Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unable to call a script from another script in cshell Post 302700187 by pamu on Thursday 13th of September 2012 05:35:35 AM
Old 09-13-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthangav
SmilieStill same issue. Smilieermission denied.

---------- Post updated at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:19 AM ----------

Below mentioned command only using to execute the script.
% . /tmp.csh
Don Cragun's solution should work for you..

tried this..

Code:
$ cat test.sh
echo "calling script"
./test2.sh

$ cat test2.sh
echo "it's Working"

$sh test.sh
calling script

test.sh: line 2: ./test2.sh: Permission denied

$ chmod +x test2.sh

$ sh test.sh
calling script
it's Working

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with cshell script to read 1 or more lex files

taskes one or more .l files and compiles them #!/usr/bin/csh #while loop to carry on asking user to enter the files while $number!=0 echo "enter file name" #check to see if file ends with .l #if file ends with .l compile lexx.yy.c file for each file this is how i think it needs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: homerj546
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make a cshell (csh) script interactive

Experts, I tried to make my cshell script interactive by asking the user for password and trying to read the input using the "read" command. I have been unsuccessful so far. Do you have any idea ? Thanks Jim (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmynath
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to call executable from script

Now I am using the HP-UX11.11 version. The scripts are runninh in KSH shell. While I wan to call one executable of any Pro*C file, I have got the following error, however the executable is running fine directly. testpri Started at 10.05.200923:40 /usr/lib/dld.sl: Bad magic number for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyankak
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script cShell - help!!

Hello everyone! i'm new in this forum and I'm here because I have a huge problem with a csh script. Here the problem: I have to write a script that check the system status, more precisely I have to check if there are processes with TIME > 3 hours and if such processes exists I must send a mail... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheBeefEater
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cshell script problem

Hi ,I have this simple code,why is not working thanks #!/bin/csh set res=find ./ -name "*.bash" | wc -l $res > result.txt (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: lio123
16 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

this cshell script does not work ??

Hi I am trying to put the following commands that i have to type manually at the cshell prompt into a cshell script startup.csh which is copied below echo $DISPLAY xhost + rsh ba08lo01 module load incisiv/102/10.20.035 setenv DISPLAY $DISPLAY When i run the script with source command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Unable to call a python script from bash

Hi, I am trying to run a python script embedded in bash script. But is throwing me an error. Please help. Script: #!/bin/bash nohup /usr/bin/python /opt/web/http.py & Error: /usr/bin/python: can't open file '/opt/web/http.py': No such file or directory Please help me on this. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddy26615
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to call a menu script and redirect each option to a text file

Hello, I want to design a script that will call an existing menu script and select options one by one and redirict the out put to a file. For example;- In the script MENU.sh there are 10 options i want to design a script MENU2.sh that will select option 2 3 4 6 7 10 and redirict the output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spradha
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a Perl script within a bash script and store the ouput in a .txt file

I'm attempting to write a bash script that will create a network between virtual machines. It accepts three arguments: an RSpec that describes the network topology, and two list of machines (servers and clients). I have a (working) Perl script that I want to call. This Perl script takes an RSpec... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecaka
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning any number to the variable in cshell script

Hello Guys, I would like to ask you for a favor. Could you please help me how can I assign any number as the parameter to a, from stdin (-c), in the following command line by using the 'switch' in a script? awk '$8>a {print "File name:" $5,$8}' I would also appreciate if you can share any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Padavan
1 Replies
LATD.CONF(5)							File Formats Manual						      LATD.CONF(5)

NAME
latd.conf - LAT configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/latd.conf DESCRIPTION
/etc/latd.conf is a shell script (run by /bin/sh) that is run when latd is started up using the latcp -s command. It contains commands used to customise lat for your site and usually consists of a list of latcp commands. latd.conf is run with a minimal PATH and a minimal environment. The variable $LATCP points to the latcp binary used to invoke the script. EXAMPLE # /etc/latd.conf # This is a sample configuration file for latd # it is run as s shell script from latcp -s with a minimal # environment and PATH. latcp should be invoked using the # environment variable $LATCP. # # You can fiddle with all the latd parameters you like in here, # the first service announcement will not be made until this # script completes. # # Set the multicast timeout to 30 seconds $LATCP -m 30 # Add another login service $LATCP -A -a ZAPHOD -r 100 # Add a queued reverse LAT service to a printer on a DECserver $LATCP -A -p /dev/lat/printer -Hdecserver -Vdecserver -Q # Only advertise our service in groups 1-10 and 200 $LATCP -G 1-10,200 exit SEE ALSO latcp(8), latd(8) LAT Server June 2 2000 LATD.CONF(5)