Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware I need an AGP video card that works with Linux as well as Windows 7 Post 302701637 by netwalker on Monday 17th of September 2012 03:36:21 AM
Old 09-17-2012
Basically most of nVidia cards have drivers for Linux/Unix.

Also, you can try using Matrox Millennium - it works with most of distributions.

And also, you can use most of video cards in compatibility mode with drivers like fbdev.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X Server on AIX w/o video card

Hi there, I'm a newbie so please be patient. I wanted to know if it was possible to run X server on a box w/o a video card. The reason I want to do this is I'd like to have a CDE session from sun workstation into the AIX box. Please let me know if this is feasible. Thanks for your time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blah00000
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Video Card

My Ultra -2 Sun Monitor went blank one day ... I tried using our monitor on another Sun , It worked fine . So the problem would be with the video card .. The thing is i have an Old Ultra 1 which has not been used for some time . I hooked that up to see the monitor works with that ..it works... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with video card.

http://adsl.027game.com/uploadImages/200211122321064403.jpg Help, please!!! :confused: :confused: :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Video Card for Lin/Unix

I am wondering if a ATI Mobile Radeon 9600 PROTURBO will work with a any version of linux or Unix (NetBSD 1.6.2, FreeBSD). (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mentor6
0 Replies

5. Solaris

video card for a V440

I am looking into getting some cards for the SunFire V440. Not sure how most folks go about this but I am assuming we can find compatible cards for this server platform without going through SUN. Do you guys recommend getting this video card from SUN? Yeah we got these servers without the video... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluridge
5 Replies

6. Programming

Extracting video card properties

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a way to extract the video card properties (Name, Driver version, amount of vram). I've managed to deal with nVidia cards, but nothing came for ATI/AMD cards and other kind of chipsets. Can someone point a way to do this? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JB007ROLV
4 Replies

7. Hardware

Desktop System with no built in video card on linux

hi I would like to ask some of the expert advice on my propose project. I going to assemble a high end desktop system before i quit my job. I had a laptop with linux and win7 pro for just incase bored and need some spare time gaming with nice graphics. My plan is to assemble a i7 processor model... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Very new to Solaris and Sun, need help please (video card)

Hello all, I am trying to learn about Solaris and Sun systems so I purchased a SunFire 280r running Solaris 9 with a disk array from eBay. The system had no video card so I purchased a PGX32 card for the PCI slot and installed it. The problem is I have no video what so ever. I am familiar... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FTBTX
3 Replies
R128(4) 						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							   R128(4)

NAME
r128 - ATI Rage 128 video driver SYNOPSIS
Section "Device" Identifier "devname" Driver "r128" ... EndSection DESCRIPTION
r128 is an XFree86 driver for ATI Rage 128 based video cards. It contains full support for 8, 15, 16 and 24 bit pixel depths, hardware acceleration of drawing primitives, hardware cursor, video modes up to 1800x1440 @ 70Hz, doublescan modes (e.g., 320x200 and 320x240), gamma correction at all pixel depths, a fully programming dot clock and robust text mode restoration for VT switching. SUPPORTED HARDWARE
The r128 driver supports all ATI Rage 128 based video cards including the Rage Fury AGP 32MB, the XPERT 128 AGP 16MB and the XPERT 99 AGP 8MB. CONFIGURATION DETAILS
Please refer to XF86Config(5) for general configuration details. This section only covers configuration details specific to this driver. The driver auto-detects all device information necessary to initialize the card. However, if you have problems with auto-detection, you can specify: VideoRam - in kilobytes MemBase - physical address of the linear framebuffer IOBase - physical address of the MMIO registers ChipID - PCI DEVICE ID In addition, the following driver Options are supported: Option "SWcursor" "boolean" Selects software cursor. The default is off. Option "NoAccel" "boolean" Enables or disables all hardware acceleration. The default is to enable hardware acceleration. Option "Dac6Bit" "boolean" Enables or disables the use of 6 bits per color component when in 8 bpp mode (emulates VGA mode). By default, all 8 bits per color component are used. The default is off. Option "VideoKey" "integer" This overrides the default pixel value for the YUV video overlay key. The default value is undefined. Option "Display" "string" Select display mode for devices which support flat panels. Supported modes are: "FP" - use flat panel; "CRT" - use cathode ray tube; "Mirror" - use both FP and CRT; "BIOS" - use mode as configured in the BIOS. The default is FP. The following Options are mostly important for non-x86 architectures: Option "ProgramFPRegs" "boolean" Enable or disable programming of the flat panel registers. Beware that this may damage your panel, so use this at your own risk. The default depends on the device. Option "PanelWidth" "integer" Option "PanelHeight" "integer" Override the flat panel dimensions in pixels. They are used to program the flat panel registers and normally determined using the video card BIOS. If the wrong dimensions are used, the system may hang. Option "UseFBDev" "boolean" Enable or disable use of an OS-specific framebuffer device interface (which is not supported on all OSs). See fbdevhw(4) for fur- ther information. Default: off. Option "DMAForXv" "boolean" Try or don't try to use DMA for Xv image transfers. This will reduce CPU usage when playing big videos like DVDs, but may cause instabilities. Default: off. The following additional Options are supported: Option "ShowCache" "boolean" Enable or disable viewing offscreen cache memory. A development debug option. Default: off. SEE ALSO
XFree86(1), XF86Config(5), xf86config(1), Xserver(1), X(7) AUTHORS
Rickard E. (Rik) Faith faith@precisioninsight.com Kevin E. Martin kevin@precisioninsight.com XFree86 Version 4.7.0 R128(4)