Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: About search engine in unix
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions About search engine in unix Post 302700865 by Skrynesaver on Friday 14th of September 2012 10:18:29 AM
Old 09-14-2012
Well, you'll need
A spider to traverse the web
A way of extracting the text of a link and the url it points to
A way of ranking the value of pages for any keyword, perhaps occurrences of the keyword in links to the url as well as occurences within the page?
A database to store your keywords and urls.

That would give you a basic platform - now all you have to do is research the above and design the ranking algorithm.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search Engine

How do you write a search engline to search offline scripts? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hawaiifiver
3 Replies

2. Programming

Search Engine in C

Hello everybody, I need help with this, I need to design a CGI search engine in C but i have no idea on what or how to do it. Do i have to open all the html files one by one and search for the given strings? i think this process will be slow, and will take too much of the server processing... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
11 Replies

3. Web Development

Search Engine

Hey guys. I have a quick question. My friends and I are working on a search engine project that will hopefully be up and running by December of 2011. Here's my concern. What programs should I use to create the search engine. Thanks guys! :b: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: OussenkoSearch
9 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Patching Google Search engine/application in Unix.

Hi Unix Gurus, In my Co. we have intranet site hosted on Unix box. In Explorer there is a text box for searching information on internet. By default it is using Google Custom Search. This search engine is little old one. Now I want to patch this search engine with latest patch. If any one know... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriramis4u
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

About search engine in unix

Hello, How to create a search engine in unix using commands?...Atleast guidelines to craete this search engine...Thank you in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sindhu R
10 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

YouTube: Search Engine Optimization | How To Fix Soft 404 Errors and A.I. Tales from Google Search

Getting a bit more comfortable making quick YT videos in 4K, here is: Search Engine Optimization | How To Fix Soft 404 Errors and A.I. Tales from Google Search Console https://youtu.be/I6b9T2qcqFo (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)