Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MySQL Databases
Top Forums Programming MySQL Databases Post 302700657 by Neo on Thursday 13th of September 2012 11:03:45 PM
Old 09-14-2012
I normally use mysqldump

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and databases

I had a person ask me if a Sql database can be run with Unix? I don't know can this be done? They only have Sql dba's and no oracle dba but want to use a Unix box???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tyranunn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking which databases are installed

I want to check which databases are installed on my FreeBSD installation. This is what I did: pkg_info | grep mysql How do I check all in one go whether also sqlite, postgresql, firebird is installed? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

3. Web Development

Deleting databases in MYSQL problem asking...

Hi, I'm the new user of mysql. I facing one problem to delete one of the database in mysql. Hope can get all of your suggestion and advice. Input: mysql> show databases; +-------------------------+ | Database | +-------------------------+ | information_schema | |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two databases

Hello, I have two databases one is student_Name and another is student_Name1...Two tabled contain 200 records each..I found that near 30 names are entered in both databases..I would like to remove the duplicates..and i have to keep the name which is newly added..Please hepl how to remove... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjali_vee
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Diff command with databases

How can we compare query results from different databases using Unix diff command from command-line in Ab Initio tool? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eshalife
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in backing up of databases.

Hi Everyone, I am new to DBA stuff. I wonder if anyone can help me. Task is that, I have 10 databases and need to take backups of all the databases using data pump in Unix/Linux, compress them using gzip and use cron to schedule the job twice a day. Appreciate if anyone can help me in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreepriya0987
1 Replies
MYSQL_ERRNO(3)								 1							    MYSQL_ERRNO(3)

mysql_errno - Returns the numerical value of the error message from previous MySQL operation

SYNOPSIS
Warning This extension is deprecated as of PHP 5.5.0, and will be removed in the future. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: omysqli_errno(3) o PDO::errorCode int mysql_errno ([resource $link_identifier = NULL]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the error number from the last MySQL function. Errors coming back from the MySQL database backend no longer issue warnings. Instead, use mysql_errno(3) to retrieve the error code. Note that this function only returns the error code from the most recently executed MySQL function (not including mysql_error(3) and mysql_errno(3)), so if you want to use it, make sure you check the value before calling another MySQL function. o $ link_identifier -The MySQL connection. If the link identifier is not specified, the last link opened by mysql_connect(3) is assumed. If no such link is found, it will try to create one as if mysql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. If no connection is found or established, an E_WARNING level error is generated. Returns the error number from the last MySQL function, or 0 (zero) if no error occurred. Example #1 mysql_errno(3) example <?php $link = mysql_connect("localhost", "mysql_user", "mysql_password"); if (!mysql_select_db("nonexistentdb", $link)) { echo mysql_errno($link) . ": " . mysql_error($link). " "; } mysql_select_db("kossu", $link); if (!mysql_query("SELECT * FROM nonexistenttable", $link)) { echo mysql_errno($link) . ": " . mysql_error($link) . " "; } ?> The above example will output something similar to: 1049: Unknown database 'nonexistentdb' 1146: Table 'kossu.nonexistenttable' doesn't exist mysql_error(3), MySQL error codes. PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_ERRNO(3)