Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to disable external media? Post 302701713 by chacko193 on Monday 17th of September 2012 07:13:41 AM
Old 09-17-2012
How can i do it using kcmodule??What are the diffrent modules that I shoul change to unused so that no cd or usb devices are mounted??Would changing cdfs and usbd to unused solve the problem??

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

media player

Sir, I am working with SlackWare and when i try to use media player i acnn ot make a queue of songs.There are three software.Kaboodle,naotun,xmms. I can use only Kaboodle. Yesterday i here'd songs inNaotun but today when i click it the loding symbols comes and it then quit with loading. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP Support Plus media

Hi folks, i owe a HP 9000 E55 (antique...) server. I also owe the original version of the OS HPUX 11.0. Unfortenately i can't find the HP-Support Plus medium. During the instlallation i was asked to put it in, i always skip this one. But the system runs not very well. On HP's website you can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: FNORD
8 Replies

3. AIX

ML integration on Media

Hello to all, Someone knows how to create a AIX Bootable Media with a Maintenance Level integrated on it? Regards. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacewalker
0 Replies

4. SCO

Media for Informix 4.1

HI ! I NEED A MEDIA TO INSTALLING INFORMIX 4.1 IN SCO UNIX. OUR MEDIA ARE LOST AND THE SERVER IS GOING BAD ! HELP ME PLEASE ! THANK YOU VERY MUCH ! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomribeiro
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

7. Fedora

media server?

Hi All, I have so many picture of my kids, and movies and videos. I really want to create media server. After doing some research on the internet, I am going to install Ubuntu media server. This old server I have has two disk drive. I was thinking about mirroring that. After that I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
5 Replies

8. SCO

5.0.2 install media

I've inherited an openserver 5.0.2 and wanted to move it to a virtualized environment - Given the server is original hardware no one knows where any of its media is. I'm hoping someone has the installation media for 5.0.2 so I can get a clean system up and running to see what if any changes will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarKnight83
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

HP-UX media B.11.11

I need to reinstall The OS on rp3440 system and need HPUX B.11.11 media for risc processor. Can anyone help me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lapfa01
2 Replies
rmfdmn(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 rmfdmn(8)

NAME
rmfdmn - removes a file domain SYNOPSIS
/sbin/rmfdmn [-f] domain OPTIONS
Turns off the message prompt. OPERANDS
Specifies the name of an existing file domain. DESCRIPTION
Use the rmfdmn utility to remove an existing, but unused, file domain and all its filesets from the system. When you remove a file domain: The file domain and its filesets are destroyed The directory entry for the file domain in the /etc/fdmns file is deleted AdvFS volumes which were assigned to the file domain are relabeled as unused Before attempting to remove a file domain, unmount all filesets and clone filesets from the domain using the umount command. If you attempt to remove a file domain that has mounted filesets or clone filesets, the system does not remove the file domain. Instead, it dis- plays an error message indicating that a fileset is mounted. For each file domain you attempt to remove, a prompt similar to the following is displayed: rmfdmn accounts_dmn rmfdmn: remove domain accounts_dmn? [yes/no] If you answer n, the file domain remains. If you answer y, it is removed. The default is n, the file domain remains. The -f option is useful for scripts when you do not want to be queried for each file domain. If you choose the -f option, no message prompt is displayed. The rmfdmn command operates as if you responded yes to the prompt. RESTRICTIONS
You must be the root user to use this command. To remove a domain, all filesets and clone filesets must be unmounted. The rmfdmn command can leave a partially-removed domain in the /etc/fdmns directory, for example, should there be a system failure during the remove operation. If this happens, the remnants of the removed domain are put in the /etc/fdmns directory as a file with a name in this format: rmfdmn.domain_name.processid. If you interrupt the rmfdmn command or there is a system failure during its operation, check the /etc/fdmns directory for domain names in this format and use the rmfdmn command to delete them. However, if a partially-removed domain has been in the /etc/fdmns directory for some time, it can be risky to remove it with the rmfdmn command: the partitions might have been put back into use and deleting them would make them unusable. [The rmfdmn command puts an unused option in the fstype field of the disk label when it removes disks.] In this case, use the rm -r command to remove the partially-recovered domain. Unlike the rmfdmn command, the rm command does not alter the fstype field of the disk label. EXAMPLES
The following example removes the accounts_dmn file domain. In this example, the accounts_dmn#credit_fs fileset is mounted on the /mnt3 directory and must be unmounted. When the verification prompt for removing the accounts_dmn is displayed, yes is selected. # umount /mnt3 # rmfdmn accounts_dmn # rmfdmn: remove domain accounts_dmn? [yes/no] # rmfdmn: domain accounts_dmn removed FILES
Contains file domain names and devices. SEE ALSO
mkfdmn(8), advfs(4), showfdmn(8), mount(8) rmfdmn(8)