Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Moved "/*" to another destination - what to do? Post 302703745 by gts1999 on Thursday 20th of September 2012 09:23:31 AM
Old 09-20-2012
You will most certainly need a maintenance boot, and possibly best if you put this into the "Emergency UNIX and Linux Support !! Help Me!!" forum?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"sed" to check file size & echo " " to destination file

Hi, I've modified the syslogd source to include a thread that will keep track of a timer(or a timer thread). My intention is to check the file size of /var/log/messages in every one minute & if the size is more than 128KB, do a echo " " > /var/log/messages, so that the file size will be set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockey007
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

My thread got moved to "What's on your mind?"

So there's this discussion I started (though I guess it's pretty much just myself and one other guy) in the "What's your most useful shell?" thread - Neo suggested that it shouldn't be there and gradually I came to agree with him, so I posted my next message of the discussion to a new thread, which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tetsujin
3 Replies

5. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

8. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
UML_SWITCH(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                UML_SWITCH(1)

NAME
uml_switch -- switch daemon for user-mode Linux SYNOPSIS
uml_switch [-unix control_socket data_socket] [-hub] [-tap tun device] [-compat-v0] [-daemon] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the uml_switch program. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. uml_switch is a daemon for managing a virtual network between user-mode Linux systems, with no connection to the host system's network. It will listen for connections on a pair of UNIX domain sockets, and forward packets between clients which connect to them. OPTIONS
-unix control_socket data_socket Listen on the specified pair of sockets, instead of the defaults. -hub Act like a hub. This means that packets received will be broadcast over all virtual links. The default is to act as a switch, where packets are only sent to the link matching the destination MAC address of the packet. -tap tap device Connect the switch to a dynamically created tap device on the host -compat-v0 Specify control protocol version 0 compatibility. -daemon Run in the background as a daemon. SEE ALSO
linux(1) The UserModeLinux-HOWTO (link to URL http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/UserModeLinux-HOWTO.html) AUTHOR
uml_switch was written by Jeff Dike and others. This manual page was written by Matt Zimmerman mdz@debian.org for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts and no Back-Cover Texts. UML_SWITCH(1)