Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to clone a 382-workstations hdd? Post 302700801 by vbe on Friday 14th of September 2012 08:39:22 AM
Old 09-14-2012
I wonder if it is not a question of driver... or firmware that needs to be updated... I dont remember how it was done ( I turned off my 712 in 94 and my 715 in 96...) I did uprade one so it recognized 2GB disks... You should see ( I will try on my side also...) if you know someone at HP that still has the firmware and software because unless its shellscripts like /etc/disktab I doubt the binaries are compatible ( I may still have 9.00 9.05, and perhaps 9.07 tapes..) because you have a motorola processor (serie 300...)
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

networking between two solaris workstations

I am trying to network two solaris workstations(ultra sparc 5) at home. what shoud I use to build the one of workstations as a http and ftp server and to network with the other workstation? (please explain to me in detail.. what kind of software or equipment do I need..) Thanks John (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jung1975
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

about emulation in workstations

i would like about the emulation in workstations. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmilano
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Workstations are not sync

What's the idea of Unsyncron SUN WS's ? one of our client had a problem & my supervisor told me that this causes of unsynchron WS's i mean maybe the setting of one is not compatible with other ..... Any Suggestion would be helpful Rgrds, nikk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Old HDD copy to new HDD ? im lost...

Over the last few months the HDD spins louder and louder, so I fiqured its time to replace the HDD. Its been running 24/7/365 since 98 :eek:. yes i said since 98 :D I have an IBM system 43P Model 240. 233 MHz. running AIX Version 4. The current HDD is an IBM DGHS COMP IEC -950 FRU PN#... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chevy89rocks
5 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Can't successfully clone an HDD in Ubuntu, please help

Hi guys, I am total newbie to Linux / Ubuntu but trying it to solve the problem I have. I have an OKI printer with bad HDD and trying to clone one from the same HDD from working printer. Board it goes on has a Fiery chipset and system used is Linux based / related - to the best of my knowlege. I... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unlimitedbt
12 Replies

6. Hardware

Please help, I need Sun W2100z/1100z Workstations Supplemental CD 2.5

HI, I am having issue with my SUN W2100z and search all around internet, found this posting on Unix Help Dashboad. Wonder if I am able to get a copy of the Sun W2100z/1100z Workstations Supplemental CD 2.5 from anyone here. Appreciate your help. fungplus (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fungplus
1 Replies

7. AIX

IBM AIX Internal HDD vs SAN HDD and Oracle

Hi Folks, I am facing an issue with the performance. P4 with 1 processor and 16 GB RAM and SAN HDD = Oracle report takes 25 minutes P5 with 2 processors and 16 GB RAM internall HDD with LPAR = Oracle Report takes 1 hour 15 minutes ( please note I have assigned all the max processors and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

BMW GT1 DIS - SCO 5.0 and Oracle 7 Root HDD Clone - IBM T30

Greeting All Diag tool HDD clone SCO 5 + Oracle 7 DB ( IBM T30 ) I am new to this forum and my knowledge on computers OS is average . I have just acquired a factory diag tool for BMW/RR/MINI from a retired mechanic. Its runs on a IBM T30 laptop with a Unix/Oracle DB system. Sco 5... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmw635
8 Replies
advfs_rmfset(3) 					     Library Functions Manual						   advfs_rmfset(3)

NAME
advfs_rmfset - Removes a fileset or a clone fileset SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/advfs_syscalls.h> int advfs_rmfset( char domain, char fileset ); LIBRARY
AdvFS Library (libadvfs) PARAMETERS
Specifies the name of an existing AdvFS file domain. Specifies the name of the fileset to be removed from the specified file domain. DESCRIPTION
This function removes an AdvFS fileset from the named file domain. Once you have removed a fileset using this function, the fileset and its files are not recoverable. The only way to restore the fileset and its files is by using a backed up version of the fileset. RESTRICTIONS
This function only removes AdvFS filesets; it does not remove UFS file systems. The program that calls this function must be running with root privileges. A fileset or clone fileset cannot be removed with this function if it is mounted. A fileset that has a clone fileset cannot be removed with this function until the clone fileset has been removed. RETURN VALUES
The function returns a value of 0 (zero) on successful completion. The function returns a value of -1 on failure and sets the value of errno to the specific error. ERRORS
The function sets errno to the specified errors for the following failure conditions: The calling program is not running with root privi- leges. The AdvFS lock for domain could not be acquired because one of the following operations was already running on the domain: balance, defragment, rmfset, or rmvol. This fileset is still mounted; it must be unmounted before it can be removed. This fileset has a clone fileset, which must be removed before this fileset can be removed. An I/O error occurred on one of the disks in the file domain. One or both of the names for the fileset and the domain are NULL or set to . The file domain specified by the domain parameter does not exist. The fileset specified by the fileset parameter does not exist in the file domain specified by the domain parameter. There is not enough memory available for the operation. SEE ALSO
Commands: rmfset(8) Functions: advfs_clonefset(3) advfs_rmfset(3)