayed on a single line. Each line contains the username followed by one or more parameters, indicating what abnormal conditions exist for the account. The section describes the various parameters that can be displayed. Options The following options are recognized: Display the status of all users listed in (Quiet) Do not print anything to standard output. This can be used when interested only in the return value. Check the status of only the specified user name. The user must be a local user listed in Parameters The parameters that could be displayed to indicate abnormal account status, or that could be used with the option, include the following: is displayed if an administrator lock is present on the account. This lock indicates that the encrypted password in or begins with An administrator lock can be set, for example, with is displayed if the account is locked because the account expiration date has been reached. days is the number of days that the account has been expired. See the description of the expiration field in shadow(4). is displayed if the account's password has expired. days is the number of days that the password has been expired. days is displayed only if its value can be determined. is displayed if the account is locked because there have been no logins to the account for a time interval that exceeds the maximum allowed. days is the number of days that the account has been inactive. See the description of the attribute in security(4). is displayed if the account is locked because the number of consecutive authentication failures exceeded the maximum allowed. num is the number of consecutive authentication failures. See the description of the attribute in security(4). is displayed if the account is locked because the account has a null password and is not allowed to have a null password. See the description of the attribute in security(4). is displayed if the account has a time-of-day login restriction. times defines the time periods that the user may login. See the description of the attribute in security(4). Security Restrictions Users invoking this command must have the authorization. See authadm(1M). is not supported for trusted systems. RETURN VALUE
exits with one of the following values: did not find abnormal status found abnormal status invalid usage or user not found EXAMPLES
The following example reports all abnormal status for all local accounts. The following example shows that the account for user is not locked due to too many consecutive authentication failures. FILES
standard password file shadow password file user database SEE ALSO
authadm(1M), passwd(4), security(4), shadow(4), userdb(4). userstat(1M)