Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting printing lines before and after a record Post 302702445 by danish0909 on Tuesday 18th of September 2012 10:19:01 AM
Old 09-18-2012
printing lines before and after a record

Hello Everyone,

I want to print out the records after and before a certain record. I am able to figure out how to print that particular record but not the ones before and after. Looking for some advice

Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add record separator after certain lines

How to add record separator after certain lines? I am faicing issue where some lines have result as successive line & some are not having. how can I add record separator after every record here is example of data I have (line numbers are not present in data): 1. <enabled="true" name="dSuite1"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sach253
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Extract random record which has 4 lines each

Hi, I have a data file with millions of record (N). Each record was saved in 4 lines. So there are total of NX4 lines in the data file. For Example: Host1 a b c d Host2 e f g h Host3 i j k (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoeberunner
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK record in multiple lines

Hi everyboby this is my problem I Have this input 1111;222 222 2;333 3333;4444 111; 22222;33 33; 444 and I need this output 1111;2222222;3333333;4444 (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: agritur
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing space after a record in awk

friends, I am running iostat command in linux. Following is the output iostat -d Linux 2.6.18-128.el5 (btovm725.ind.hp.com) 04/16/2010 Device: tps Blk_read/s Blk_wrtn/s Blk_read Blk_wrtn sda 21.49 5.32 255.61 2871221 138010414 sda1 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: achak01
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

syntax for counting & printing record count

Hi I have a complex script which outputs a text file for loading into a db. I now need to enhance this script do that I can issue an ‘lp' command to show the count of the number of records in this file. Can anybody give me the necessary syntax ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malts18
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing all lines before a specific string and a custom message 2 lines after

Hello all, I need to print all the lines before a specific string and print a custom message 2 lines after that. So far I have managed to print everything up the string, inclusively, but I can't figure out how to print the 2 lines after that and the custom message. My code thus far is:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SEinT
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk script printing each record twice

i have a find command piped to an awk script, I'm expecting it printing the matching record one time but it's doing it twice: the following is my code: find directoryname | awk 'BEGIN { FS="/" } /.*\.$/ || /.*\.$/ { printf "%s/%s\n", $(NF-1), $NF } it gave me the correct output, but just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymc1g11
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the lines that appear in an other file, and the three lines after them

Hi ! I need some help with a script I am writing. I am trying to compare two files, the first file being in this format : Header1 Text1-1 Text1-2 Text1-3 Header2 Text2-1 etc... For each header, I want to check if it appears in the second file, and if it is the case print the header... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective printing based on matched record

Hi, I have file with thousands of lines somewhat similar to the below 6 lines 06MXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 0328 003529 J27300022 MICROSOFT *MSN 06<1 000000001344392 JPN151-85830 MSBILL.INFO F 06<A17087454000328651551 MSBILL.INFO ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsid
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help in printing records where there is a 'header' in the first record ???

Hi, I have a backup report that unfortunately has some kind of hanging indent thing where the first line contains one column more than the others I managed to get the output that I wanted using awk, but just wanting to know if there is short way of doing it using the same awk Below is what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies
xfs_logprint(8)                                               System Manager's Manual                                              xfs_logprint(8)

NAME
xfs_logprint - print the log of an XFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
xfs_logprint [ options ] device DESCRIPTION
xfs_logprint prints the log of an XFS filesystem (see xfs(5)). The device argument is the pathname of the partition or logical volume con- taining the filesystem. The device can be a regular file if the -f option is used. The contents of the filesystem remain undisturbed. There are two major modes of operation in xfs_logprint. One mode is better for filesystem operation debugging. It is called the transactional view and is enabled through the -t option. The transactional view prints only the portion of the log that pertains to recovery. In other words, it prints out complete transactions between the tail and the head. This view tries to display each transaction without regard to how they are split across log records. The second mode starts printing out information from the beginning of the log. Some error blocks might print out in the beginning because the last log record usually overlaps the oldest log record. A message is printed when the physical end of the log is reached and when the logical end of the log is reached. A log record view is displayed one record at a time. Transactions that span log records may not be decoded fully. OPTIONS
-b Extract and print buffer information. Only used in transactional view. -c Attempt to continue when an error is detected. -C filename Copy the log from the filesystem to the file filename. The log itself is not printed. -d Dump the log from front to end, printing where each log record is located on disk. -D Do not decode anything; just print data. -e Exit when an error is found in the log. Normally, xfs_logprint tries to continue and unwind from bad logs. However, sometimes it just dies in bad ways. Using this option prevents core dumps. -f Specifies that the filesystem image to be processed is stored in a regular file at device (see the mkfs.xfs(8) -d file option). This might happen if an image copy of a filesystem has been made into an ordinary file with xfs_copy(8). -l logdev External log device. Only for those filesystems which use an external log. -i Extract and print inode information. Only used in transactional view. -q Extract and print quota information. Only used in transactional view. -n Do not try and interpret log data; just interpret log header information. -o Also print buffer data in hex. Normally, buffer data is just decoded, so better information can be printed. -s start-block Override any notion of where to start printing. -t Print out the transactional view. SEE ALSO
mkfs.xfs(8), mount(8). xfs_logprint(8)