Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Back up implementation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Back up implementation Post 302700589 by Corona688 on Thursday 13th of September 2012 05:13:04 PM
Old 09-13-2012
I'm saying it takes snapshots of what your folders looked like at certain times. So if you deleted all your files 5 minutes ago, and there's a snapshot from 10 minutes ago, you can look in that snapshot to find all your files.

For details I suggest reading the page I linked.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

back to back printing in UNIX

Hi , Can you suggest me how to back to back printing in UNIX? Is there any way? Kindly advise. Regards Vijaya Amirtha Raj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Back-to-Back Connection using HBAs

Hi every body, Is it possible to connect two servers Back-to-Back (Point-to-Point) using HBA adapters & using Fiber. Note it is direct connection & there is no switches between the servers. I'm concern about using HBA adapters, it is possible or not. Thanks in advance. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on AWK implementation

Hi, I am accepting a string from user. compare this output with the awk output as below... echo "\n\n\tDay : \c" read day awk '{ if($day == $2) { if ($mon == $1) { print "Yes" }}}' syslog.txt I am getting the follwoing error awk: Field $() is not correct. The input line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
5 Replies

4. Programming

Malloc implementation in C

Hey Guys I am trying to implement the malloc function for my OS class and I am having a little trouble with it. I would be really grateful if I could get some hints on this problem. So I am using a doubly-linked list as my data structure and I have to allocate memory for it (duh...). The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gambit_b
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Malloc Implementation in C

Hey Guys Some of my friends have got together and we are trying to write a basic kernel similar to Linux. I am trying to implement the malloc function in C and I am using a doubly linked list as the primary data structure. I need to allocate memory for this link list (duh...) and I don't feel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbansal2
2 Replies

6. Programming

Implementation of dup2

Hi all,I'm reading <Advanced programming in the UNIX environment>,that book asked the reader to implement a function which has same functions with dup2 without calling fcntl.Could anyone give me a tip?Any help will be appreciated.:) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
8 Replies

7. Linux

CAPWAP implementation

Hi I'm trying to implement CAPWAP protocol for my application.i'm able to configure my server side but i'm getting error at client(WTP) side as IOCTL error.while running the command #./WTP /mnt/cf/capwap/ : wlan2 Starting WTP... # WTP Loads... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ran789
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lseek implementation

Hi everybody, i've been googling for ages now and gotten kinda desperate... The question, however, might be rather trivial for the experts: What is it exactly, i.e. physically, the POSIX function (for a file) "lseek" does? Does it trigger some kind of synchronization on disk? Is it just for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Humudituu
4 Replies

9. Programming

C: CSV implementation

I have this code from a programming book: #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> char buf; /* input line buffer */ char* field; /* fields */ char* unquote( char* ); /* csvgetline: read and parse line, return field count */ /* sample input:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: totoro125
3 Replies
RATMENU(1)						      General Commands Manual							RATMENU(1)

NAME
ratmenu - create a menu to run commands SYNOPSIS
ratmenu [ -display displayname ] [ -font fname ] [ -fg foreground-color ] [ -bg background-color ] [ -io item-offset ] [ -label name ] [ -shell prog ] [ -align {left|center|right} ] [ -style {snazzy|dreary} ] [ -persist ] [ -version ] [ menuitem command ] ... DESCRIPTION
ratmenu is a simple program that accepts a list of menu item and command pairs on the command line. It creates a window that consists of nothing but a menu. When a particular item is selected, the corresponding command is executed. ratmenu does not recognize any usage of the rodent. It is entirely keystroke operated. Menu items must be followed by a command. The syntax is based on that of the dialog program. ratmenu accepts the following command line options. -display displayname Use the X display displayname, instead of the default display. -font fname (X Resource: font) Use the font fname, instead of the default font. -label name Change both the window and icon labels of the window to name. The default label is the last component of the path used to run ratmenu, typically, ratmenu. -fg foreground-color (X Resource: fgcolor) Set the foreground color to foreground-color. By default, the foreground color is black. -bg background-color (X Resource: bgcolor) Set the background color to background-color. By default, the background color is white. -io item-offset Set the first selected item to item-offset. By default, the first item is the top-most one, or item-offset 1. The next item down would be at item-offset 2. -style {snazzy|dreary} (X Resource: style) The default style is snazzy, where the highlight bar, which shows the currently selected item, remains stationary while all the menu items are rotated up or down when the cursor keys are moved. In dreary mode, the highlight bar moves up and down the menu as it does on all conventional keyboard controlled menus. -align {left|center|right} (X Resource: align) Align the text of the menu entries to the left, right, or center. Defaults to left. This is different from 9menu, which defaults to center. -shell prog Use prog as the shell to run commands, instead of /bin/sh. A popular alternative shell is rc(1). If the shell cannot be executed, ratmenu will silently fall back to using /bin/sh. -back prevmenu prevmenu is a command or shell script to run when the back key is pressed, usually a script that has ratmenu showing the pre- vious menu. Used to create nested menus, it gives the user a way to back out and return to the previous menu. Note that you can use this option for other things too. The command specified by the -back option is executed when the user hits one of the "back" keys. -persist (X Resource: persist) Ordinarily, ratmenu exits if a new window pops up on top of it, or if you switch to another window. This option tells ratmenu to hang around, like a regular window. -version This option prints the version of ratmenu on the standard output, and then exits with an exit value of zero. KEYSTROKES
The Up keystrokes move the selection to the next item up. The Down keystrokes move the selection to the next item down. When the selec- tion reaches the top or bottom, it scrolls around to the other side on pressing of the appropriate keystroke. The Select keystrokes execute the command corresponding to the currently selected menu item, and exit ratmenu. The Exit keystrokes quit ratmenu without doing anything. Up 'k', Up_arrow, BackSpace, '-', C-p Down 'j', Down_arrow, Space, Tab, '+', C-n, C-i Select 'l', Right_arrow, Return, C-f, C-m, C-j Back 'h', Left_arrow, C-b Exit 'q', Escape, C-g CONFIGURATION USING X RESOURCES
You can configure some items using xrdb to load appropriate X resources. There is an example configuration in the file /usr/share/doc/rat- menu/Xresources.ratmenu which shows all possible configuration items. Give it a look; it is fairly easy to figure out. EXAMPLES
ratmenu -label "Remotes xterm" acme "rsh acme xterm" herman "rsh herman 9term" & ratmenu -label 'X progs' ghostview ghostview xdvi xdvi xeyes xeyes xneko xneko & ratmenu -back ~/bin/mypreviousmenu "X Eyes" xeyes & SEE ALSO
ratpoison(1), ratpoisonrc(5), dialog(1) xrdb(1) Ratpoison Desktop Users Manual. AUTHORS
The initial idea for this program was by Arnold Robbins, after having worked with John Mackin's GWM Blit emulation. Matty Farrow wrote a version using libXg, from which some ideas were borrowed. This code was written by David Hogan and Arnold Robbins. Rich Salz motivated the -shell option. Jonathan Walther modified this code to play nicely with the ratpoison window manager by removing handling of mouse events and iconification. Zrajm C Akfohg made many improvements in his ratmen fork, including X resource handling, some of which were folded back in. Ratpoison Desktop For X Oct 10 2001 RATMENU(1)