Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Equalent of Linux "stat" in AIX Post 302700357 by expert on Thursday 13th of September 2012 09:57:43 AM
Old 09-13-2012
thanks for the information Bakunin ! !
since both file timing are going to be incorporate the above, i dont think this is going to be OK to use.

but my question is how we can do that in AIX.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to resolve error "INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2"

Hi All, I am getting an error message when I execute command “zlogin -C sunsrv4z5” on my root server. INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2 INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2 As per my analysis it seems that some files inside /etc folder are deleted. This server was... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: surbhit4u
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignoring mv commands "cannot stat" error ?

So, my third thread here ^^ and still asking questions. Thanks for you patience and help, I really appreciated it ;) I currently use a shell script to move folders of songs from one to another location on my harddrive. I use something like this: sudo mv /var/mobile/Media/"My Music"/"Vasco... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Intermittent "cp: cannot stat" error with nested loop

I have a bash script that has been running (on SUSE 9.3) dozens of times over the past couple of years without error. Recently it has been hitting intermittent “cp: cannot stat FILE: No such file or directory” errors. The script has nested loops that continuously process files in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcart
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX - io info get from "libperfstat" not match "iostat"

Hi, everyone. I need to write a program to get io info based on libperfstat. But the "write time" of a disk is just half of the value get from iostat. I'm confused and can't explain. Help please. How I calculate "write service time per sec": In iostat: write service... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackliang
0 Replies

5. AIX

How to enable "TCP MD5 Signatures" and "https" on AIX?

I have searched many times but nothing found. Somebody help please :(:(:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is "stat: illegal option -- -" an issue with hyphenated filename or flag problem?

Hi. I'm trying to install VMWare Workstation to run a virtual machine on my Mac OS, but running the bundle from bash(xterm) sh VMware-workstation-Full-11.0.0-2305329.x86_64.bundle (as suggested in install guide) comes up with error:stat: illegal option -- - usage: stat Digging... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: defeated
5 Replies
readahead(8)                                                  System Manager's Manual                                                 readahead(8)

NAME
readahead - file preloader for boot process optimization SYNOPSIS
readahead [options] <file-list> [another-file-list [...]] DESCRIPTION
readahead is a files preloader designed to optimize the disk I/O during the boot process. OPTIONS
-b, --build build optimised files list only, without sorting. -s, --sort build and sort list of files only (implies -b). -o, --output <file> write sorted list of files to file. -d, --dont-sort preload files described by an already sorted files list. -h, --help print the usage information. -v, --verbose enable the verbose mode. -t, --timing report time spent on each operation. -m, --maxsize <max size> maximum size in KiB a file can be in order to be preloaded, default is 10240. <file-list> [another-file-list [...]] One or more files containing the list of files to be preloaded or sorted. The files list can be generated by readahead-collector(8). FILES
/etc/default/readahead-fedora SEE ALSO
readahead-collector(8), readahead(2), AUTHORS
Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>, Ziga Mahkovec <ziga.mahkovec@klika.si>, Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>, This manual page was written by Raphael Geissert <geissert@debian.org> July 2011 readahead(8)