Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: arithmatic
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting arithmatic Post 302700857 by delugeag on Friday 14th of September 2012 10:02:01 AM
Old 09-14-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by somersetdan
I am using a bash shell. This is the error message i keep getting:

ex2: line 23: /: syntax error: operand expected (error token is "/")

any ideas?

---------- Post updated at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:42 PM ----------

Thank you that makes perfect sense.
What is the line 23 ?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH arithmatic Integer overflow

Guys, I have two big numbers to multiply. In doing do I am getting integer overflow. I managed to multiply number but this number is useless as KSh does not recognise it as a valid number. Here is what I am doing $ expr 999999999999 \* 100 276447132 I got the right value by doing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas_sri
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Arithmatic operation issue , datatype issue

Hi, I have a shell scripting. This will take 7 digit number in each line and add 7 digit number with next subsequent lines ( normal addition ). Eg: 0000001 0000220 0001235 0000022 0000023 ........... ......... ........ Like this i am having around 1500000 records. After adding... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
23 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

arithmatic with awk

hi, i am trying some awk arthmatic calculation,i have a problem if any one can help let say if i have a file exm.txt 3 + 2 3 * 2 3 / 2 3 - 2 the output expected is awk -f exm.awk exm.txt 3 + 2 = 5 3 * 2 = 6 3 / 2 = 1.5 3 - 2 = 1 i simply used exm.awk { print $1 " + " $3 "= " $1 +... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phone_book
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying a arithmatic on a command line vs scripting.

Hi Everyone! I'm trying to do simple math on a single command line instead of a script which I've already set up using let etc. I can not get the same output to display on a command line. Essentially I would like a=20, b=50, and c=a*b. When I tried: let "A=20, B=50"; let C=A*B; echo $C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CasperQuiet
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: round output or delimit output of arithmatic string

I have a file with the following content. > cat /tmp/internetusage.txt 6709.296322 30000 2/7/2010 0.00I am using the following awk command to calculate a percentage from field 1 and 2 from the file. awk '{ print $1/$2*100 }' /tmp/internetusage.txt This outputs the value "22.3643" as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jelloir
1 Replies
MPI_File_get_size(3OpenMPI)											       MPI_File_get_size(3OpenMPI)

NAME
MPI_File_get_size - Returns the current size of the file. SYNTAX
C Syntax #include <mpi.h> int MPI_File_get_size(MPI_File fh, MPI_Offset *size) Fortran Syntax (see FORTRAN 77 NOTES) INCLUDE 'mpif.h' MPI_FILE_GET_SIZE(FH, SIZE, IERROR) INTEGER FH, ERROR INTEGER(KIND=MPI_OFFSET_KIND) SIZE C++ Syntax #include <mpi.h> MPI::Offset MPI::File::Get_size() const INPUT PARAMETERS
fh File handle (handle). size Size of the file in bytes (integer). OUTPUT PARAMETER
IERROR Fortran only: Error status (integer). DESCRIPTION
MPI_File_get_size returns, in size , the current size in bytes of the file associated with the file handle fh. Note that the file size returned by Solaris may not represent the number of bytes physically allocated for the file in those cases where all bytes in this file have not been written at least once. FORTRAN 77 NOTES The MPI standard prescribes portable Fortran syntax for the SIZE argument only for Fortran 90. Sun FORTRAN 77 users may use the non-porta- ble syntax INTEGER*MPI_OFFSET_KIND SIZE where MPI_ADDRESS_KIND is a constant defined in mpif.h and gives the length of the declared integer in bytes. ERRORS
Almost all MPI routines return an error value; C routines as the value of the function and Fortran routines in the last argument. C++ func- tions do not return errors. If the default error handler is set to MPI::ERRORS_THROW_EXCEPTIONS, then on error the C++ exception mechanism will be used to throw an MPI:Exception object. Before the error value is returned, the current MPI error handler is called. For MPI I/O function errors, the default error handler is set to MPI_ERRORS_RETURN. The error handler may be changed with MPI_File_set_errhandler; the predefined error handler MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL may be used to make I/O errors fatal. Note that MPI does not guarantee that an MPI program can continue past an error. SEE ALSO
MPI_File_preallocate Open MPI 1.2 September 2006 MPI_File_get_size(3OpenMPI)