Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Query related to references in array in Perl Post 302700265 by balajesuri on Thursday 13th of September 2012 07:32:00 AM
Old 09-13-2012
You cannot do $rr++ in perl like the way you can in C.
Perl offers a different way of accessing the subsequent elements of an array through reference variables. If you didn't already know this, take a look at the sample below:

For e.g.,
Code:
#! /usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;

my @array = (10, 20);
my $rarray = \@array;
print "@{ $rarray }[0]\n";
print "@{ $rarray }[1]\n";

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query related to #!/bin/sh

hi All Why is #!/bin/sh being used in most of the ksh scripts......? I have seen this (#!/bin/sh) being used at the start of the script Regards Suresh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed related query

Hi I have a file which looks like this //string = "abcd"; //info //string = "*pqrs"; //add string = "#123"; //sub //string = "#1234567890" data = check(string) //string = "#1234567890" I want to modify this as string = "#987"; //mult data = check(string) How do i do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopsman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk related query

hi, I have to extract a column from a file and then updated that column..?? Now i can use wak for extracting it and then how to update it.. $ awk' {print $5}' input_file Can i use sed command here piping it to the output from the awk command.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisek.says
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

query related to if

wht does below statement mean? if wht does dis -d option do?? TIA. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - passing hash references to functions

hi there I have the following script in which i have created a PrintHash() function. I want to pass to this function the reference to a hash (in the final code i will be passing different hashes to this print function hence the need for a function). I am getting an error Type of arg 1 to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

datetimestamp related query!

Hi all, I have put a query in a thread but didn't get any reply. Hoping to get a reply here. I have a file in that one line resembles like below... Forwarded by Deepak on 11/15/2009 10:28 AM EST ofcourse AM can be PM also... so what i need is first i need to get only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smarty86
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl References/Dereferences

Can someone explain where can we actually used print $var->; or print $$var When does the -> becomes necessary and when its optional. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A query related to 'ls' command

I am executing the ls command to show the contents of a folder, it shows some number in front of word total as highlighted in blue color below quotes. Can anyone please share that what it is? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaib
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

query related to grep

Hi All, The result for 'grep "cert_codes" /develop/sales/appl.srce/*.4gl' command will be saved at aa.txt grep "cert_codes" /develop/sales/appl.srce/*.4gl >aa.txt But I am not sure, whether, all result stored in .txt file in case of multi-line result. Please revert back if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbankar
2 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Interfaces related query

I need to list the interfaces that uses FTP instead of SFTP on my applications that are on AIX servers. How do I get that list of IP addresses that connect to my applications via FTP? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies
RDF::Helper::RDFRedland::Query(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       RDF::Helper::RDFRedland::Query(3pm)

NAME
RDF::Helper::RDFReland::Query - Perlish convenience extension for RDF::Redland::Query SYNOPSIS
my $model = RDF::Redland::Model->new( RDF::Redland::Storage->new( %storage_options ) ); my $rdf = RDF::Helper->new( Namespaces => \%namespaces, BaseURI => 'http://domain/NS/2004/09/03-url#' ); my $q_obj = $rdf->new_query( $sparql_text, 'sparql' ); # arrays while ( my $row = $q_obj->selectrow_arrayref ) { # $row is an array reference. } # hashes while ( my $row = $q_obj->selectrow_hashref ) { # $row is a hash reference. } DESCRIPTION
RDF::Helper::RDFRedland::Query is the object retuned from RDF::Helper's new_query() method when using RDF::Redland as the base interface class. This object provides everything that an instance of RDF::Redland::Query offers, plus the convenience methods detailed below. METHODS
selectrow_arrayref Returns each row as a Perl array references. The order of the array's indices will correspond to the order of the variable bindings in the query. selectrow_hashref Returns each row as a Perl hash references. The keys in the hash will have the same names as the variable bindings in the query. AUTHOR
Kip Hampton, khampton@totalcinema.com COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 Kip Hampton. =head1 LICENSE This module is free sofrware; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
RDF::Helper RDF::Redland::Query. perl v5.14.2 2011-06-24 RDF::Helper::RDFRedland::Query(3pm)