Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Formatting from Notepad++ to Vi Post 302703049 by vidyadhar85 on Wednesday 19th of September 2012 09:49:09 AM
Old 09-19-2012
I am writing scripts on Notepad++ and copying it in VI from ages and never came across the above problem not sure whats wrong going on with your system...
This User Gave Thanks to vidyadhar85 For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange Characters After Using Notepad

Hello all, I'm new to UNIX and new to this forum, so forgive my lack of knowledge. I'm new with editing in vi so I FTP scripts to a Windows machine and edit the script in notepad (when I need to do something quickly). Sometimes when I FTP the script back to the UNIX box, strange characters... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgower2
4 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Wordpad or Notepad?

I am new to using UNIX and after uploading a new script to UNIX from Windows using FTP, the script doesn't always work. It seems this depends on the text editor I use and the transfer type. I understand all scripts should be transferred using ASCII, but can you advise which is the best text editor... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heidi.Ebbs
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output of the script in notepad

Hi All, I want to show my output for the script to notepad.Anybody know what is the command to do this... Thanks.. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastercar
7 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

PERL: Running script from Notepad++

I'm not sure if this forum covers PERL issues but here I go: I'm trying to run a PERL script from Notepadd++. I've entered the path of the script from the run command but it is only opening a blank window. Is there anything else that needs to be done when using the 'RUN' feature of Notepad++? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millsy5
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

UNIX and notepad++

I connect to my office server using ftp option in notepad++ I am not able to open directory's with out setting my clear case view in the notepad++ Hence pls help me in setting the view in notepad++ so that it can read all the files and directorys (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed Imran
6 Replies
DEVSCRIPTS.CONF(5)						File Formats Manual						DEVSCRIPTS.CONF(5)

NAME
devscripts.conf - configuration file for the devscripts package DESCRIPTION
The devscripts package provides a collection of scripts which may be of use to Debian developers and others wishing to build Debian pack- ages. Many of these have options which can be configured on a system-wide and per-user basis. Every script in the devscripts package which makes use of values from these configuration files describes the specific settings recognised in its own manpage. (For a list of the scripts, either see /usr/share/doc/devscripts/README.gz or look at the output of dpkg -L devscripts | grep /usr/bin.) The two configuration files are /etc/devscripts.conf for system-wide defaults and ~/.devscripts for per-user settings. They are written with bash(1) syntax, but should only have comments and simple variable assignments in them; they are both sourced (if present) by many of the devscripts scripts. Variables corresponding to simple switches should have one of the values yes and no; any other setting is regarded as equivalent to the default setting. All variable names are written in uppercase, and begin with the script name. Package-wide variables begin with "DEVSCRIPTS", and are listed below, as well as in the relevant manpages. For a list of all of the available options variables, along with their default settings, see the example configuration file /usr/share/doc/devscripts/devscripts.conf.ex. This is copied to /etc/devscripts.conf when the devscripts package is first installed. Information about configuration options introduced in newer versions of the package will be appended to /etc/devscripts.conf when the pack- age is upgraded. Every script which reads the configuration files can be forced to ignore them by using --no-conf as the first command-line option. PACKAGE-WIDE VARIABLES The currently recognised package-wide variables are: DEVSCRIPTS_CHECK_DIRNAME_LEVEL, DEVSCRIPTS_CHECK_DIRNAME_REGEX These variables control scripts which change directory to find a debian/changelog file or suchlike, and some other miscellaneous cases. In order to prevent unwanted, even possibly dangerous, behaviour, these variables control when actions will be performed. The scripts which currently make use of these variables are: debc, debchange/dch, debclean, debi, debrelease, debuild and uscan, but this list may change with time (and I may not remember to update this manpage). Please see the manpages of individual scripts for details of the specific behaviour for each script. SEE ALSO
devscripts(1) and /usr/share/doc/devscripts/README.gz. AUTHOR
This manpage was written for the devscripts package by the package maintainer Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities DEVSCRIPTS.CONF(5)