Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Integrating website member’s profiles? Post 302700675 by AimyThomas on Friday 14th of September 2012 01:09:42 AM
Old 09-14-2012
Integrating website member’s profiles?

Hi! I have an accessible website with many register members. I am wondering if you could help me in taking the first step to integrate associate profiles/message to my new and advance database
Is this something that should be coded from scratch? Or is there existing software that I can integrate into my website to make this happen?
I just want something simple like
Member public profile with some personal information
Messaging and add as friend

Thanks in Advance

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Terminal Services profiles

Hi guys i'm new in windows 2000 server so please bear with me. My quiestion is how can you remove all the icons and even the start menu using terminal services. I have a windows xp machine that is part of a domain i installed terminal services. I can login no problem but i want to be able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
2 Replies

2. Linux

root profiles

DOES ROOT USER HAS A PROFILE? JUST LIKE .PROFILE FOR EVERY USER? i UNDERSTAND AS A SECURITY REASON THAT IS GENERALLY NOT AVAILABLE? DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW IT IS A SECURITY THREAT? IF WE DONT HAVE A .PROFILE FILE, THEN WHENVER WE EXPORT A VARIABLE OR DO SIMILAR STUFF, IN WHICH FILE IS THAT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakri.penguin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Profiles for users without home directory

Hi I want to know which profile will be called when a user without home directory is created. When I created a user without home directory(by setting in /etc/default/useradd), the user is able to login directly into the main "/" folder but with only read permissions. Thanks naina (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naina
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding Profiles.

Hello, Actually I donno anything regarding profiles in Linux. Can anyone tell me what are Profiles in Linux and if possible copy links regarding so. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.g
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Combine firefox history from 2 different profiles

How do you combine firefox history from 2 different profiles? I discovered that firefox stores your history in places.sqlite but I don't understand how to use that file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

6. AIX

Help with multiple profiles for lpar

Hi I have a doubt. Imagine an aix lpar named "sitsapfs" having 2 different profiles. If in case if it goes down suddenly how we will come to know under which profile it has been running before going down ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
3 Replies
profiles(1)                                                                                                                            profiles(1)

NAME
profiles - print execution profiles for a user SYNOPSIS
profiles [-l] [ user ...] The profiles command prints on standard output the names of the execution profiles that have been assigned to you or to the optionally- specified user or role name. Profiles are a bundling mechanism used to enumerate the commands and authorizations needed to perform a spe- cific function. Along with each listed executable are the process attributes, such as the effective user and group IDs, with which the process runs when started by a privileged command interpreter. The profile shells are pfcsh, pfksh, and pfexec. See the pfexec(1) man page. Profiles can contain other profiles defined in prof_attr(4). Multiple profiles can be combined to construct the appropriate access control. When profiles are assigned, the authorizations are added to the existing set. If the same command appears in multiple profiles, the first occurrence, as determined by the ordering of the profiles, is used for process-attribute settings. For convenience, a wild card can be specified to match all commands. When profiles are interpreted, the profile list is loaded from user_attr(4). If any default profile is defined in /etc/security/policy.conf (see policy.conf(4)), the list of default profiles are added to the list loaded from user_attr(4). Matching entries in prof_attr(4) provide the authorizations list, and matching entries in exec_attr(4) provide the commands list. The following options are supported: -l Lists the commands in each profile followed by the special process attributes such as user and group IDs. Example 1: Sample Output The output of the profiles command has the following form: example% profiles tester01 tester02 tester01 : Audit Management, All Commands tester02 : Device Management, All Commands example% Example 2: Using the list Option example% profiles -l tester01 tester02 tester01 : Audit Management: /usr/sbin/audit euid=root /usr/sbin/auditconfig euid=root egid=sys All Commands: * tester02 : Device Management: /usr/bin/allocate: euid=root /usr/bin/deallocate: euid=root All Commands * example% The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. /etc/security/exec_attr /etc/security/prof_attr /etc/user_attr /etc/security/policy.conf See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ auths(1), pfexec(1), roles(1), getprofattr(3SECDB), exec_attr(4), policy.conf(4), prof_attr(4), user_attr(4), attributes(5) 11 Feb 2000 profiles(1)