Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: check 1 lvm for error
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers check 1 lvm for error Post 302700261 by prpkrk on Thursday 13th of September 2012 07:25:10 AM
Old 09-13-2012
check 1 lvm for error

i have several lv (data , data1 , data2) under same volume group,
i just want to test 1 lv for data errors is that possible?

this test all sdc disk , but i just want to test lv_data
smartctl -a /dev/sdc

because lv_data2 is corrupt , but i don't know if this lv uses sdc disk

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check sum error

I recently checked the output from one of my backup tapes # tar -tvf /dev/rmt0 tar: directory checksum error (6 != 24439) The files wont restore , what does this mean ? on aix. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error check

How would I go about an error check within a script. For example, if I have a script that I know might contain an error with a certain command, is there a way to give an alternate command if the first fails? The best way I can explain it, is from the Mac world, using Applescript. With AS, I can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheCrunge
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to check error

I have below script to check the word in the driectory /ora_tmp , there are many files in this directory , if the word "error" is exist in any file within 5 day , then send the mail to ora-usr@mydomain.com about which file have this word and the "error" statement , now , if I want 1. if there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Error On Script

If I have a script createdb.sh ... psql -U postgres -c "create database dbname" ... I want to write something like if IsErr(psql -U postgres -c "create database dbname") ehco "OK" else ehco "NOT OK" Thank for any reply first (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uativan
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to reduce LVM to create another LVM

Hi, I'm new to HP-UX. I have LVM on /var with 92Gig. I would like to reduce it to create another LVM for Oracle client with 800 meg or so. How to do it. I'm running 11.iv3 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error Check

Hi, I am wirting a script to check the informatica services are running. I am executing a CONFIG FILE before starting the check.. This config file will be having all the ENV Variables..that will be used in the script. I wanted to first check if the Config file has be executed. If its... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert non LVM root partition to LVM?

Hi Guys, I m using redhat 6, I have installed root partition as non-LVM . Is there any way i can convert it to LVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check error

I have a script is as below , if the output of the script is 0 , then echo abc . script1 if ]; then echo abc fi Can advise if I would like to change it , check the output , if the output only have the wold "0" , then echo abc , if the output have other word , then do nothing , can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

RedHat LVM Error

hello guys, I just had some issues with a script it is giving some errors or warning like LV name root what do i need to do to remove this directory from the existing logical volume Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DOkuwa
3 Replies
VGIMPORTCLONE(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  VGIMPORTCLONE(8)

NAME
vgimportclone - import and rename duplicated volume group (e.g. a hardware snapshot) SYNOPSIS
vgimportclone [-n|--basevgname VolumeGroupName] [-i|--import] PhysicalVolume [PhysicalVolume...] DESCRIPTION
vgimportclone is used to import a duplicated VG (e.g. hardware snapshot). Duplicate VG(s) and PV(s) are not able to be used until they are made to coexist with the origin VG(s) and PV(s). vgimportclone renames the VG associated with the specified PV(s) and changes the associ- ated VG and PV UUIDs. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. -n|--basevgname VolumeGroupName By default the snapshot VG will be renamed to the original name plus a numeric suffix to avoid duplicate naming (e.g. 'test_vg' would be renamed to 'test_vg1'). This option will override the base VG name that is used for all VG renames. If a VG already exists with the specified name a numeric suffix will be added (like the previous example) to make it unique. -i|--import Import exported Volume Groups. Otherwise VGs that have been exported will not be changed (nor will their associated PVs). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
LVM_BINARY The LVM2 binary to use. Defaults to "lvm". EXAMPLES
The origin VG vg00 has origin PVs /dev/sda and /dev/sdb and the respective snapshot PVs are /dev/sdc and /dev/sdd. To rename the VG asso- ciated with /dev/sdc and /dev/sdd from vg00 to vg00_snap (and to change associated VG and PV UUIDs) do: vgimportclone --basevgname vg00_snap /dev/sdc /dev/sdd SEE ALSO
lvm(8) Red Hat, Inc. LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) VGIMPORTCLONE(8)