Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem with sending mail from txt file having HTML code via sendmail -t Post 302700735 by jassi10781 on Friday 14th of September 2012 05:35:45 AM
Old 09-14-2012
i am new to unix...can you please elaborate...
i schudule as root..
on command line i use ora<sid>
what to do for scheduling in same user as orasid???

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mail from Unix - For html output

I have automated some checks - and I want to send a email when there is an issue. This is fine and I can send the email. However - I want to generate the email in html format so I can highlight any issues to a reader.. ie. If there is a disk space issue - then the email will highlight the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending mail with html content

hi, I am new to unix. I need send html content as a mail from my sun-solaris2.6 work station. When I tried that the recipient gets it as html code with all the tags. any solutions? thanx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmchoudary
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to attach a txt file while sending mail

Hi, I need to attach a txt file while sending mail thru Unix. Please help me out in this.. -Charan. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan81
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending HTML attachment through mail

Hi I am new to unix and scripting.I am trying to send a html file as an attachment. SUBJECT="Type of Exceptions in Application" TO=Sushovan.Samals@gmail.com SPOOLFILE=/data/reg/tlogs/Monitor.html #echo "Send the E-mail message..." uuencode $SPOOLFILE $SPOOLFILE | mailx -s "$SUBJECT" $TO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushovan
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail problems -- with sending mail

Hello, I am C. and I would like to send mail with Sendmail to my hotmail-account. But this doesn't work, the mail always returns in the file: /var/spool/mail/root. Probably there is something wrong with my SmartHost. I configured it like: define ( 'SMART_HOST','smtp.direct-adsl.be') -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caroline
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to embed a html file in a mail sending from Linux box with uuencode or mailx?

How to embed a html file as subject in a mail sending from Linux box with uuencode or mailx or any other way? we do not want the file as attachment, it should be embedded in the mail subject. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in sending inline html with an attachment using sendmail

MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary=border --border Content-Type: text/html Content-Disposition: inline <html><body><h2>This text should be displayed with html formatting</h2></body></html> --border Content-Type: text/plain Content-Disposition: attachment This text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending mail in UNIX with body and attachment(.txt) using sendmail command

Hi All, In my .ksh script, I am sending an email with body and attachment (.txt) using sendmail command. I am able to receive the attachement along with the body of the mail. But I am getting special characters along with the content in the .txt. Also the alignment is incorrect. Can you please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KRR
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in sending html mail with attachment

Hi Everyone, I am facing problems in sending html mail with attachemnt. I will able to send mail with attachment (plain text ) using mailx -s and uuencode command and also html mail without attachment using sendmail option. However I am not able to send html mail along with attachment.Either... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
2 Replies
RENICE(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 RENICE(8)

NAME
renice -- alter priority of running processes SYNOPSIS
renice priority [[-p] pid ...] [[-g] pgrp ...] [[-u] user ...] renice -n increment [[-p] pid ...] [[-g] pgrp ...] [[-u] user ...] DESCRIPTION
The renice utility alters the scheduling priority of one or more running processes. The following who parameters are interpreted as process ID's, process group ID's, user ID's or user names. The renice'ing of a process group causes all processes in the process group to have their scheduling priority altered. The renice'ing of a user causes all processes owned by the user to have their scheduling priority altered. By default, the processes to be affected are specified by their process ID's. The following options are available: -g Force who parameters to be interpreted as process group ID's. -n Instead of changing the specified processes to the given priority, interpret the following argument as an increment to be applied to the current priority of each process. -u Force the who parameters to be interpreted as user names or user ID's. -p Reset the who interpretation to be (the default) process ID's. For example, renice +1 987 -u daemon root -p 32 would change the priority of process ID's 987 and 32, and all processes owned by users daemon and root. Users other than the super-user may only alter the priority of processes they own, and can only monotonically increase their ``nice value'' within the range 0 to PRIO_MAX (20). (This prevents overriding administrative fiats.) The super-user may alter the priority of any process and set the priority to any value in the range PRIO_MIN (-20) to PRIO_MAX. Useful priorities are: 20 (the affected processes will run at the lowest priority), 0 (the ``base'' scheduling priority), anything negative (lower values cause more favorable scheduling). FILES
/etc/passwd to map user names to user ID's SEE ALSO
nice(1), getpriority(2), setpriority(2) STANDARDS
The renice utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
The renice utility appeared in 4.0BSD. BUGS
Non super-users cannot increase scheduling priorities of their own processes, even if they were the ones that decreased the priorities in the first place. BSD
June 9, 1993 BSD