Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Cygwin application not working on my machine. Post 302701583 by pamu on Sunday 16th of September 2012 11:44:34 PM
Old 09-17-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
What exactly do you try to open?

In what way does it not work?
After installation i clicked on Cygwin-terminal and all other options present in start-all programs-Cygwin menu. but nothing happened. No error, nothing. not able to understand whats happening. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing application on Windows from Unix machine

I have two machines, one running Windows and another one Unix over a network. I want to execute a batch file on the Windows machine using a script running on the Unix machine. I have tried creating a rsa key and transferrring it to the destination machine but it doesn't work. The purpose was to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileUser
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Link type between working machine and server machine

There are two servers where my machine is connected. Is there any type of link formed between my machine and server machine? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: palash2k
1 Replies

3. Programming

Ping remote UNIX machine from a java application

Hi Friends, Can some one please guide me on how to make a script run on a remote UNIX machine from a java application. Or may if you can just tell me how do u ping to the remote UNIX machine using java code. Been looking for the solution since 5-6 hrs, didn't got any where near :( Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanjay MD
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

closed-source application & CygWin

Is it possible to install closed-source applications on CygWin? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run perl script in remote machine from java application?

Hi I am working in a java application. I need to execute a perl script(linux) which is in remote machine in java application from local machine(windows). I need to do this process automatically that is without manual intereption. Now I will explain the process clearly, at present to run the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bassma
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cross complie linux make files onto a windows 7 machine using PGI Cygwin

Hello, I am very unfamiliar with linux/unix (don't even know the difference), but am trying to get some linux software to run on my Windows machine for my research. I have the makefiles for the software, and it is designed to be compiled in the PGI complier, which I also have. When i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: roba87
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED on cygwin not working with Hex or Octal

Hi, I have downloaded a web page that I need to cleanup before passing to xmlstarlet. Using UltraEdit's HEX utility part of my download is as follows: 3C 2F 61 3E 0A 09 0A 09 09 3C 2F 61 3E which in ASCII is </a> </a> I need to locate this string and replace it with just... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazhoop
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking mirror copy of the application id and password into the new UNIX machine

I am working in Datastage Migration project. The applications has to be moved from legacy machines to the new machines. all the applications will be having their own application id and password (non expiry) created in the unix (5.3). Now the scripts and the datastage applications has to be moved... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin script log redirection not working well

I have a simple script which will send a curl request and redirect the output to a log file. for i in {1..20} do curl google.com -is >>log.log & echo "request # $i" >> log.log doneAfter it completes the execution, if I run the following command I should see 20 lines because I am printing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: heykiran
4 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How can I start a cygwin application from windows 7 command prompt?

I have compiled an application called tmesh.exe, that was compiled for the cygwin, win7 platform. I wonder, if I do that outside X window, Is there a chance that I can run it on the command prompt of windows 7? (tmesh:4048): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: THANKS Jack (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
3 Replies
Inline-Support(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Inline-Support(3)

NAME
Inline-Support - Support Information for Inline.pm and related modules. DESCRIPTION
This document contains all of the latest support information for "Inline.pm" and the recognized Inline Language Support Modules (ILSMs) available on CPAN. SUPPORTED LANGUAGES
The most important language that Inline supports is "C". That is because Perl itself is written in "C". By giving a your Perl scripts access to "C", you in effect give them access to the entire glorious internals of Perl. (Caveat scriptor :-) As of this writing, Inline also supports: - C++ - Java - Python - Tcl - Assembly - CPR - And even Inline::Foo! :) Projects that I would most like to see happen in the year 2001 are: - Fortran - Ruby - Lisp - Guile - Bash - Perl4 SUPPORTED PLATFORMS
"Inline::C" should work anywhere that CPAN extension modules (those that use XS) can be installed, using the typical install format of: perl Makefile.PL make make test make install It has been tested on many Unix and Windows variants. NOTE: "Inline::C" requires Perl 5.005 or higher because "Parse::RecDescent" requires it. (Something to do with the "qr" operator) Inline has been successfully tested at one time or another on the following platforms: Linux Solaris SunOS HPUX AIX FreeBSD OpenBSD BeOS OS X WinNT Win2K WinME Win98 Cygwin The Microsoft tests deserve a little more explanation. I used the following: Windows NT 4.0 (service pack 6) Perl 5.005_03 (ActiveState build 522) MS Visual C++ 6.0 The "nmake" make utility (distributed w/ Visual C++) "Inline::C" pulls all of its base configuration (including which "make" utility to use) from "Config.pm". Since your MSWin32 version of Perl probably came from ActiveState (as a binary distribution) the "Config.pm" will indicate that "nmake" is the system's "make" utility. That is because ActiveState uses Visual C++ to compile Perl. To install "Inline.pm" (or any other CPAN module) on MSWin32 w/ Visual C++, use these: perl Makefile.PL nmake nmake test nmake install Inline has also been made to work with Mingw32/gcc on all Windows platforms. This is a free compiler for Windows. You must also use a perl built with that compiler. The "Cygwin" test was done on a Windows 98 machine using the Cygwin Unix/Win32 porting layer software from Cygnus. The "perl" binary on this machine was also compiled using the Cygwin tool set ("gcc"). This software is freely available from http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/ If you get Inline to work on a new platform, please send me email email. If it doesn't work, let me know as well and I'll see what can be done. SEE ALSO
For general information about Inline see Inline. For information about using Inline with C see Inline::C. For sample programs using Inline with C see Inline::C-Cookbook. For information on writing your own Inline Language Support Module, see Inline-API. Inline's mailing list is inline@perl.org To subscribe, send email to inline-subscribe@perl.org AUTHOR
Brian Ingerson <INGY@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2000, 2001, 2002. Brian Ingerson. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.12.1 2010-01-27 Inline-Support(3)