Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MySQL Databases
Top Forums Programming MySQL Databases Post 302700647 by AimyThomas on Thursday 13th of September 2012 10:40:19 PM
Old 09-13-2012
MySQL Databases

Hello all again,

How do you guys backup your MySQL databases?

I have a few programs that have an default back up that make an .sql file which is great but I also use OpenX which runs on PHP and has a database. That does not have an auto-back-up feature so do I just download the database and that's it?

Any recommend for the tool?

Thanks

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and databases

I had a person ask me if a Sql database can be run with Unix? I don't know can this be done? They only have Sql dba's and no oracle dba but want to use a Unix box???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tyranunn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking which databases are installed

I want to check which databases are installed on my FreeBSD installation. This is what I did: pkg_info | grep mysql How do I check all in one go whether also sqlite, postgresql, firebird is installed? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

3. Web Development

Deleting databases in MYSQL problem asking...

Hi, I'm the new user of mysql. I facing one problem to delete one of the database in mysql. Hope can get all of your suggestion and advice. Input: mysql> show databases; +-------------------------+ | Database | +-------------------------+ | information_schema | |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two databases

Hello, I have two databases one is student_Name and another is student_Name1...Two tabled contain 200 records each..I found that near 30 names are entered in both databases..I would like to remove the duplicates..and i have to keep the name which is newly added..Please hepl how to remove... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjali_vee
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Diff command with databases

How can we compare query results from different databases using Unix diff command from command-line in Ab Initio tool? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eshalife
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in backing up of databases.

Hi Everyone, I am new to DBA stuff. I wonder if anyone can help me. Task is that, I have 10 databases and need to take backups of all the databases using data pump in Unix/Linux, compress them using gzip and use cron to schedule the job twice a day. Appreciate if anyone can help me in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreepriya0987
1 Replies
MYSQL_CREATE_DB(3)							 1							MYSQL_CREATE_DB(3)

mysql_create_db - Create a MySQL database

SYNOPSIS
Warning This function was deprecated in PHP 4.3.0, and will be removed in the future, along with the entirety of the original MySQL exten- sion. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: omysqli_query(3) o PDO::query bool mysql_create_db (string $database_name, [resource $link_identifier = NULL]) DESCRIPTION
mysql_create_db(3) attempts to create a new database on the server associated with the specified link identifier. o $database_name - The name of the database being created. o $ link_identifier -The MySQL connection. If the link identifier is not specified, the last link opened by mysql_connect(3) is assumed. If no such link is found, it will try to create one as if mysql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. If no connection is found or established, an E_WARNING level error is generated. Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. Example #1 mysql_create_db(3) alternative example The function mysql_create_db(3) is deprecated. It is preferable to use mysql_query(3) to issue an sql CREATE DATABASE statement instead. <?php $link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password'); if (!$link) { die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error()); } $sql = 'CREATE DATABASE my_db'; if (mysql_query($sql, $link)) { echo "Database my_db created successfully "; } else { echo 'Error creating database: ' . mysql_error() . " "; } ?> The above example will output something similar to: Database my_db created successfully Note For backward compatibility, the following deprecated alias may be used: mysql_createdb(3) Note This function will not be available if the MySQL extension was built against a MySQL 4.x client library. mysql_query(3), mysql_select_db(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_CREATE_DB(3)