Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: generate random base 16
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting generate random base 16 Post 302702793 by scottaazz on Tuesday 18th of September 2012 10:02:27 PM
Old 09-18-2012
Another way

Code:
od -N32 -x < /dev/urandom | head -n1 |  cut -b9- | sed 's/ //gi'

Last edited by Franklin52; 09-19-2012 at 04:58 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for data and code samples

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to generate a random number?

How to generate a random integer with specific range(for example, from 1 to 1000)? Also, how to convert a floating point number into a integer? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MacMonster
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate a random password

Hello All... Can someone help me generate a random password which will be 7 characters long which contains alpha-numeric characters using shell script. I am looking to store the output of the script that generates the password to a variable within a script and use it as the password. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate random number in perl

Could any one tell how can I generate random number from (0, 100..200) in perl? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zx1106
2 Replies

4. Programming

Generate Random Password in C

I need a function to generate a random alphanumeric password in C code. It needs to be between 6-8 characters and follow the following rules: Reject if same char appears # time: 4 or more Reject if same char appears consecutively: 3 or more I have the following random password working for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjaws
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate random strings from regx?

Hi, Guz! I'm working on a scripts compiler which needs a function to generate random strings. I think REGX may be a good solution to restrict the string format. Before DIYing I'd like asking for any existing libs or codes. Any help will be appreciated! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wqqafnd
7 Replies

6. Programming

Generate random number

I saw this formula to generate random number between two specified values in shell script.the following. $(((RANDOM%(max-min+divisibleBy))/divisibleBy*divisibleBy+min)) Give a example in book. Generate random number between 6 and 30.like this. $(((RANDOM%30/3+1)*3)) But I have a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: luoluo
1 Replies

7. Programming

generate array of random numbers

hi guys, I am writing a c program that generates a two dimensional array to make matrix and a vector of random numbers and perform multiplication. I can't figure out whats wrong with my code. It generates a matrix of random numbers but all the numbers in the vector array is same and so is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saboture88
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate random numbers in script

i want to generate a random number through a script, and even if anyone reads the script, they wont be able to figure out what the random number is. only the person who setup the script would know it. something like this could work: random the full thread is here: ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to generate a file with random data. /dev/[u]random doesn't exist.

Need to use dd to generate a large file from a sample file of random data. This is because I don't have /dev/urandom. I create a named pipe then: dd if=mynamed.fifo do=myfile.fifo bs=1024 count=1024 but when I cat a file to the fifo that's 1024 random bytes: cat randomfile.txt >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with generate a pair of random number

Hi, Is anybody experience generate a pair of random number by using awk command? I wanna to generate a pair of random number (range from 1 to 4124) and repeats it 416 times. Desired output 2 326 123 1256 341 14 3245 645 . . . I did write the below command: awk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)