Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Parsing countries file Post 302702469 by molwiko on Tuesday 18th of September 2012 10:54:09 AM
Old 09-18-2012
Thanks your solutions are working !

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding & Moving Oldest File by Parsing/Sorting Date Info in File Names

I'm trying to write a script that will look in an /exports folder for the oldest export file and move it to a /staging folder. "Oldest" in this case is actually determined by date information embedded in the file names themselves. Also, the script should only move a file from /exports to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikosey
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for parsing details in a log file to a seperate file

Hi Experts, Im a new bee for scripting, I would ned to do the following via linux shell scripting, I have an application which throws a log file, on each action of a particular work with the application, as sson as the action is done, the log file would vanish or stops updating there, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingnagan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing file, yaml file? Extracting specific sections

Here is a data file, which I believe is in YAML. I am trying to retrieve just the 'addon_domains" section, which doesnt seem to be as easy as I had originally thought. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!! I have been trying to do this in awk and mostly bash scripting instead of perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhije
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] merging two files and writing to another file- solved

i have two files as file1: 1 2 3 file2: a b c and the output should be: file3: 1~a 2~b 3~c (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging two files where countries are repeated

I have gone through various posts in this forum but could not locate where the repeated columns are there .Hence posted this post. File 1(colon seperated file) =============== Abc : 1234 : London Def : 2456 : Paris Efg :1456 : Newyork Fgh : 1324 : Tokyo Hjk : 5829 : California Lmn :... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vakharia Mahesh
10 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Trouble Registering? Countries or Regions Abusing Forums

The forums have been seeing a sharp increase in spam bots, forum robots, and malicious registrations from certain countries. If you have been directed to this thread due to a "No Permission Error" when trying to register please post in this thread and request permission to register, including... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX field scope in European countries

Hi, I have been working in India since past 13 years and as per Indian IT culture, there will be saturation in Salary which barely matches with rising living costs in India. I am thinking to move/work in some other country for few years at least which help me financially plus technically. As of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightup2222
3 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)