Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding logging feature to ksh script? Post 302700463 by TAllison on Thursday 13th of September 2012 11:55:22 AM
Old 09-13-2012
When the script is executed, it does not log anything that goes on within the script. And no file is generated in the /tmp directory. So the logging function does not .... well log anything??

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding entry into crontab in ksh program

Hi falks, I have the following ksh function ,which adding entry to crontab during ksh program running: { print "Go\c" >/dev/null 2>&1 print '0 0 * * * su - ias -c "/home/orca/core-${SCHEMA_NAME}/CLI/cleanup_BRMS.ksh"\c' >/dev/null 2>&1 print "\033:wq!" >/dev/null 2>&1 } | \crontab -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding array element in KSH

All, I would like to add the first 10 elements of an array. Here is how I am doing it now (only included first few add ops): #!/usr/bin/ksh ###Grab the array values out of a file### TOTAL=`awk '/time/' /tmp/file.out | awk '{print $4}'` set -A times $TOTAL SUM=$((${times} + times... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - adding a dynamic value to the front of a line

Hi Forum, Im trying to write some code to read a file, take a certain dynamic value and write it back to the file at the front of every line. For example, file.txt is: SIMPLE=HELLO CONFIDENTIAL=false SENDER=false REQUIRED=true FEEDBACK=false UPDATE=false REQUIRED=false MAPPING=true... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with adding logging to a script

I'm pretty new to bash shell scripting and I was wondering how to add some logging to a script?:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kp400sf
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - find command with 2 actions attached and error logging

Hi there, I'm encountering problems on an AIX system when using following in my script. find . -name *.edi -type f -exec sh -c 'scp {} $user@$server:$path || exit 5; mv {} $sent || exit 7' \; the error i get is following find: 0652-018 An expression term lacks a required... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kerberos
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a ksh script for adding the space at the end of record in a flat file

Hi, I need a ksh script for the below requirement: i have a Delimited flat file with 200 records delimiter is '|~|' i need a script to insert space at the end if the record is ending with delimiter '|~|' if it didnt end with delimiter it should not append space. Example: ram|~|2|~| ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] adding email option to KSH

Hi, I wanted to add a email option to this script. and was wondering if anyone could help me out. #!/bin/ksh echo "Finding hdisk" <DIR>/find-disk i=1 b=0 p=0 while ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

ksh Logging

Hi, I want to run my script and want to ensure it captures all logging. For e.g I got this from another forum # Redirect the current stderr into stdout exec 2>&1 # Redirect the current stdout into the log file exec 1>timer_log.log The script will print stderr onto the putty terminal... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixkidbee
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

To send ID and Password for each command using expect feature in bash script

Dear Tech Guys, I am trying to send some commands on the local server and it always asks for user name and password after each command. To serve the purpose I am using expect function as follows: #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout 20 spawn "./data1.sh" expect "Please Enter UserName: "... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xtreme
6 Replies
DOVEADM-LOG(1)							      Dovecot							    DOVEADM-LOG(1)

NAME
doveadm-log - Locate, test or reopen Dovecot's log files SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] log errors doveadm [-Dv] log find [directory] doveadm [-Dv] log reopen doveadm [-Dv] log test DESCRIPTION
The doveadm log commands are used to locate and reopen the log files of dovecot(1). It's also possible to test the configured targets of the *log_path settings. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. COMMANDS
log errors doveadm log errors The log errors command is used to show the last - up to 1,000 - errors and warnings. If no output is generated, no errors have occurred since the last start. log find doveadm log find [directory] The log find command is used to show the location of the log files, to which dovecot(1) sends its log messages. If dovecot(1) logs its messages through syslogd(8) and doveadm(1) could not find any log files, you can specify the directory where your syslogd writes its log files. log reopen doveadm log reopen This command causes doveadm to reopen all log files, configured in the log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path settings. These settings are configured in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf. This is for example useful after manually rotating the log files. log test doveadm log test This command causes doveadm to write the message "This is Dovecot's priority log (timestamp)" to the configured log files. The used prior- ities are: debug, info, warning, error and fatal. EXAMPLE
This example shows how to locate the log files used by dovecot(1). doveadm log find Looking for log files from /var/log Debug: /var/log/dovecot.debug Info: /var/log/mail.log Warning: /var/log/mail.log Error: /var/log/mail.log Fatal: /var/log/mail.log REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.1 2012-02-22 DOVEADM-LOG(1)