Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FILE_ID extraction from file name and save it in CSV file after looping through each folders Post 302700671 by Don Cragun on Friday 14th of September 2012 12:09:03 AM
Old 09-14-2012
The following seems to do what you requested. You say that you want to create a CSV file, but by definition a CSV file has fields that are separated by commas. You don't show any commas in any of your sample output. This script uses a tab to separate output fields to get the headers to line up with the following data. Although it is written using ksh, it should also work with at least bash and sh:
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
printf "file_id\tfile_name\n"
find 2[0-9][0-9][0-9] -name 'sasmm_fsbc_durds_id000[0-9]*_t?*' | while read path
do
        file=$(basename "$path" .trnsfr.gz)
        id=${file#sasmm_fsbc_durds_id000}
        id=${id%%_t*}
        printf "%s\t%s\n" "$id" "$file"
done

Note that this will ignore any files found in and under the year directories that don't match your filename specifications.

To run it, save the above code in a file (e.g., extract) in the same directory where the year directories reside, make it executable by issuing the command:
Code:
chmod +x extract

and then issue the command:
Code:
./extract > output_file

If you leave off > output_file, the output will be written to your terminal. If you want to save the output in a file with a name other than output_file, replace it with any name you want.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to start looping from the second line in .csv file

I have a .csv file and i use the below while loop to navigate through it But i need to loop from the second line since the first line is the header How will i do it?? please help while IFS=, read Filename Path size readonly do echo "Filename -> ${Filename}" echo "Path -> ${Path}" echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman007
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data fetched from text file and save in a csv file

Hi i have wriiten a script which fetches the data from text file, and saves in the output in a text file itself, but i want that the output should save in different columns. I have the output like: For Channel:response_time__24.txt 1547 data points 0.339 0.299 0.448 0.581 7.380 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohitkalia
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

select data from oracle table and save the output as csv file

Hi I need to execute a select statement in a solaris environment with oracle database. The select statement returns number of rows of data. I need the data to be inserted into a CSV file with proper format. For that we normally use "You have to select all your columns as one big string,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CSV file:Find duplicates, save original and duplicate records in a new file

Hi Unix gurus, Maybe it is too much to ask for but please take a moment and help me out. A very humble request to you gurus. I'm new to Unix and I have started learning Unix. I have this project which is way to advanced for me. File format: CSV file File has four columns with no header... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindosu
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to save the space when converting to CSV file

Hi, I have a text file with the following format. Some of the fields are blank. 1234 3456 23 45464 327837283232 343434 5654353 34 34343 3434345 434242 .... .... .... I need to convert this file to a CSV file, like 1234, ,23, ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wintersnow2011
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV file data extraction

Hi I am writing a shell script to parse a CSV file , in which i am facing a problem to separate the columns . Could some one help me with it. IN301330/00001 pvavan kumar limited xyz@ttccpp.com IN302148/00002 PRECIOUS SECURITIES (P) LTD viash@yahoo.co.in IN300239/00000 CENTRE india... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanduri
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself

Hi, all I want to sort a csv file based on timestamp from oldest to newest and save the output as csv file itself. Here is an example of my csv file. test.csv SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0739.JPG,2015:02:17 11:32:21 /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0749.JPG,2015:02:17 11:37:28... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself, part 2

Hi, I have another problem. I want to sort another csv file by the first field. result.csv SourceFile,Airspeed,GPSLatitude,GPSLongitude,Temperature,Pressure,Altitude,Roll,Pitch,Yaw /home/intannf/foto5/2015_0313_090651_219.JPG,0.,-7.77223,110.37310,30.75,996.46,148.75,180.94,182.00,63.92 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Data extraction and converting into .csv file.

Hi All, I have a data file and need to extract and convert it into csv format: 1) Read and extract the line containing string ending with "----" (file sample_linebyline.txt file) and to make a .csv file from this. 2) To read the flat file flatfile_sample.txt which consists of similar data (... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
9 Replies
pods::SDL::GFX::ImageFilter(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  pods::SDL::GFX::ImageFilter(3pm)

