Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FILE_ID extraction from file name and save it in CSV file after looping through each folders Post 302700693 by princetd001 on Friday 14th of September 2012 02:44:14 AM
Old 09-14-2012
script
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env ksh
OUTFILE=test.txt
find 20[0-1][0-9] -type f | while read path
 do
   name=${path##*/}
   name=${name%.trns*}   
   id=${name%_*}
   id=${id##*_}
   id=${id##*000}
   echo "id: $id"
   echo "file name: $name"
  done  > ${OUTFILE}
exit

MY SCRIPT RESULT
Code:
id: 20532
file name: sasmm_fsbc_durds_id00020532_t20120112192606.dat
id: 20533
file name: sasmm_fsbc_durds_id00020533_t20120212192606.dat
id: 20534
file name: sasmm_fsbc_durds_id00020534_t20120312192606.dat

Last edited by Corona688; 09-14-2012 at 01:00 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to start looping from the second line in .csv file

I have a .csv file and i use the below while loop to navigate through it But i need to loop from the second line since the first line is the header How will i do it?? please help while IFS=, read Filename Path size readonly do echo "Filename -> ${Filename}" echo "Path -> ${Path}" echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman007
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data fetched from text file and save in a csv file

Hi i have wriiten a script which fetches the data from text file, and saves in the output in a text file itself, but i want that the output should save in different columns. I have the output like: For Channel:response_time__24.txt 1547 data points 0.339 0.299 0.448 0.581 7.380 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohitkalia
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

select data from oracle table and save the output as csv file

Hi I need to execute a select statement in a solaris environment with oracle database. The select statement returns number of rows of data. I need the data to be inserted into a CSV file with proper format. For that we normally use "You have to select all your columns as one big string,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CSV file:Find duplicates, save original and duplicate records in a new file

Hi Unix gurus, Maybe it is too much to ask for but please take a moment and help me out. A very humble request to you gurus. I'm new to Unix and I have started learning Unix. I have this project which is way to advanced for me. File format: CSV file File has four columns with no header... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindosu
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to save the space when converting to CSV file

Hi, I have a text file with the following format. Some of the fields are blank. 1234 3456 23 45464 327837283232 343434 5654353 34 34343 3434345 434242 .... .... .... I need to convert this file to a CSV file, like 1234, ,23, ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wintersnow2011
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV file data extraction

Hi I am writing a shell script to parse a CSV file , in which i am facing a problem to separate the columns . Could some one help me with it. IN301330/00001 pvavan kumar limited xyz@ttccpp.com IN302148/00002 PRECIOUS SECURITIES (P) LTD viash@yahoo.co.in IN300239/00000 CENTRE india... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanduri
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself

Hi, all I want to sort a csv file based on timestamp from oldest to newest and save the output as csv file itself. Here is an example of my csv file. test.csv SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0739.JPG,2015:02:17 11:32:21 /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0749.JPG,2015:02:17 11:37:28... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself, part 2

Hi, I have another problem. I want to sort another csv file by the first field. result.csv SourceFile,Airspeed,GPSLatitude,GPSLongitude,Temperature,Pressure,Altitude,Roll,Pitch,Yaw /home/intannf/foto5/2015_0313_090651_219.JPG,0.,-7.77223,110.37310,30.75,996.46,148.75,180.94,182.00,63.92 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Data extraction and converting into .csv file.

Hi All, I have a data file and need to extract and convert it into csv format: 1) Read and extract the line containing string ending with "----" (file sample_linebyline.txt file) and to make a .csv file from this. 2) To read the flat file flatfile_sample.txt which consists of similar data (... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
9 Replies
SHAR(1net)							  Wang Institute							SHAR(1net)

NAME
shar - create file storage archive for extraction by /bin/sh SYNOPSIS
shar [-abcmsuv] [-p prefix] [-d delim] files > archive DESCRIPTION
shar prints its input files with special command lines around them to be used by the shell, /bin/sh , to extract the files later. The out- put can be filtered through the shell to recreate copies of the original files. shar allows directories to be named, and shar prints the necessary commands (mkdir & cd) to create new directories and fill them. shar will not allow existing files to be over-written; such files must be removed by the user extracting the files. OPTIONS
-a All the options. The options: -v -c -b -p <tab>X are implied. -b Extract files into basenames so that files with absolute path names are put into the current directory. This option has strange effects when directories are archived. -c Check file size on extraction by counting characters. An error message is reported to the person doing the extraction if the sizes don't match. One reason why the sizes may not match is that shar will append a newline to complete incomplete last lines; shar prints a message that mentions added newlines. Another reason why the sizes may not match is that some network mail programs remove non-whitespace control characters. shar prints a message that mentions control characters to the extractor. -d Use this as the ``end of file'' delimiter instead of the default. The only reason to change it is if you suspect a file contains the default delimiter: SHAR_EOF. -m Reset the exact protection modes of files when they are extracted (using the chmod program). By default, the extractor's default file modes are used, and executable files (e.g., shell scripts) are made executable. -p Use this as the prefix to each line of the archived files. This is to make sure that special characters at the start of lines are not eaten up by programs like mailers. If this option is used, the files will be extracted with the stream editor sed rather than cat so it is more efficient and portable to avoid setting the prefix, though perhaps less safe if you don't know what is in the files. -s Silent running. All checking and extra output is inhibited. -u Archive the input files with the uuencode format for later extraction with uudecode. This will allow you to send files with control characters in them, but will slow down the extracting. You must be sure that the receiving party has access to uudecode. -v Print verbose feedback messages about what shar is doing to be printed during extraction. Sizes of plain files are echoed to allow a simple validity check. SEE ALSO
sh(1), tar(1), cpio(1), tp(1), uuencode(1), uudecode(1) fpack(1) is a plain-file packer useful for UNIX and MSDOS AUTHOR
Gary Perlman (based on a shell version by James Gosling, with additions motivated by many people on the UNIX network: Derek Zahn, Michael Thompson, H. Morrow Long, Fred Avolio, Gran Uddeborg, Chuck Wegrzyn, nucleus!randy@TORONTO, & Bill McKeeman) LIMITATIONS
shar does not know anything about links between files. UNIX User's Manual March 4, 1986 SHAR(1net)