Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl : regular expression to replace the strings Post 302702383 by elixir_sinari on Tuesday 18th of September 2012 08:22:58 AM
Old 09-18-2012
Code:
$ cat testfile
xyz.net-Multilink1,BW: 1.07 M,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Hrly Avg (IN / OUT),0:00,1:00,2:00,3:0041148,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

$ perl -wne 'print if /\A[0-9]+/' testfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regular expression

letz say that my file has 7 records with only one field. So my file has: 11111111 000000000000000 1111 aaaabbbccc 1111111222000000 aaaaaaaa zz All i need is: 1. when the field has a repetition of the same instance(a-z or 0-9), i would consideer it to be invalid.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: helengoldman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular Expression - Replace if x contains y except if...

Hi all, I have a file which contains 1000s of lines of text. I need to delete all lines with the words "Red" EXCEPT if the line also contains the word "GREEN"... For example: ThisIs some random text that should be red deleted ThisIs some random text that should NOT be red deleted green ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: not4google
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression in perl

hi, i want to extract the sessionID from this line. QnA Session Id : here the output should be-- QnA_SessionID=128589 Thanks NT (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace words in sed using regular expression

hi, I need to replace all these lines from my text file 123end 234end 324end 234end 989end 258end 924end At the moment I know how to replace "end". But I want to replace the numbers before end as well. How can I do this ? sed s/end/newWord/ myfile.txt newFile.txt thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL regular expression

Hello all, I need to match the red expressions in the following lines : MACRO_P+P-_scrambledServices_REM_PRC30.xml MACRO_P+P-_scrambledServices_REM_RS636.xml MACRO_P+P-_scrambledServices_REM_RS535.xml and so on... Can anyone give me a PERL regular expression to match those characters ? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsaas
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regular expression

Dear all, I have a simple issue on a perl regular expression. I want to get the characters in red from the next lines : POWER_key LEFT_key RIGHT_key OK_key DOWN_key and so on... Thanks in advance for reply. Ludo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lsaas
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regular expression and %

Could you help me with this please. This regular expression seems to match for the wrong input #!/usr/bin/perl my $inputtext = "W1a$%XXX"; if($inputtext =~ m/+X+/) { print "matches\n"; } The problem seems to be %. if inputtext is W1a$XXX, the regex doesnot match.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suppandi7
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hidden Characters in Regular Expression Matching Perl - Perl Newbie

I am completely new to perl programming. My father is helping me learn said programming language. However, I am stuck on one of the assignments he has given me, and I can't find very much help with it via google, either because I have a tiny attention span, or because I can be very very dense. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittyluva2
4 Replies

9. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regular expression

Hi , I have the below array my @actionText = ("delivered to governor on 21/23/3345" , "deliver jllj" , "ram 2345/43"); When i am trying to grep the contents of array and if mathced substituting with the digitis or some date format from the element like below my @action = grep { $_ =~... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragilla
7 Replies
LEVENSHTEIN(3)								 1							    LEVENSHTEIN(3)

levenshtein - Calculate Levenshtein distance between two strings

SYNOPSIS
int levenshtein (string $str1, string $str2) DESCRIPTION
int levenshtein (string $str1, string $str2, int $cost_ins, int $cost_rep, int $cost_del) The Levenshtein distance is defined as the minimal number of characters you have to replace, insert or delete to transform $str1 into $str2. The complexity of the algorithm is O(m*n), where n and m are the length of $str1 and $str2 (rather good when compared to simi- lar_text(3), which is O(max(n,m)**3), but still expensive). In its simplest form the function will take only the two strings as parameter and will calculate just the number of insert, replace and delete operations needed to transform $str1 into $str2. A second variant will take three additional parameters that define the cost of insert, replace and delete operations. This is more general and adaptive than variant one, but not as efficient. PARAMETERS
o $str1 - One of the strings being evaluated for Levenshtein distance. o $str2 - One of the strings being evaluated for Levenshtein distance. o $cost_ins - Defines the cost of insertion. o $cost_rep - Defines the cost of replacement. o $cost_del - Defines the cost of deletion. RETURN VALUES
This function returns the Levenshtein-Distance between the two argument strings or -1, if one of the argument strings is longer than the limit of 255 characters. EXAMPLES
Example #1 levenshtein(3) example <?php // input misspelled word $input = 'carrrot'; // array of words to check against $words = array('apple','pineapple','banana','orange', 'radish','carrot','pea','bean','potato'); // no shortest distance found, yet $shortest = -1; // loop through words to find the closest foreach ($words as $word) { // calculate the distance between the input word, // and the current word $lev = levenshtein($input, $word); // check for an exact match if ($lev == 0) { // closest word is this one (exact match) $closest = $word; $shortest = 0; // break out of the loop; we've found an exact match break; } // if this distance is less than the next found shortest // distance, OR if a next shortest word has not yet been found if ($lev <= $shortest || $shortest < 0) { // set the closest match, and shortest distance $closest = $word; $shortest = $lev; } } echo "Input word: $input "; if ($shortest == 0) { echo "Exact match found: $closest "; } else { echo "Did you mean: $closest? "; } ?> The above example will output: Input word: carrrot Did you mean: carrot? SEE ALSO
soundex(3), similar_text(3), metaphone(3). PHP Documentation Group LEVENSHTEIN(3)