Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab running bi-weekly
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Crontab running bi-weekly Post 302701751 by abhigrkist on Monday 17th of September 2012 08:59:38 AM
Old 09-17-2012
Thanks Jim,
OS is redhat hat linux and shell is bash.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running sql in crontab

Hi, i have a scripts that update an SQL DATABASE using sqlplus command. when i run it in a interactive mode its ok but when try to run it using the crontab i get an a messege : "Must be attached to terminal for 'am I' option" (there is no "who am i" command in the script) and the DB... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab is not running!!!

Hi experts, need your helpo. after editing the crontab while saving the file it says- "/tmp/crontabRlaauT" 1 line, 77 characters cron may not be running - call your system administrator And i checked after certain time. script in cron is not running. I got a mail in user saying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thepurple
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab job not running

Hi all, down here part of the scheduled job in crontab (AIX Version 5) i have problem running jspPRE-ALL. i verrify permissions and privileges (the others job are working good) if i run the job in command line it work correctly # # Aggiornamento doni e continuity 00 02 * * 2-6... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilpasta
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running SQLPLUS Script in CRONTAB

Hi, Can someone please help me here with this one. This is my script: # more tosh.sh #!/usr/bin/ksh clear . /home/oracle/.profile echo "Good morning, world." export ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/9.0.1 export PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin export ORACLE_SID=xxxx ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshpayal
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab not running a script

Hi, I posted this in the Solaris forum but I think this one would be more appropriate. I created a script starting with the following lines: #!/usr/bin/ksh flag=n export flag typeset -i quant=0 (...) When running it I'm getting the following 2 errors: /tmp/tstscript/testfail.ksh:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cvg
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue while running from crontab

Hi All, Here is my command which I've scheduled to be run from crontab, but it's giving error message: rah: rahhost executable needed but not in PATH My cmd is- 36 10 * * * /opt/IBM/dwe/db2/V9.5/bin/rah "df -m" >> /db2home/bculinux/Files/log/db.out 2>&1 Though I've added path... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Particular script not running through crontab

Hi, I have created the below script, set -x # Set the Path of Environment file ENV_FILE_DIR=/opt/app/p1trp1c1/sybase/ecdwqdm/xrbid/QDM_Prod/bin LOG_DIR=/opt/app/p1trp1c1/sybase/ecdwqdm/xrbid/QDM_Prod/log export ENV_FILE_DIR export LOG_DIR # Set Audit Environment . ${ENV_FILE_DIR}/QDM.env... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yohasini
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Please help why my Crontab is not running on time?

I have set up my cron job on the solaris SunOS 5.10 Generic_138888-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2 but it is not running on time as expected. Would you please help me to find out what I did wrong? I want to have this cron job run once every month on the 1st Wednesday of the month, but it ran... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggcc
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab not running script

Hi All, I am having the below script to be run from crontab, it it doesnt run. 1 * * * * /home/cobr_ext/test.sh > /home/cobr_ext/temp.txt when i run i manally it runs without any issues. Could please help me as to why doesnt it run the script.:( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Crontab is not loading/running

hi, i have crontab where i have put my db backup scripts but crontab do not run at specific time. i have checkted the scripts andwhen run the script as ./mydbbkp.sh so it successfully run and do the job but from cron it is not running whihcmeans cron is not running. i have an oracle user under... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: janakors
3 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)