Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Insert value to db from text file Post 302701801 by elixir_sinari on Monday 17th of September 2012 10:47:12 AM
Old 09-17-2012
Replace your first line with c=$(<insertval) and let me know.
This User Gave Thanks to elixir_sinari For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insert text into a dinamic file

I need help, It's probably a joke for you, but I'm about to explode: This is it: I have a file which is created by batch, and includes a list of db files (with the complete path). I want to use this list for a graph file - in order to exclude it from the daily backup. it means i need to add an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunbird
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert text in the middle of a file

I want to insert a text into the middle of a file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: relle
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to insert text in the middle of a file

Hey guys, how do we take a line of text as an argument from a user and then insert it in the middle of a file irrespective of the number of lines in the file. I am trying to do this without SED or AWK. Inserting it in the beginning and at the end is easy, but i am trying to accomplish inserting... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikkumar84@g
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert some constant text at beginig of each line within a text file.

Dear Folks :), I am new to UNIX scripting and I do not know how can I insert some text in the first column of a UNIX text file at command promtp. I can do this in vi editor by using this command :g/^/s//BBB_ e,g I have a file named as Test.dat and it containins below text: michal... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muhammad Afzal
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to insert new text and change existing text in a file using SED

Hi all, I need to insert new text and change existing text in a file. For that I used the below line in the command line and got the expected output. sed '$a\ hi... ' shell > shell1 But I face problem when using the same in script. It is throwing the error as, sed: command garbled:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert Text On file

Hi All, Can someone pls help me to insert some text on a file. my file contains something like below.. AKBULBU, BALUMIL, BATCH,BATCH BOARROB, BOTAKAT, C57896, CAKIOZE, CHECMER, CICOFRA, CISZPAW,2194485 I want output as USER_ID, LOGIN_ID (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert text to file via ssh

I want to create a script that will set up key pairs from "thishost" to "remotehosts". I have a validate script in ~/<dir> that I need to prefix the generated key in the authorized_keys file, and I'm having to manually do this everytime. Here are my attemps, perhaps you could perfect them for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScannerDarkly
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insert comma in a text file

Hi all, I have a text file and I need to insert comma after every 2 digit. -1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 0 0 0 -1-1-1 2 0 0 3 311-1 0 1 -1-1 021 0 011-1-1 033 0I'd like to have this: -1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1, 0, 0, 0 -1,-1,-1, 2, 0, 0, 3, 3,11,-1, 0, 1 -1,-1, 0,21, 0, 0,11,-1,-1, 0,33, 0Thanks for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoldenFire
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert text using a second file in Linux

How can i insert text at a particular line number or before/after a search pattern? The text i want to insert is of 8-10 lines including new line characters. I have stored this text in a separate file. I know i can use sed '{/pattern/|/regexp/|n}{i|a|c}<text to be inserted>' file But i want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhitanshu
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert text within a file?

Hi, I am trying to check for missing dates in a file and would want to insert the missing date into the file. Currently the script is as below #!/bin/ksh dates="dates" cat ${dates} | grep -v "^#" curr_month=`date '+%m` curr_day=`date '+%d` curr_year=`date '+%Y` #curr_month=02... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies
PX_INSERT_RECORD(3)													       PX_INSERT_RECORD(3)

px_insert_record - Inserts record into paradox database

SYNOPSIS
int px_insert_record (resource $pxdoc, array $data) DESCRIPTION
Inserts a new record into the database. The record is not necessarily inserted at the end of the database, but may be inserted at any position depending on where the first free slot is found. The record data is passed as an array of field values. The elements in the array must correspond to the fields in the database. If the array has less elements than fields in the database, the remaining fields will be set to null. Most field values can be passed as its equivalent php type e.g. a long value is used for fields of type PX_FIELD_LONG, PX_FIELD_SHORT and PX_FIELD_AUTOINC, a double values is used for fields of type PX_FIELD_CURRENCY and PX_FIELD_NUMBER. Field values for blob and alpha fields are passed as strings. Fields of type PX_FIELD_TIME and PX_FIELD_DATE both require a long value. In the first case this is the number of milliseconds since mid- night. In the second case this is the number of days since 1.1.0000. Below there are two examples to convert the current date or timestamp into a value suitable for one of paradox's date/time fields. Note This function is only available if pxlib >= 0.6.0 is used. PARAMETERS
o $pxdoc - Resource identifier of the paradox database as returned by px_new(3). o $data - Associated or indexed array containing the field values as e.g. returned by px_retrieve_record(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns FALSE on failure or the record number in case of success. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Set the date/time fields in a paradox database to the current date/time <?php $px = px_new(); $fp = fopen("test.db", "w+"); px_create_fp($px, $fp, array(array("timestamp", "@"), array("time", "T"), array("date", "D"))); $curdate = getdate(); $jd = gregoriantojd($curdate["mon"], $curdate["mday"], $curdate["year"]); $days = $jd - 1721425; /* Number of days between 1.1.4714 b.c. and 1.1.0000 */ $secs = $curdate["hours"]*3600 + $curdate["minutes"]*60 + $curdate["seconds"]; px_insert_record($px, array($days*86400000.0 + $secs*1000.0, $secs*1000.0, $days)); $curtimestamp = microtime(true); $days = (int) ($curtimestamp/86400); $secs = $curtimestamp - ($days * 86400.0); $days += 2440588; /* Number of days between 1.1.4714 b.c. and 1.1.1970 */ $days -= 1721425; /* Number of days between 1.1.4714 b.c. and 1.1.0000 */ px_insert_record($px, array($days*86400000.0 + $secs*1000.0, $secs*1000.0, $days)); for($i=0; $i<2; $i++) { $rec = px_retrieve_record($px, $i); echo px_timestamp2string($px, $rec["timestamp"], "n/d/Y H:i:s")." "; echo px_date2string($px, $rec["date"], "n/d/Y")." "; } px_close($px); px_delete($px); ?> The above example will output: 2/21/2006 21:42:30 2/21/2006 2/21/2006 20:42:30 2/21/2006 The Julian day count as passed to jdtogregorian(3) has a different base of 1.1.4714 b.c. and must therefore be calculated by adding 1721425 to the day count used in the paradox file. Turning the day count into a timestamp is easily done by multiplying with 86400000.0 to obtain milli seconds. SEE ALSO
px_update_record(3) PHP Documentation Group PX_INSERT_RECORD(3)