Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Books for person who want to be Linux/Unix administrator Post 302703695 by DavidMax on Thursday 20th of September 2012 07:30:39 AM
Old 09-20-2012
Thank you for response.

Could you give books which you think that every person who apply for junior administrator position should have read?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix/linux books

hey, i am a pretty good linux/unix user but i would like to discover the full capabilities of linux/unix. i have "unix unleashed , by sams" any other books/websites reccomendations. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamza11050
2 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unix certified person locator

I need to locate a specific person who is certified in Unix. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tlwscope
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

im very new to unix/linux can someone tell me the best books to read...

im very new to unix/linux operating system and having a hard time understanding the command ( grep, ls, echo and variables) is there any book that is simple to understand... after taking this unix/linux operating system i need to take unix operating system..can someone help me please!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2071fox
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are job prospects for Unix Linux administrator?

What are job prospects for Unix Linux administrator? How much does the Linux administrator suppose to earn nowadays? I notice that the IT wage scale has been dropping across the board in Canada so I wonder if Linux administrator enumeration is affected too. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sito
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Unix Administrator and Linux Administrator transition

Hello Unix Experts, I'm going to be graduating with a CIS (Computer Information Systems) degree in the coming year. I have been offered an internship with a job title of Unix Administrator under a well known company. I understand that Unix is used for high-end servers in many large... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brentmd24
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Roles & Responsibilities of a Linux/Unix administrator

Hi All, At present i have good knowledge and experience in unix/ linux shell scripting. I believe unix shell scripting with administration will be a hot skill set, so I would like to become a Unix/Linux system admin. What are the key skills i have to learn to become a successful administrator.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Path to Linux / Unix Systems Administrator

Hello! I have seen similar questions asked about how to become a system administrator. Most would say experience is more important than just getting a certificate and even a degree. However, I haven't found a good information how to build experience from a newbie to entry-level systems... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sideburn
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix/Linux System Administrator - Study Advice

Hello all, I really hope that this is the right Forum to post this kind of a question... I have been working in the IT support industry for nearly 3 years now. I started of providing end-user support. So enough to say that I provided my fair share of "have you tried turning it off and on"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalignas
1 Replies
YAZ_ITEMORDER(3)							 1							  YAZ_ITEMORDER(3)

yaz_itemorder - Prepares for Z39.50 Item Order with an ILL-Request package

SYNOPSIS
void yaz_itemorder (resource $id, array $args) DESCRIPTION
This function prepares for an Extended Services request using the Profile for the Use of Z39.50 Item Order Extended Service to Transport ILL (Profile/1). See this and the specification. PARAMETERS
o $id - The connection resource returned by yaz_connect(3). o $args - Must be an associative array with information about the Item Order request to be sent. The key of the hash is the name of the corresponding ASN.1 tag path. For example, the ISBN below the Item-ID has the key item-id,ISBN. The ILL-Request parameters are: transaction-id,initial-requester-id,person-or-institution-symbol,person transaction-id,initial-requester-id,person-or-institution- symbol,institution transaction-id,initial-requester-id,name-of-person-or-institution,name-of-person transaction-id,initial- requester-id,name-of-person-or-institution,name-of-institution transaction-id,transaction-group-qualifier transaction-id,transac- tion-qualifier transaction-id,sub-transaction-qualifier service-date-time,this,date service-date-time,this,time service-date- time,original,date service-date-time,original,time requester-id,person-or-institution-symbol,person requester-id,person-or-institu- tion-symbol,institution requester-id,name-of-person-or-institution,name-of-person requester-id,name-of-person-or-institution,name- of-institution responder-id,person-or-institution-symbol,person responder-id,person-or-institution-symbol,institution responder- id,name-of-person-or-institution,name-of-person responder-id,name-of-person-or-institution,name-of-institution transaction-type delivery-address,postal-address,name-of-person-or-institution,name-of-person delivery-address,postal-address,name-of-person-or- institution,name-of-institution delivery-address,postal-address,extended-postal-delivery-address delivery-address,postal- address,street-and-number delivery-address,postal-address,post-office-box delivery-address,postal-address,city delivery- address,postal-address,region delivery-address,postal-address,country delivery-address,postal-address,postal-code delivery- address,electronic-address,telecom-service-identifier delivery-address,electronic-address,telecom-service-addreess billing- address,postal-address,name-of-person-or-institution,name-of-person billing-address,postal-address,name-of-person-or-institu- tion,name-of-institution billing-address,postal-address,extended-postal-delivery-address billing-address,postal-address,street-and- number billing-address,postal-address,post-office-box billing-address,postal-address,city billing-address,postal-address,region billing-address,postal-address,country billing-address,postal-address,postal-code billing-address,electronic-address,telecom-ser- vice-identifier billing-address,electronic-address,telecom-service-addreess ill-service-type requester-optional-messages,can-send- RECEIVED requester-optional-messages,can-send-RETURNED requester-optional-messages,requester-SHIPPED requester-optional-mes- sages,requester-CHECKED-IN search-type,level-of-service search-type,need-before-date search-type,expiry-date search-type,expiry-flag place-on-hold client-id,client-name client-id,client-status client-id,client-identifier item-id,item-type item-id,call-number item- id,author item-id,title item-id,sub-title item-id,sponsoring-body item-id,place-of-publication item-id,publisher item-id,series- title-number item-id,volume-issue item-id,edition item-id,publication-date item-id,publication-date-of-component item-id,author-of- article item-id,title-of-article item-id,pagination item-id,ISBN item-id,ISSN item-id,additional-no-letters item-id,verification- reference-source copyright-complicance retry-flag forward-flag requester-note forward-note user-id contact-name contact-phone contact-email itemorder-item RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. PHP Documentation Group YAZ_ITEMORDER(3)