Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris modifying date and time and time zone on solaris 5.10 with (redundant server) veritas Post 302703419 by barry1946 on Wednesday 19th of September 2012 05:33:16 PM
Old 09-19-2012
modifying date and time and time zone on solaris 5.10 with (redundant server) veritas

I have a cluster of two Solaris server (veritas cluster). one working and the other is standby
I am going to change the date on them , and am looking for a secure solution as it is giving an important service.
my opinion is that the active one doesn't need to be restarted (if I don't change the time zone )and just I need to change the date by date command .
but for the standby server i am looking for an instruction to chenge and sync them.
so please give your ideas to help.
thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

time zone and cron solaris 9

There is a posting similar to this but it does not list what resolved the issue. When I log into the server, it shows the correct timezone (edt) but when jobs run from cron, it shows GMT. Unix admin is looking for a solution. I am looking for a short term workaround to get the jobs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Last Modified Time across Time Zone

Hi, I'm new to shell script programming, I only have Java programming background. I'm writing a shell script to do file synchronization between 2 machines that located at different time zone area. Both machine were set its time zone according to its geographical location (Eg: server is at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: python
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert date time to epoch time in solaris

Hi, Is there any easy way to convert date time(stored in shell variable ) to epoch time in solaris box? As +%s is working on linux but not on solaris, also -d option is not working. Any suggestion please? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshuman0507
6 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Date comparison with 'string date having slashes and time zone' in Bash only

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have standard web server log file. It contains different columns (like IP address, request result code, request type etc) including a date column with the format . I have developed a log analysis command line utility that displays... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TariqYousaf
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting date output based on time zone

Hi, We have a server in US and hence while the command "date" is given it gives the output in EDT. If I want the date output in MET, how can I get it. Please let me know how I could do it in the script which is ksh. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmathew99
1 Replies

6. AIX

Time Zone for a User Different From Server Time

Hi, A server runs on EDT. Can I set a user with time-zone GMT without changing the server time? regards, Roshni (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RoshniMehta
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Server Date and Time

Hi, I am trying to change server date and time for testing purposes but every time i change the date and time it gets switched back to system date and time after half an hour or so. Is there a way to change the server date and time temporarily? My guess is that the server time is in sync with time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahmad155
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Time Change for a particular target Zone

Hi Summary: - Script will take 2 arguments - Argument 1: Date/Time value in a particular format - Argument 2: TimeZone value Examples: Argument 1: a. "May 11, 2012 08:00:00 AM" b. "Dec 21, 2012 12:21:12 PM" c. "Oct 2, 2012 05:00:00 PM" Argument 2: a. MT or MST or MDT b. ET c.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UTC time into current UNIX sever time zone

Hi guys thanks for the help for my previous posts.Now i have a requirement that i download a XMl file which has UTC time stamp.I need to convert UTC time into Unix server timezone. For ex if the time zone of unix server is CDT then i need to convert into CDT.whatever may be the system time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Time Zone Conversion (backwards of what I want)

I am trying to convert local time to time in Ireland. Instead it is going the opposite direction (taking the local time as it if were in Ireland and displaying that the time would be here). $ echo "$TZ"; date; date --date='TZ="Europe/Dublin" '"$(date)" America/Phoenix Mon, Apr 13, 2015... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
7 Replies
PACEMAKER(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager SYNOPSIS
crm_ticket (query|command) [options] DESCRIPTION
crm_ticket - Perform tasks related to cluster tickets. Allows ticket attributes to be queried, modified and deleted. OPTIONS
-?, --help This text -$, --version Version information -V, --verbose Increase debug output -Q, --quiet Print only the value on stdout -t, --ticket=value Ticket ID Queries: -l, --info Display the information of ticket(s) -L, --details Display the details of ticket(s) -w, --raw Display the IDs of ticket(s) -q, --query-xml Query the XML of ticket(s) -c, --constraints Display the rsc_ticket constraints that apply to ticket(s) Commands: -g, --grant Grant a ticket to this cluster site -r, --revoke Revoke a ticket from this cluster site -s, --standby Tell this cluster site this ticket is standby -a, --activate Tell this cluster site this ticket is active Advanced Commands: -G, --get-attr=value Display the named attribute for a ticket -S, --set-attr=value Set the named attribtue for a ticket -D, --delete-attr=value Delete the named attribute for a ticket -C, --cleanup Delete all state of a ticket at this cluster site Additional Options: -v, --attr-value=value Attribute value to use with -S -d, --default=value (Advanced) The default attribute value to display if none is found. For use with -G -f, --force (Advanced) Force the action to be performed -n, --set-name=value (Advanced) ID of the instance_attributes object to change -i, --nvpair=value (Advanced) ID of the nvpair object to change/delete EXAMPLES
Display the info of tickets: # crm_ticket --info Display the detailed info of tickets: # crm_ticket --details Display the XML of 'ticketA': # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --query-xml Display the rsc_ticket constraints that apply to 'ticketA': # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --constraints Grant 'ticketA' to this cluster site: # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --grant Revoke 'ticketA' from this cluster site: # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --revoke Make 'ticketA' standby: The cluster site will treat a granted 'ticketA' as 'standby'. The dependent resources will be stopped or demoted gracefully without trig- gering loss-policies # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --standby Activate 'ticketA' from being standby: # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --activate Get the value of the 'granted' attribute for 'ticketA': # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --get-attr granted Set the value of the 'standby' attribute for 'ticketA': # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --set-attr standby --attr-value true Delete the 'granted' attribute for 'ticketA': # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --delete-attr granted Erase the operation history of 'ticketA' at this cluster site: The cluster site will 'forget' the existing ticket state. # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --cleanup AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Beekhof REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org Pacemaker 1.1.7 April 2012 PACEMAKER(8)