Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Need ssh,sudo,ftp packages for HP-UX 11.00 Post 302701251 by vbe on Saturday 15th of September 2012 08:53:07 AM
Old 09-15-2012
You should have ftp... question of configuring it thats all... since HP-UX 11.00 is out of support either you got all you needed before or you have to live what you find elsewhere like your favorite Porting and archiving center for HP e.g.:
Search Archive 2.0.0

sudo-1.8.5p2

The trouble is you might have to use the sources and compile the packages yourself...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xwindows over ssh after sudo?

ok...I'm stumped on this one. I cannot figure out how to carry over my environment variables with a sudo command. I need to install an application under root and only have sudo access to get there. I can use ssh -Y <host> and launch an xwindows session successfully as myself but as soon as I sudo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottsl
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo and ssh

Hello, Can you config sudo to use the passphrase in the user ssh-key instead of the one in the passwd? Some users do not have local passwords on the system and instead of adding the NOPASSWD in sudoers I would like the solution I asked about above. Thx Jocke (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jOOc
3 Replies

3. Solaris

ssh on solairs 10 which packages

I just installed several packages and ssh is working on this solaris 10 box. I am not certain that I needed all of these: SUNWsshcu SUNWsshdr SUNWsshdu SUNWsshr SUNWsshu Can anyone confirm the packages that are really necessary? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liven
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo and ssh

Hi, I would like to know how i can perform a task, while performing ssh, sudo and command at the same time. What I generally do is I ssh to the server, where i created private and public, so it does not prompt me for password all the time. Then i need to run "sudo su - ldaprole" to get into... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh and sudo login

Hi, I am trying to execute some command, via ssh and sudo. Here is what i want to do. ssh localhost | sudo su - ldaprole | ls -ltrh However, this command gives me listing of my home directory, and not of ldaprole. If I logic directly, when i perform sudo su - ldaprole, it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

7. Programming

Using Commands over SSH using Sudo

Is there a way to transfer my sudo password via ssh so that I can copy files remotely and pass them locally, so: cat sudo-passwd-file|ssh -t user@10.7.0.180 'sudo find / -depth|cpio -oacv|gzip' > /path/to/dir/file.cpio.gz I am in the process of a creating a script. Everytime I try and just... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh & sudo

when the following command is issued the command prompt is received, how do I get past this? ssh -t usera@hosta sudo su - userb -c id (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: squrcles
4 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

Help on Ssh using sudo

I'm confused in the configuration of sudoers for one group of users. The users need to execute a app from a remote machine, in this local machine they want me to allow ssh for them using sudo for eg. sudo -u admin ssh -X euadmin@<IP address of remote> <remote script which opens a gui> It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anandk
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh does not support sqlplus and sudo -i?

Hey everybody, currently I am having an issue that I need to open an ssh session to a remote host, once on the remote host I need to use sudo and then execute sqlplus. Once the sqlplus call is open I need to execute one command while the sqlplus is active. For example show sga. I already got so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h1kelds
3 Replies
CDEBOOTSTRAP(1) 						   User Commands						   CDEBOOTSTRAP(1)

NAME
cdebootstrap - Bootstrap a Debian system SYNOPSIS
cdebootstrap [OPTION]... SUITE TARGET [MIRROR] DESCRIPTION
cdebootstrap builds a basic Debian system of SUITE (e.g. etch, lenny, sid) into TARGET using the source specified in MIRROR. It supports http://, ftp://, file:// and ssh:// URL and defaults to http://ftp.debian.org/debian. The ssh:// scheme uses cat on the remote host to access the files. You have to setup a master connection and configure ssh to use it or use a key for authentication. No user interaction is possible. The complete log is saved as /var/log/bootstrap.log in the new system. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. --allow-unauthenticated Ignore if packages can't be authenticated. This ignores the unavailability of Release.gpg, missing keyrings, broken signatures and missing gpgv executable. -a, --arch=ARCH Set the target architecture. -c, --configdir=DIR Set the config directory. --debug Enable debug output. -d, --download-only Download packages, but don't perform installation. --exclude=A,B,C Drop packages from the installation list. This only works if the package is pulled in explicitely, either via priority or explicit definition in the config. It won't exclude packages which are pulled in via dependencies. --foreign Use second stage installer. This does the unpack phase of the bootstraping only. The second stage installer will be available as /sbin/cdebootstrap-foreign and /sbin/init. -f, --flavour=FLAVOUR Select the flavour to use (see FLAVOURS below). -k, --keyring=KEYRING Use given keyring. -H, --helperdir=DIR Set the helper directory. --include=A,B,C Install extra packages. -q, --quiet Be quiet. Only warnings and errors are shown. --suite-config -v, --verbose Be verbose. All command output is shown. -h, --help Display this help and exit. --version Output version information and exit. FLAVOURS
Flavours available with default configuration: build Installs essential, apt and build-essential. Suitable for sbuild and pbuilder usage. All rc.d operations are disabled by a policy- rc.d script (cdebootstrap-helper-rc.d package). minimal Installs essential and apt. All rc.d operations are disabled by a policy-rc.d script (cdebootstrap-helper-rc.d package). standard Installs required and important priority packages. This is the default flavour. cdebootstrap CDEBOOTSTRAP(1)