NAME
SDL::GFX::ImageFilter - image filtering functions CATEGORY
TODO, GFX METHODS
MMX_detect int gfx_image_MMX_detect() CODE: SDL_imageFilterMMXdetect(); MMX_off void gfx_image_MMX_off() CODE: SDL_imageFilterMMXoff(); MMX_on void gfx_image_MMX_on() CODE: SDL_imageFilterMMXon(); add int gfx_image_add(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterAdd(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL mean int gfx_image_mean(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterMean(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL sub int gfx_image_sub(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterSub(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL abs_diff int gfx_image_abs_diff(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterAbsDiff(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL mult int gfx_image_mult(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterMult(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL mult_nor int gfx_image_mult_nor(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterMultNor(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL mult_div_by_2 int gfx_image_mult_div_by_2(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterMultDivby2(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL mult_div_by_4 int gfx_image_mult_div_by_4(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterMultDivby4(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL bit_and int gfx_image_bit_and(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterBitAnd(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL bit_or int gfx_image_bit_or(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterBitOr(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL div int gfx_image_div(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterDiv(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL bit_negation int gfx_image_bit_negation(Src1, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterBitNegation(Src1, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL add_byte int gfx_image_add_byte(Src1, Dest, length, C) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char C CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterAddByte(Src1, Dest, length, C); OUTPUT: RETVAL add_uint int gfx_image_add_uint(Src1, Dest, length, C) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned int C CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterAddUint(Src1, Dest, length, C); OUTPUT: RETVAL add_byte_to_half int gfx_image_add_byte_to_half(Src1, Dest, length, C) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char C CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterAddByteToHalf(Src1, Dest, length, C); OUTPUT: RETVAL sub_byte int gfx_image_sub_byte(Src1, Dest, length, C) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char C CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterSubByte(Src1, Dest, length, C); OUTPUT: RETVAL sub_uint int gfx_image_sub_uint(Src1, Dest, length, C) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned int C CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterSubUint(Src1, Dest, length, C); OUTPUT: RETVAL shift_right int gfx_image_shift_right(Src1, Dest, length, N) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char N CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterShiftRight(Src1, Dest, length, N); OUTPUT: RETVAL shift_right_uint int gfx_image_shift_right_uint(Src1, Dest, length, N) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char N CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterShiftRightUint(Src1, Dest, length, N); OUTPUT: RETVAL mult_by_byte int gfx_image_mult_by_byte(Src1, Dest, length, C) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char C CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterMultByByte(Src1, Dest, length, C); OUTPUT: RETVAL shift_right_and_mult_by_byte int gfx_image_shift_right_and_mult_by_byte(Src1, Dest, length, N, C) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char N unsigned char C CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterShiftRightAndMultByByte(Src1, Dest, length, N, C); OUTPUT: RETVAL shift_left_byte int gfx_image_shift_left_byte(Src1, Dest, length, N) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char N CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterShiftLeftByte(Src1, Dest, length, N); OUTPUT: RETVAL shift_left_uint int gfx_image_shift_left_uint(Src1, Dest, length, N) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char N CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterShiftLeftUint(Src1, Dest, length, N); OUTPUT: RETVAL shift_left int gfx_image_shift_left(Src1, Dest, length, N) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char N CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterShiftLeft(Src1, Dest, length, N); OUTPUT: RETVAL binarize_using_threshold int gfx_image_binarize_using_threshold(Src1, Dest, length, T) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char T CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterBinarizeUsingThreshold(Src1, Dest, length, T); OUTPUT: RETVAL clip_to_range int gfx_image_clip_to_range(Src1, Dest, length, Tmin, Tmax) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char Tmin unsigned char Tmax CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterClipToRange(Src1, Dest, length, Tmin, Tmax); OUTPUT: RETVAL normalize_linear int gfx_image_normalize_linear(Src1, Dest, length, Cmin, Cmax, Nmin, Nmax) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length int Cmin int Cmax int Nmin int Nmax CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterNormalizeLinear(Src1, Dest, length, Cmin, Cmax, Nmin, Nmax); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_3x3_divide int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_3x3_divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char Divisor CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel3x3Divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_5x5_divide int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_5x5_divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char Divisor CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel5x5Divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_7x7_divide int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_7x7_divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char Divisor CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel7x7Divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_9x9_divide int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_9x9_divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char Divisor CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel9x9Divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_3x3_shift_right int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_3x3_shift_right(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char NRightShift CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel3x3ShiftRight(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_5x5_shift_right int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_5x5_shift_right(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char NRightShift CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel5x5ShiftRight(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_7x7_shift_right int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_7x7_shift_right(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char NRightShift CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel7x7ShiftRight(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_9x9_shift_right int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_9x9_shift_right(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char NRightShift CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel9x9ShiftRight(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift); OUTPUT: RETVAL sobel_x int gfx_image_sobel_x(Src, Dest, rows, columns) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterSobelX(Src, Dest, rows, columns); OUTPUT: RETVAL sobel_x_shift_right int gfx_image_sobel_x_shift_right(Src, Dest, rows, columns, NRightShift) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns unsigned char NRightShift CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterSobelXShiftRight(Src, Dest, rows, columns, NRightShift); OUTPUT: RETVAL align_stack void gfx_image_align_stack() CODE: SDL_imageFilterAlignStack(); restore_stack void gfx_image_restore_stack() CODE: SDL_imageFilterRestoreStack(); AUTHORS
See "AUTHORS" in SDL. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 pods::SDL::GFX::ImageFilter(3pm)