Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Socket Programming in Perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Socket Programming in Perl Post 302701297 by parthmittal2007 on Saturday 15th of September 2012 01:04:28 PM
Old 09-15-2012
That's Done, Thank You..
One more thing I want to ask, Is it possible to send the file (without opening it) through Socket.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Socket Programming

Dear Reader, Is there any way to check up socket status other than 'netstatus ' Thanks in advance, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joseph_shibu
1 Replies

2. Programming

Socket Programming socket

Hello, I actually try to make client-server program. I'm using SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.0 and when I try to compile my code (by TELNET) I've got this error : I'm just using this simple code : and I get the same error if I use : If someone can help me, Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soshell
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

socket programming

my system is a stand alone system... i want to try doing socket porgramming..ihave heard that this is usually done during testing... how can i do that....? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: damn_bkb
6 Replies

4. IP Networking

socket programming

Hello Everyone Iam working on tcp/ip programming.with some time interval server has to send data.client has to close the connection and to open the connection between the time interval.this is the scenario when iam closing the connection in client side the connection terminates.how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshvaikuntam
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple socket programming in perl

hi i want to write simple socket program which will listen on socket . here is the code ## read msg on socket #! /usr/bin/perl use IO::Socket::INET; my $MySocket= IO::Socket::INET->new(LocalPort=>1234, Proto=>'udp') ; while ()... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

socket programming

Hi, I am trying to connect to more than 60 servers to perform some actions remotely. for this I am using ssh2. But its taking lot of time. Though i am running the command in background, still its taking long time to execute.. Any one let me know can we use sockets instead of ssh2 for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvamsikr
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

socket programming

can we send udp message to a destination ip address .. without having an ip address configured in our machine using recvfrom ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Socket programming

in c socket programming, how can I send and received on the same port? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peevish
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hi i need help with socket programming

in socket programming how can i : Create for example 3 blank files, namely: server, client, network •Server: act as servers/provider, will receive all requests from different client •Client: requesters •Network: middle-layer of communication between server & client any tips or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedah160
6 Replies

10. Programming

Socket programming

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm working on new project for last few days and this forum already helped me on couple of occasions. I don't have any prior experience with network programming so I'll appreciate any advise given. I'm trying to do the following: 1. open user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: _thomas
2 Replies
Socket::Multicast6(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Socket::Multicast6(3pm)

NAME
Socket::Multicast6 - Constructors and constants for IPv4 and IPv6 multicast socket operations. SYNOPSIS
use Socket::Multicast6 qw(:all); my $ip = getprotobyname( 'ip' ); my $ip_mreq = pack_ip_mreq( inet_aton( $mcast_addr ), inet_aton( $if_addr ) ); my $ipv6_mreq = pack_ipv6_mreq( inet_pton( AF_INET6, $mcast6_addr ), $if_index ); setsockopt( $sock, $ip, IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP, $ip_mreq ) or die( "setsockopt IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP failed: $!" ); setsockopt( $sock, $ip, IP_DROP_MEMBERSHIP, $ip_mreq ) or die( "setsockopt IP_DROP_MEMBERSHIP failed: $!" ); setsockopt( $sock, $ip, IP_MULTICAST_LOOP, pack( 'C', $loop ) ) or die( "setsockopt IP_MULTICAST_LOOP failed: $!" ); setsockopt( $sock, $ip, IP_MULTICAST_TTL, pack( 'C', $ttl ) ) or die( "setsockopt IP_MULTICAST_TTL failed: $!" ); DESCRIPTION
This module is used to gain access to constants and utility functions used when manipulating multicast socket attributes. For simple, object-oriented way of doing the same thing, take a look at IO::Socket::Multicast6 or IO::Socket::Multicast. EXPORTS
By default nothing is exported, you can use the 'ipv4', 'ipv6' and 'independent' to export a specific protocol family, or 'all' to export all symbols. FUNCTIONS
$ip_mreq = pack_ip_mreq(MCAST_ADDR, IF_ADDR) $ip_mreq_source = pack_ip_mreq_source(MCAST_ADDR, SOURCE_ADDR, IF_ADDR) $ipv6_mreq = pack_ipv6_mreq(MCAST6_ADDR, IF_INDEX) CONSTANTS
IP_MULTICAST_IF IP_MULTICAST_TTL IP_MULTICAST_LOOP IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP IP_DROP_MEMBERSHIP IP_ADD_SOURCE_MEMBERSHIP IP_DROP_SOURCE_MEMBERSHIP IPV6_MULTICAST_IF IPV6_MULTICAST_HOPS IPV6_MULTICAST_LOOP IPV6_JOIN_GROUP IPV6_LEAVE_GROUP MCAST_JOIN_GROUP MCAST_BLOCK_SOURCE MCAST_UNBLOCK_SOURCE MCAST_LEAVE_GROUP MCAST_JOIN_SOURCE_GROUP MCAST_LEAVE_SOURCE_GROUP SEE ALSO
IO::Socket::Multicast6 (The easier, object-oriented way) AUTHOR
Based on Socket::Multicast by Jonathan Steinert, <hachi@cpan.org> Socket::Multicast6 by Nicholas J Humfrey, <njh@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006 Nicholas J Humfrey Copyright (C) 2006 Jonathan Steinert This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.6.1 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Socket::Multicast6(3pm)