Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: netstat -a hang
Special Forums IP Networking netstat -a hang Post 302704065 by jlliagre on Friday 21st of September 2012 01:49:50 AM
Old 09-21-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ora_dba
When you said ' look up domain names for each and every IP in the list', where do they look up? from DNS server or local unix server?
Where to look and in which order is defined in the name service configuration file:
Code:
grep ^hosts /etc/nsswitch.conf

Might be a combination of files (/etc/hosts), dns (/etc/resolv.conf), nis (ypwhich), ldap (ldapclient list), nis+ ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Netstat

Giving netstat command on the prompt gives commands such as localhost.43592 localhost.35237 32768 0 32768 0 TIME_WAIT localhost.43594 localhost.43595 32768 0 32768 0 TIME_WAIT localhost.43598 localhost.35237 32768 0 32768 0 TIME_WAIT... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
6 Replies

2. Linux

Help for Linux hang up

Hi everybody, i need help regarding my Linux start up.I was trying to configure internet connection with my Red Hat in order to use for Internet,but of no avail and I think I have changed one parameter to activate device during computer start up. Now the problem is during start up and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andysastre
1 Replies

3. SuSE

Hang a Process

this may be something trivial to many of you, but is there a way to purposely cause a process to hang? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

system hang

Hello, I am having a HP proliant 350 G3 sever installed wih RedHat linux 9.0 when I enterd using any user(Except root) the server hanged after few seconds, also the folder icons are blacked out and the names of the folder icons are disapper. can any body help me. Ajay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajay234
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp hang

Im making a script that goes out to about 200 servers and grabs log files daily and need to make sure the script gets all the servers it can even if one is out. I am ftp'ing the files over but if i cant connect to the server the process looks like it dies and the script is finished. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
4 Replies

6. AIX

Boot from CD hang

Why is one of my blade hanging and does nothing after trying to boot from CD??? ================== I tried to press 1....JS20 does not support SMS menu Here's what I see after 30 minutes... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mifch
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hang in linux

Hi guys sorry for my English I am from GREECE and I speak from translator.I have in my school work to hang the program I've done is this encounter the problems is that the meter that I have put on the mistakes does not work (I have not stated anywhere lathi = 0, not to reset the meter at each of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soula
1 Replies

8. Solaris

netstat -- what am i looking at?

Greetings to all, Here is a line of output from my netstat command cbp031.904 wdcprodhome.nfsd 98304 0 49640 0 ESTABLISHED The only thing i recognize is the unix machine "cbp031" but what is .904 and all the other data telling me? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with netstat

Hi, I want to list the time for how long a secure connections last to my server/blade. i am using netstat command to get the same, but not sure how to get the time for how long connections is being ESTABLISHED. netstat -na | grep 'ESTABLISHED' | grep :443 |awk '{print $4}' | cut -d: -f1 |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
1 Replies

10. Solaris

ALOM hang

Hi guys, I'm new with solaris. I just received sunfire T2000 server. Problem: ALOM keep hang/stuck/jammed. Steps do before it hang : 1. Connect to T2000 (using RJ45 - DB9 cable) 2. Open putty, connect via serial. 3. Power on the server. 4. Its loading. 5. then, hang. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajasraf
1 Replies
defaultdomain(4)						   File Formats 						  defaultdomain(4)

NAME
defaultdomain - specify host's domain name SYNOPSIS
/etc/defaultdomain DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/defaultdomain determines a host's domain name for direct use by the NIS and NIS+ name services. The defaultdomain file is read at boot time and its contents used by the domainname(1M) command. Because of its use by domainname, defaultdomain is also used by the LDAP service (see ldap(1)). Under certain, narrow circumstances (see resolv.conf(4)), because domainname uses defaultdomain, a DNS client can use the contents of defaultdomain. The contents of defaultdomain consists of a single line containing a host's domain name. SEE ALSO
nis+(1), uname(1), ldapclient(1M), nisclient(1M), ypbind(1M), ypinit(1M), resolv.conf(4) NOTES
The defaultdomain file is created and modified by Solaris installation and configuration scripts. Only users knowledgeable of name service configuration should edit the file. SunOS 5.10 22 February 2000 defaultdomain(4)