Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CHECK SCRIPT SYNTAX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting CHECK SCRIPT SYNTAX Post 302703119 by Newer on Wednesday 19th of September 2012 11:08:46 AM
Old 09-19-2012
CHECK SCRIPT SYNTAX

Hi everyone, i'd like someone chechk this script, i know it's very simple but it doesn't work good, let me tell you this script works over huge directories, maybe that's the problem, if somebody can give me other way to develop, or show me where it's the problem, i'll appreciate it.

Code:
PATH_ROOT="/ot/bean/923/domains/scape"

find $PATH_ROOT/servers/scape-admin/logs/*.log* -mtime +7 -exec rm {} \;
find $PATH_ROOT/servers/scape-services-ru/logs/*.log* -mtime +7 -exec rm {} \;
find $PATH_ROOT/servers/scape-services/logs/*.log* -mtime +7 -exec rm {} \;
find $PATH_ROOT/servers/scape-gui/logs/*.log* -mtime +7 -exec rm {} \;
find $PATH_ROOT/servers/scape-gui-ru/logs/*.log* -mtime +7 -exec rm {} \;

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

syntax and semantic check

Does the shell perform a syntax and semantic check before commands are sent to the kernel? Ravioli (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravioli
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quick check of my awk syntax

I've made an awk command that works successfully. However I'd like to add one character to it. For example instead of /what_i_have_now/ I'd like to change just ONE field to the opposite with an exclamation point. Like this: ! /what_i_have_now/ My question, where am I supposed to place... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yongho
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to check for a file, check for 2hrs. then quit

I wish to seach a Dir for a specific file, once the file is found i will perform additional logic. If the file is not found within two hours, i would like to exit. Logically, I'm looking for the best way to approach this Thanks for any assistance in advance. Note: I'm using a C shell and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmarsh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Check Shell script syntax w/o executing

Hello All, I looking for a way to verify the correction of shell script syntax. Is there any switch like -c in perl which do this in shell ? Thank You. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alalush
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to check if another script is running and if so, then sleep for sometime and check again

Hi, I am a unix newbie. I need to write a script to check wheteher another script is still running. If it is, then sleep for 30m and then check again if the script is running. If the script has stopped running then, I need to come out of the loop. I am using RHEL 5.2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathews
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error calling TCL script from shell script

hello everyone i am beginner on shell scripting .and i am working on my project work on ad hoc network i wrote a batch (.sh) to do a looping and execute a tcl script i wrote before in each iteration ..but i got this problem " syntax error near unexpected token `('... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcoss90
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script check syntax not working ...

Hello i have question that i want check syntax from my script shell with sh -n filename but it's not show something even i have wrong syntax in my file. why can this happened or any other way to check it? i use on header of file : #!/bin/sh thx before :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gochengz
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Check Syntax of Shell Script without Running

Hi Everyone, Is there any way ( generic) to check syntax of Shell Scripts without running it?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy121
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script syntax help

#!/bin/bash if ; then echo "Lipsa IP"; exit; fi i=1 ip=$1 while ; do if ; then rand=`head -$i pass_file | tail -1` user=`echo $rand | awk '{print $1}'` pass=`echo $rand | awk '{print $2}'` CMD=`ps -eaf | grep -c mysql` if ; then ./mysql $ip $user $pass & else sleep 15... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
6 Replies
TOMOYO-AUDITD(8)					  System Administration Utilities					  TOMOYO-AUDITD(8)

NAME
tomoyo-auditd - access request log recording daemon for TOMOYO Linux SYNOPSIS
tomoyo-auditd tomoyo-auditd [remote_ip:remote_port] DESCRIPTION
This program reads access request logs from the kernel and writes to the locations specified in the configuration file. By running this program at startup, access request logs for either all domains or selected domains can be stored. The format of the stored logs is similar to domain policy, so they can be used to help develop policy. Configure this daemon in /etc/tomoyo/tools/auditd.conf. If an access request matches a rule, it will be written to the specified log file. This can be used to split access request logs into multiple files. Only the first matching rule is used, so any single access request log will be written to a maximum of one output file. If an access request log does not match any rules, it will be discarded. Start this program from an appropriate stage during startup (e.g. /etc/rc.local). OPTIONS
remote_ip:remote_port Retrieve access request logs from a remote system via an agent, connecting to the specified IP address and port number. BUGS
If you find any bugs, send an email to <tomoyo-users-en@lists.sourceforge.jp>. AUTHORS
Tetsuo Handa <penguin-kernel@I-love.SAKURA.ne.jp> Main author. Jamie Nguyen <jamie@tomoyolinux.co.uk> Documentation and website. SEE ALSO
tomoyo-editpolicy-agent(8) See <http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp> for more information. tomoyo-tools 2.5.0 2012-04-14 TOMOYO-AUDITD(8)