Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl regex help needed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl regex help needed Post 302701491 by msabhi on Sunday 16th of September 2012 08:04:22 AM
Old 09-16-2012
Try this Reg Exp

Code:
if($string =~ m/^[\w\s+-.:\/\\]*$/)
{
print "Valid";
}else {
print "Invalid"
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed and regex help needed

Hi all, I'm writing a script that replaces a value in a file. The file is formatted as follows: So, for this example, I'd like to replace the value for param_two. The value for param_two can be a one, or two-digit number. It replaces the value in file.cfg, and directs the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: marknu1
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting perl regex to sed regex

I am having trouble parsing rpm filenames in a shell script.. I found a snippet of perl code that will perform the task but I really don't have time to rewrite the entire script in perl. I cannot for the life of me convert this code into something sed-friendly: if ($rpm =~ /(*)-(*)-(*)\.(.*)/)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suntzu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex help needed

Hello, I'd like to write a regex that transforms a German base form of a noun into one of its inflected forms, namely I want to translate "Haus" to "Häuser" This is what I've got: /^(.+)$/_Umlaut( $1 )_er/ where _Umlaut( x )_ is a function operating on the noun stem captured by $1 The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bloomy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in regex

Hi, Could you please help me in writing a regex for the following requirement? Let following be the string format: abc.cdef.ghij.lm I need to check between dots, there is atleast one character{a-z,A-Z,*}. Eg: abc1.gt2.345j is valid, but not 123.abc.vff.gth because 123 should not be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorzinian
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regex Needed:(

I am looking for the proper regex to match the hostname "areagc11" of this log.... Any help would be awsome:) Oct 25 11:08:18 areagc11 961: Oct 25 18:08:17.536 GMT: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by someone onvty1 (10.156.72.97) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlaigo2
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RegEX help needed

Hi, Have to filter out string before the last underscore in the following input: UNIX_Solaris_59_KSH output: UNIX_Solaris_59 dummy one but :mad: Thanks & Regards, Sourabh Singh Khichi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skhichi
4 Replies

7. Programming

Perl regex

Hello, I'm trying to get a quick help on regex since i'm not a regular programmer. Below is the line i'm trying to apply my regex to..i want to use the regex in a for loop and this line will keep on changing. subject=... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhamaks
4 Replies

8. Programming

Perl regex

Hello folks, Looking for a quick help on regex in my perl script. here's the string i want to parse and get the 2nd field out of it. $str = " 2013-08-07 12:29 Beta ACTIVE"; I want to extract 'Beta' out of this string. This string will keep on changing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhamaks
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl, RegEx - Help me to understand the regex!

I am not a big expert in regex and have just little understanding of that language. Could you help me to understand the regular Perl expression: ^(?!if\b|else\b|while\b|)(?:+?\s+){1,6}(+\s*)\(*\) *?(?:^*;?+){0,10}\{ ------ This is regex to select functions from a C/C++ source and defined in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl REGEX help

Experts - I found a script on one of the servers that I work on and I need help understanding one of the lines. I know what the script does, but I'm having a hard time understanding the grouping. Can someone help me with this? Here's the script... #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
2 Replies
RAKE(1) 						 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						   RAKE(1)

NAME
rake -- Ruby Make SYNOPSIS
rake [--f Rakefile] [--version] [-CGNPgnqstv] [-D [PATTERN]] [-E CODE] [-I LIBDIR] [-R RAKELIBDIR] [-T [PATTERN]] [-e CODE] [-p CODE] [-r MODULE] [--rules] [variable=value] target ... DESCRIPTION
Rake is a simple ruby(1) build program with capabilities similar to the regular make(1) command. Rake has the following features: o Rakefiles (Rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?). o Users can specify tasks with prerequisites. o Rake supports rule patterns to synthesize implicit tasks. o Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about manipulating file names and paths. o A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier. OPTIONS
--version Display the program version. -C --classic-namespace Put Task and FileTask in the top level namespace -D [PATTERN] --describe [PATTERN] Describe the tasks (matching optional PATTERN), then exit. -E CODE --execute-continue CODE Execute some Ruby code, then continue with normal task processing. -G --no-system --nosystem Use standard project Rakefile search paths, ignore system wide rakefiles. -I LIBDIR --libdir LIBDIR Include LIBDIR in the search path for required modules. -N --no-search --nosearch Do not search parent directories for the Rakefile. -P --prereqs Display the tasks and dependencies, then exit. -R RAKELIBDIR --rakelib RAKELIBDIR --rakelibdir RAKELIBDIR Auto-import any .rake files in RAKELIBDIR. (default is rakelib ) -T [PATTERN] --tasks [PATTERN] Display the tasks (matching optional PATTERN) with descriptions, then exit. -e CODE --execute CODE Execute some Ruby code and exit. -f FILE --rakefile FILE Use FILE as the rakefile. -h --help Prints a summary of options. -g --system Using system wide (global) rakefiles (usually ~/.rake/*.rake ). -n --dry-run Do a dry run without executing actions. -p CODE --execute-print CODE Execute some Ruby code, print the result, then exit. -q --quiet Do not log messages to standard output. -r MODULE --require MODULE Require MODULE before executing rakefile. -s --silent Like --quiet, but also suppresses the 'in directory' announcement. -t --trace Turn on invoke/execute tracing, enable full backtrace. -v --verbose Log message to standard output (default). --rules Trace the rules resolution. SEE ALSO
ruby(1) make(1) http://rake.rubyforge.org/ REPORTING BUGS
Bugs, features requests and other issues can be logged at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/projects/show/rake>. You will need an account to before you can post issues. Register at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/account/register>. Or you can send an email to the author. AUTHOR
Rake is written by Jim Weirich <jim@weirichhouse.org> UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX