Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Dead server, need to restore few files Post 302701453 by zing_foru on Sunday 16th of September 2012 04:59:43 AM
Old 09-16-2012
another option is don't use CD ROM .. book the server in single user mode, & find your installed license file in /var or /usr

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup user from one server and restore to another

Hi. I have a situation here where I need to backup a users' home directory and restore onto another server. The issue here is that both servers have different operating systems and I am looking for advices on how to proceed. The source server operating system is Tru64 v5.1, and here's the output... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fidodido
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to restore the deleted files

hi, if i delete a file from /home/san/abc.cpp in linux/unix and i want to restore it back how to do that ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

3. AIX

Must restore data to DR server

Hello, I have posted several threads regarding my voyage of discovery with mksysb's and AIX, but seem to be at a loss now please help me. I need to restore data from a mksysb to a DR server. Problem is the DR server only has 2 disks not 4 and no mirrors. I need to restore AIX 5.2 to the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

5. AIX

Restore Files on AIX

Just a background, my volume group backup consumes 5 tapes. I backup using find . -print.... Now, I would like to restore a file which i know is from the 3rd tape. Using restore command restore -xvqf /dev/rmtx ./<path>/<filename> The system always ask for the first tape. Is there a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: petchoy
3 Replies

6. SCO

cpio Backup and restore to spare server fails

Our company purchased a spare HP ML350 server - identical to current one in use to act as minimal downtime replacement should the inevitable happen. After install of OS 5.0.7 and restore of cpiobackup I get this message: -: Syntax error: Hostname= $inexpected The SCO licence policy... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moondogi
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris Server dectects EMC dead path and send mail immediately

taus-itcapp1#powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=emcpower0a CLARiiON ID=APM00105201788 Logical device ID=60060160B2202B001094F0E0AF5CE011 state=alive; policy=CLAROpt; priority=0; queued-IOs=0; Owner: default=SP A, current=SP A Array failover mode: 1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orafup
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Restore a server from a ufsdump

Hi guys i tried to restore a server from a ufsdump. For your information, the ufsdump was created on a v440 and i have to restore it to a v240... is it supported? should it work? don't know but i try! the problem is after restoring the filesystem, modify the vfstab, system file and install... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Moving boot SSD from a dead server to a new server

Hi all, We have a disk array that has the boot drive on an OCZ SSD on a PCIe card. Well, the motherboard died and we got a new motherboard. We moved the controllers, NICs, etc, to the exact same slots on the new motherboard, except now it won't boot. I guess it doesn't recognize the OS on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glowe57
1 Replies
NETROM(4)                                                    Linux Programmer's Manual                                                   NETROM(4)

NAME
AF_NETROM - NET/ROM amateur packet radio protocol family DESCRIPTION
NET/ROM is a protocol used extensively by radio amateurs. The Linux NET/ROM protocol family permits access to these protocols via the stan- dard networking socket metaphor. The NET/ROM protocol layer only supports connected mode. IP traffic may be stacked on top of NET/ROM frames using a non-standard extension to the NET/ROM protocol. The only mode of operation is connected mode which is the mode used for a socket of type SOCK_SEQPACKET (stream sockets are not available in NET/ROM). This requires that the user ensures output data is suitably packetised, and that input data is read a packet at a time into a buffer of suitable size. NET/ROM addresses consist of 6 ascii characters and a number called the SSID. These are encoded into a sockaddr_ax25 structure which is provided to the relevant system calls. NET/ROM has some unusual properties. Notably in a multi-user system an AX.25 address is often associated with a user, and some users may not have such an association. a set of ioctl calls are provided to manage an association table. NET/ROM supports the following socket options for SOL_NETROM. NETROM_T1 is the T1 timer in 1/10ths of a second, NETROM_T2 is the T2 timer in 1/10ths of a second. NETROM_N2, the retry counter is also configurable. There is no 'infinite retry' option supported however. It is possible for an application to request that the NET/ROM layer return the NET/ROM header as well as the application data, this is done via the NETROM_HDRINCL socket option. SEE ALSO
call(1), socket(2), setsockopt(2), getsockopt(2), nrbroadcast(5), nrports(5), netromd(8), noderest(8), nodesave(8), nrparms(8). AUTHOR
Jonathan Naylor G4KLX <g4klx@g4klx.demon.co.uk> Linux 25 July 1996 NETROM(4)