Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Listing folders that have a file inside them Post 302700795 by Subbeh on Friday 14th of September 2012 08:20:22 AM
Old 09-14-2012
Try something like this:

Code:
find .|grep www|nawk -F/ '/status$/{a[$2]=1};{b[$2]=1};END{for(i in b){if(a[i]!=1){print i}}}'

You have to be in the directory where the url-directories are to run this command though
This User Gave Thanks to Subbeh For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive directory listing without listing files

Does any one know how to get a recursive directory listing in long format (showing owner, group, permission etc) without listing the files contained in the directories. The following command also shows the files but I only want to see the directories. ls -lrtR * (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psingh
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Sun UNIX Files & Folders listing

Hi guys, i'm new to UNIX and only know a small amout about it, but have just had some changes at work which now require me to interact with and work on SUN Unix systems often. I have reasonable knowledge of PC's but hope that you will be able to help me with these questions. Part1. I would like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scrat
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

listing folders and using in script

im a bit new to this and have been playing quite a bit and cant figure it out :( I have made a basic script: cd /folder/software1/bin/; echo "software1," >> /in/local/var/trace/davescripts/software.txt "\c"; ls -tm >> /in/local/var/trace/davescripts/software.txt; and this basically... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: truCido
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for folders/parent folders not files.

Hello again, A little while back I got help with creating a command to search all directories and sub directories for files from daystart of day x. I'm wondering if there is a command that I've overlooked that may be able to search for / write folder names to an output file which ideally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in listing directories inside korn shell script

Hi All, I need to loop through each item in current path, if it is a direcotry do soemthing, if its a file jsut skip it and move to next item in loop. Tried if test ! -d $i then echo "The current item $i is not a directory" continue fi This doesnt seems to be working .... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchill
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing folders and files within

is there any command that can make listing files like this /data/seismic/prestack-4/eon5/PEP/JAWA/AKASIA-BAGUS/3D/F/BL3-4/F12AKB3D_SW82-128_ID1696-1850.segy /data/seismic/prestack-4/eon5/PEP/JAWA/AKASIA-BAGUS/3D/F/BL3-4/F12AKB3D_SW82-128_ID1851-1975.segy ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muhnandap
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing all files inside folders and updating pos 88-94 with continuous numbering.

Here is expected output:- For each file with following file name pattern we need to look at position 1 inside first file matching our search criteria if first letter of the line is 5 then position 88-94 will be 0000001 then look for line immediately after 5 which starts with i.e. position 1 = 8... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancesunny
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to remove listing of current user cmd from ps -ef listing?

Hi All, Could you please help to resolve my following issues: Problem Description: Suppose my user name is "MI90". i.e. $USER = MI90 when i run below command, i get all the processes running on the system containing name MQ. ps -ef | grep MQ But sometimes it lists... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete all the files and folders inside all the directories except some specific directory?

hi, i have a requirement to delete all the files from all the directories except some specific directories like archive and log. for example: there are following directories such as A B C D Archive E Log F which contains some sub directories and files. The requirement is to delete all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uncompress several tar.gz files inside several folders

Hi, I need to uncompress sevral tar.gz files that are located insides sevral folders using a shell script. Folder tree looks like this : /folder/001 /folder/002 /folder/003 Inside each folder dossier (001,002,003) we can find 1 or several tar.gz files. I've scripted something... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellX
9 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)