Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Connect to Oracle using sqlplus Post 302702153 by Subhasis on Tuesday 18th of September 2012 03:08:22 AM
Old 09-18-2012
Connect to Oracle using sqlplus

I have logged into oracle using SQLPLUS. When I type any kind of query, there is only 1 answer - '2'.

What is wrong with it?

Last edited by radoulov; 09-18-2012 at 05:54 AM.. Reason: Spelling ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to sqlplus in a script

Hi, I want to write a script, in which I will connect to sqlplus and do a quary and then exit sqlplus user/pwd@database select count(*) from table exit. and write the result in a log file. How to write it ? Many thanks before. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to sqlplus from shell

I'm writting a shell script and at the begining I login to sqlplus by sqlplus -l user_name/password@instance what I would like is to check if the database is down or not , and if the database has started moved to the next step else sleep for a certain time and then check again . I know how to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aya_r
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connect sqlplus from unix

hi, I have this basic query. I have created a new user on unix. I have given home directory and permission through chmod to create directory stucture. Now need to connect sqlplus. What permissions should we give, so that this works? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Neha (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nehak
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl connect to remote oracle db without local oracle installation

I want to use Perl to connect to a remote Oracle DB I have no oracle installation on my server (and dont plan on installing one) I am using solaris 9 on x86 server. Is this possible? I basically want to run some basic sql queries on the remote oracle db which I have access to using perl on my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Oracle sqlplus output

a job extracts orcle data into unix as flat file. a single record breaks into two record in unix flat file. This is the case only for 6 records out of 60 lack records. (its not single record in two line. but its single record into record. ie., \n come into picture) can you tell me what... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to Oracle DB using sqlplus

Hi, I am very new to shell scripting and trying to write a simple shell script in which i am trying to achieve the following: 1. Connect to oracle database hosted on a different server 2. fire a query on the oracle db 3. store the output in a variable 4. use this variable for further logic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle DB using sqlplus

Hi, I am very new to shell scripting and trying to write a simple shell script in which i am trying to achieve the following: 1. Connect to oracle database hosted on a different server 2. fire a query on the oracle db 3. store the output in a variable 4. use this variable for further logic... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
26 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching user to oracle to connect Oracle 11g DB with 'sysdba'

I need to connect my Oracle 11g DB from shell script with 'sysdba' permissions. To do this I have to switch user from 'root' to 'oracle'. I've tried the following with no success. su - oracle -c "<< EOF1 sqlplus -s "/ as sysdba" << EOF2 whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NetBear
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to connect to sqlplus from unix

Hi, I have been trying to connect to sqlplus the same way I used to do in my earlier company but I get these error messages , please suggest way out - user name - xyzuser schema name - xyzschema $ sqlplus xyzuser@xyzschema ksh: sqlplus: not found. $ sqlplus -s xyzuser@xyzschema... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhirajdsharma
5 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Identify a specific environment Oracle variable to connect a remote Oracle database ?

Good evening I nned your help pls, In an unix server i want to connect to a remote oracle databse server by sqlplus. I tried to find out the user/passwd and service name by env variable and all Ive got is this: ORACLE_SID_REPCOL=SCL_REPCOL ORACLE_SID=xmeta ORACLE_SID_TOL=SCL_PROTOLCOL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies
unbound(8)							   unbound 1.5.1							unbound(8)

NAME
unbound - Unbound DNS validating resolver 1.5.1. SYNOPSIS
unbound [-h] [-d] [-v] [-c cfgfile] DESCRIPTION
Unbound is a caching DNS resolver. It uses a built in list of authoritative nameservers for the root zone (.), the so called root hints. On receiving a DNS query it will ask the root nameservers for an answer and will in almost all cases receive a delegation to a top level domain (TLD) authoritative nameserver. It will then ask that nameserver for an answer. It will recursively continue until an answer is found or no answer is available (NXDO- MAIN). For performance and efficiency reasons that answer is cached for a certain time (the answer's time-to-live or TTL). A second query for the same name will then be answered from the cache. Unbound can also do DNSSEC validation. To use a locally running Unbound for resolving put nameserver 127.0.0.1 into resolv.conf(5). If authoritative DNS is needed as well using nsd(8), careful setup is required because authoritative nameservers and resolvers are using the same port number (53). The available options are: -h Show the version and commandline option help. -c cfgfile Set the config file with settings for unbound to read instead of reading the file at the default location, /var/unbound/unbound.conf. The syntax is described in unbound.conf(5). -d Debug flag: do not fork into the background, but stay attached to the console. This flag will also delay writing to the log file until the thread-spawn time, so that most config and setup errors appear on stderr. If given twice or more, logging does not switch to the log file or to syslog, but the log messages are printed to stderr all the time. -v Increase verbosity. If given multiple times, more information is logged. This is in addition to the verbosity (if any) from the config file. SEE ALSO
unbound.conf(5), unbound-checkconf(8), nsd(8). AUTHORS
Unbound developers are mentioned in the CREDITS file in the distribution. NLnet Labs Dec 8, 2014 unbound(8)