Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Equalent of Linux "stat" in AIX Post 302700175 by bakunin on Thursday 13th of September 2012 05:16:49 AM
Old 09-13-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by expert
i tried "istat" but its not giving the epoch time
"istat" is displaying the mtime, atime and ctime down to the seconds.

You can easily calculate the epoch time from a given date: POSIX.1 defines it as the seconds passed since Jan 1st, 1970, 0:00:00. The following additional rules apply:
  • leap seconds are not taken into account, each day is exactly 86400 seconds
  • leap years are: all years divisible by 4, save for the years divisible by 100 but not by 400
  • notice that non-synchronous NTP time is NOT POSIX-compatible

Many systems in fact are not POSIX-compatible in this regard, because they use Mills-algorithm-based NTP Stratum-2-servers.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to resolve error "INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2"

Hi All, I am getting an error message when I execute command “zlogin -C sunsrv4z5” on my root server. INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2 INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2 As per my analysis it seems that some files inside /etc folder are deleted. This server was... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: surbhit4u
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignoring mv commands "cannot stat" error ?

So, my third thread here ^^ and still asking questions. Thanks for you patience and help, I really appreciated it ;) I currently use a shell script to move folders of songs from one to another location on my harddrive. I use something like this: sudo mv /var/mobile/Media/"My Music"/"Vasco... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Intermittent "cp: cannot stat" error with nested loop

I have a bash script that has been running (on SUSE 9.3) dozens of times over the past couple of years without error. Recently it has been hitting intermittent “cp: cannot stat FILE: No such file or directory” errors. The script has nested loops that continuously process files in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcart
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX - io info get from "libperfstat" not match "iostat"

Hi, everyone. I need to write a program to get io info based on libperfstat. But the "write time" of a disk is just half of the value get from iostat. I'm confused and can't explain. Help please. How I calculate "write service time per sec": In iostat: write service... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackliang
0 Replies

5. AIX

How to enable "TCP MD5 Signatures" and "https" on AIX?

I have searched many times but nothing found. Somebody help please :(:(:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is "stat: illegal option -- -" an issue with hyphenated filename or flag problem?

Hi. I'm trying to install VMWare Workstation to run a virtual machine on my Mac OS, but running the bundle from bash(xterm) sh VMware-workstation-Full-11.0.0-2305329.x86_64.bundle (as suggested in install guide) comes up with error:stat: illegal option -- - usage: stat Digging... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: defeated
5 Replies
STAT(3F)																  STAT(3F)

NAME
stat, lstat, fstat - get file status SYNOPSIS
integer function stat (name, statb) character*(*) name integer statb(12) integer function lstat (name, statb) character*(*) name integer statb(12) integer function fstat (lunit, statb) integer statb(12) DESCRIPTION
These routines return detailed information about a file. Stat and lstat return information about file name; fstat returns information about the file associated with fortran logical unit lunit. The order and meaning of the information returned in array statb is as described for the structure stat under stat(2). The ``spare'' values are not included. The value of either function will be zero if successful; an error code otherwise. FILES
/usr/lib/libU77.a SEE ALSO
stat(2), access(3F), perror(3F), time(3F) BUGS
Pathnames can be no longer than MAXPATHLEN as defined in <sys/param.h>. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution May 15, 1985 STAT(3F)