Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find file and zip without including directory path Post 302702865 by pamu on Wednesday 19th of September 2012 02:16:10 AM
Old 09-19-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by koeji
While it does now zip by explicitly providing the directory path, when I unzip the file again as a check, I get ./path/to/directory/CONTACTS_1.txt. I should also mention that $DIR is in a different directory than from where the script is run.
If you are providing directory path then you can run script anywhere you want.
But if you are not providing path then you should run your script where you want to run.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find directory not including current

Using Solaris 8, I've forgotten how to exclude the current directory in the find results. find . -type d ! -name "*.CAP" I want every directory that does not match the *.CAP pattern, except the current directory. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a path (including ref to shell variable) from file

Hi! 1. I have a parameter file containing path to log files. For this example both paths are the same, one is stated directly and the second using env variables. /oracle/admin/orcl/bdump/:atlas:trc:N ${ORACLE_BASE}/admin/${ORACLE_SID}/bdump/:${ORACLE_SID}:trc:N 2. I try to parse the path... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lojzev
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip a folder including its sub-folders.

Hi, I have a folder that contains a few sub-folders. I would like to zip that folder and KEEP the subfolders. What it does at the moment is taking all the files within the subfolders and zipping them into one big file (zip -r ...). Does anyone know the UNIX command to keep the subfolders in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdog
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create zip without including directories

Hi guys, I'm trying to do the following: zip -r /tmp/foo.zip public/accounts/foo But the zip that's been made has the whole "public/accounts/foo" path. I want only the foo folder to be zipped. How can I do this? Thanks, Elías (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elioncho
2 Replies

5. Linux

How to create zip file without path?

Hello, I have generated a PHP script that creates files needed for EPUB file. I have a temp directory where these files are created into and then needs to be zipped. The directory structure is: mimetype content.opf index.html stylesheet.css toc.ncx META-INF META-INF/container.xml ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spaze
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find exact path of a file/directory

Hello Folks, A wrapper takes an argument of file or directory name. I want to allow paths that reside within the current directory only. Can simply discard the paths like "/A" & "../" as they go outside the current by looking at the path beginning. How to validate this one: A/../../../b... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all the files under a specific directory and zip them into a single file.

Hi, Is there a way to find all the files from a specific location and then zip them into a single file, even if they are in multiple directories? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip all the files including directories - subdirectories

Hi, Is is possible to zip a folder and all its contents within the folder ( including sub-directories and files) into a zip file? and can regain the same structure if unzipped? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip a file with path

zip /var/log/mylog.log mylog.1.log but its not working (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Froob
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies
MAKESH(1)						      General Commands Manual							 MAKESH(1)

NAME
makeSH - a .SH script maker SYNOPSIS
makeSH files DESCRIPTION
MakeSH examines one or more scripts and produces a .SH file that, when run under sh, will produce the original script. The .SH script so produced has two sections containing code destined for the output. The first section has variable substitutions performed on it (taking values from config.sh), while the second section does not. MakeSH does not know which variables you want to have substituted, so it puts the whole script into the second section. It's up to you to insert any variable substitutions in the first section for any values you want from config.sh. You should run makeSH from within your top-level directory and use the relative path to the file as an argument, so that the "Extracting ..." line printed while running the produced .SH file later on will give that same path. AUTHOR
Larry Wall <lwall@netlabs.com> SEE ALSO
pat(1), metaconfig(1), makedist(1). BUGS
It could assume that variables from metaconfig's Glossary need to be initialized in the first section, but I'm too lazy to make it do that. LOCAL MAKESH(1)