Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FILE_ID extraction from file name and save it in CSV file after looping through each folders Post 302700651 by princetd001 on Thursday 13th of September 2012 11:39:45 PM
Old 09-14-2012
Code:
sasmm_fsbc_durds_id00020532_t20100313192606.dat.trnsfr.gz sasmm_fsbc_durds_id00020513_t20120913003312.dat.trnsfr.gz
and then you say you want the entire filename to be the second field in your output file and say that that field should be:

Code:
sasmm_fsbc_durds_id00020532_t20100313192606.dat sasmm_fsbc_durds_id00020513_t20120913003312.dat
What happened to the .trnsfr.gz at the end of the filenames?

yeah in each folder , the file name ends with
.dat.trnsfr.gz
but when we enter into CSV file UNDER file_name column , it should omit
.trnsfr.gz
for file_id

it is number, it should be extracted from file name itself

in your code , you have not specified output file as CSV,
are you looping through all files inside all folders in a year?
which code is used for extracting id from file id?

how you specify the coulmn names in out put file?

do you know write same logic in simple Shell, Shell Scripts?

---------- Post updated at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:59 PM ----------

if i use this loop, will it loop through all folders?

FILES=`ls -1`
for FILE in $FILES
do

---------- Post updated at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:18 PM ----------

I ran your script, it says error message

[/work/users/po/prince]$ ./testSBI.sh
./testSBI.sh[8]: id=${id:2}: bad substitution

your code

Quote:
#!/usr/bin/env ksh
find 20[0-1][0-9] -type f | while read path
do
name=${path##*/}
name=${name%.trns*}
id=${name%_*}
id=${id##*_}
id=${id:2}
echo ${id/~(+E)^[0]+/} $name
done >output-file

---------- Post updated at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:27 PM ----------

i removed line of code which causes the error
i executed your script without that, it again throw an error

./testSBI.sh[10]: ${id/~(+E)^[0]+/}: bad substitution

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to start looping from the second line in .csv file

I have a .csv file and i use the below while loop to navigate through it But i need to loop from the second line since the first line is the header How will i do it?? please help while IFS=, read Filename Path size readonly do echo "Filename -> ${Filename}" echo "Path -> ${Path}" echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman007
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data fetched from text file and save in a csv file

Hi i have wriiten a script which fetches the data from text file, and saves in the output in a text file itself, but i want that the output should save in different columns. I have the output like: For Channel:response_time__24.txt 1547 data points 0.339 0.299 0.448 0.581 7.380 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohitkalia
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

select data from oracle table and save the output as csv file

Hi I need to execute a select statement in a solaris environment with oracle database. The select statement returns number of rows of data. I need the data to be inserted into a CSV file with proper format. For that we normally use "You have to select all your columns as one big string,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CSV file:Find duplicates, save original and duplicate records in a new file

Hi Unix gurus, Maybe it is too much to ask for but please take a moment and help me out. A very humble request to you gurus. I'm new to Unix and I have started learning Unix. I have this project which is way to advanced for me. File format: CSV file File has four columns with no header... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindosu
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to save the space when converting to CSV file

Hi, I have a text file with the following format. Some of the fields are blank. 1234 3456 23 45464 327837283232 343434 5654353 34 34343 3434345 434242 .... .... .... I need to convert this file to a CSV file, like 1234, ,23, ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wintersnow2011
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV file data extraction

Hi I am writing a shell script to parse a CSV file , in which i am facing a problem to separate the columns . Could some one help me with it. IN301330/00001 pvavan kumar limited xyz@ttccpp.com IN302148/00002 PRECIOUS SECURITIES (P) LTD viash@yahoo.co.in IN300239/00000 CENTRE india... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanduri
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself

Hi, all I want to sort a csv file based on timestamp from oldest to newest and save the output as csv file itself. Here is an example of my csv file. test.csv SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0739.JPG,2015:02:17 11:32:21 /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0749.JPG,2015:02:17 11:37:28... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself, part 2

Hi, I have another problem. I want to sort another csv file by the first field. result.csv SourceFile,Airspeed,GPSLatitude,GPSLongitude,Temperature,Pressure,Altitude,Roll,Pitch,Yaw /home/intannf/foto5/2015_0313_090651_219.JPG,0.,-7.77223,110.37310,30.75,996.46,148.75,180.94,182.00,63.92 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Data extraction and converting into .csv file.

Hi All, I have a data file and need to extract and convert it into csv format: 1) Read and extract the line containing string ending with "----" (file sample_linebyline.txt file) and to make a .csv file from this. 2) To read the flat file flatfile_sample.txt which consists of similar data (... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
9 Replies
TRUNCATE(1)                                                        User Commands                                                       TRUNCATE(1)

NAME
truncate - shrink or extend the size of a file to the specified size SYNOPSIS
truncate OPTION... FILE... DESCRIPTION
Shrink or extend the size of each FILE to the specified size A FILE argument that does not exist is created. If a FILE is larger than the specified size, the extra data is lost. If a FILE is shorter, it is extended and the extended part (hole) reads as zero bytes. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --no-create do not create any files -o, --io-blocks treat SIZE as number of IO blocks instead of bytes -r, --reference=RFILE base size on RFILE -s, --size=SIZE set or adjust the file size by SIZE bytes --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit The SIZE argument is an integer and optional unit (example: 10K is 10*1024). Units are K,M,G,T,P,E,Z,Y (powers of 1024) or KB,MB,... (pow- ers of 1000). SIZE may also be prefixed by one of the following modifying characters: '+' extend by, '-' reduce by, '<' at most, '>' at least, '/' round down to multiple of, '%' round up to multiple of. AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report truncate translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
dd(1), truncate(2), ftruncate(2) Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/truncate> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) truncate invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 TRUNCATE(1)