Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Warning msg from .sh script to web user? Post 302701125 by vsekvsek on Friday 14th of September 2012 06:02:52 PM
Old 09-14-2012
Warning msg from .sh script to web user?

Hello out there,
I got a script that stops and restarts a webapp. I would like to be able to send warning reminders to the webusers as a warning like 5 minutes before it happens. Can I do this an if so how?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add user from web

I am trying to figure out how to add a user from the web (w/ PHP or PERL): is it possible? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanroth
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connecting to a database through a script...if not give an error msg

Hello , i have a problem in writing the shell script.. i have a script already written n just need to make a change in which when the script is not able to connect to the database ..it should print an error msg on the screen. I have already seen previous posts on how to connect to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sommer_queen
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Where/What/Howto solve warning/error msg about Kernel patch level?

required Solaris 5.10 Kernel patch 137111-03 required Solaris 5.10 Fibre Channel Device Driver patch 125184-08 I want to know about the descriptions and what the patches will do. I searched www.sun.com (patches/updates) but don't see I am looking for. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Y4Net
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script is working but why do I get this msg?

Hi, I have a script to determine the max memory to set a worker to start up at. The variable will need to end up being "-Xmx512m" or "-Xmx256m" or "-Xmx768m." Everything works fine BUT when I set the "MEMORY" variable I get the "Cmmand not foundine 40: -Xmx512m" msg though the variable is the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help pulling ${VARS} out of a web page user curl

Here is the code I have so far #!/bin/bash INFOF="/tmp/mac.info" curl --silent http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-2-duo-2.8-aluminum-17-mid-2009-unibody-specs.html "$INFOF" I want help putting these specs into a vars Standard Ram: value into $VAR1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to switch the user before executing a shell script from web page??

hi, i want to execute a shell script as a different user. the flow is like this. there is a html web page from which i have to call a shell script. web server is apache. to call the shell script from html page, a perl script is required. so the html page calls the perl script and the perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
2 Replies

7. Linux

Linux extacting msg from script to console

how to get the outout from script to console. i am running one script msg.sh using cron job every suday midnight. as soon as i logged in i want to see the staus is service started or service failed on console. what command i need to add to script ? msg.sh #!/bin/bash if then echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saku
1 Replies

8. Linux

Trouble setting up basic user authentication on apache2 web server

Hey guys! So I decided to set up some basic user authentication on my apache2 server, and I am running into some problems. I followed the documentation provided by apache on their website, but I cant create the password file for some reason. I did a little trouble shooting myself, and found... (40 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxIntern445
40 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Visualizing MySQL Session : Web Server User Behavior at UNIX.com

Visualizing MySQL Session - Web Server User Behavior The video in this post shows unix.com forum user session information in a way that has never been visualized before. I plan to enrich this visualization significantly in the future - it's currently just a first beta. RWBeylgjOqs (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
IPMI(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   IPMI(4)

NAME
ipmi -- Intelligent Platform Management Interface driver SYNOPSIS
ipmi0 at mainbus? DESCRIPTION
The ipmi device driver supports motherboards implementing the Intelligent Platform Management Interface version 1.5 or 2.0, and exports sen- sors and the watchdog through the envsys(4) interface. EVENTS
The ipmi driver is able to send events to powerd(8) when a sensor's state has changed. Intrusion sensors will send a critical event when state is not ok. Power Supply sensors will send a critical event when the Power Supply unit is not installed and warning-over when the Power Supply unit is installed but not powered on. Fan, temperature and voltage sensors will send critical-over or critical-under when the value is very critical, or warning-over or warning-under if it's in a warning alert. SEE ALSO
envsys(4), envstat(8), powerd(8), wdogctl(8) HISTORY
The ipmi driver first appeared in OpenBSD 3.9 and was then ported to NetBSD 4.0. AUTHORS
The ipmi driver was originally written by Jordan Hargrave and was ported to NetBSD by Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@NetBSD.org>. BSD
September 8, 2008 BSD