Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Not able to execute an exe file from my location Post 302699949 by abhisheksunkari on Wednesday 12th of September 2012 04:13:39 PM
Old 09-12-2012
Hi Corona,
I think it was with respect to a system bit file. That is what my lead said. I escalated the issue and I was nt given the fix for that.
They just gave me a new exe, which works fine. Just wanted to figure it out why it dint work.

I just got an error saying - "No Such File or Directory" when I executed that exe.

But anyway, I thank you for your time on this.

Regards,
Abhishek S.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how To edit exe to insert a serial no wich can be usd by runing exe

At time of installation I have to open the resource. and i have to insert a string serial number in the exe. please provide me code to edit the exe (in solaris) to insert a serial number which can be used by exe at run time. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssahu
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I do a rexec to execute un C exe ?

Hello, I would like to do a rexec to execute a C exe (prog.e) : rexec -l user -p password host prog.e When I execute this command, I have this error : prog.e : can not find lib.o But, When I execute prog.e directly in the remote machine : well done ! No error output. Thks for your... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lika
4 Replies

3. Programming

c++ : Use of System() to execute .exe with parameters

Hello, I 've trie to execute a a program with parameters unsuccessfully and i take the above message : "The system cannot find the path specified." I used a variaton of the above command : system("\"C:\\xxx\\xxx\\xxx.exe -xxx -xxx xxx.xxx xxx.xxx xxx.xxx\""); Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eusta
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put one string from one location to another location in a file

Hi Everyone, I have 1.txt here a b c' funny"yes"; d e The finally output is: here a b c d e' funny"yes"; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] how Execute a Perl Script from any location on the machine

hi guys, i have a query, i wrote a perl script that will collect cpu statistics Scripts/myScripts/ cpu.pl i want to make this file so that i can run it from any location on any drive, without giving the path explicitly. like $/home/ravi/perl cpu.pl i tried this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File created in a different location instead of desired location on using crontab

Hi, I am logging to a linux server through a user "user1" in /home directory. There is a script in a directory in 'root' for which all permissions are available including the directory. This script when executed creates a file in the directory. When the script is added to crontab, on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: archana.n
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

execute script from any location.

Hello, Can someone tell me the method to execute the script from any location on linux server whereas It resides on a particular location e.g.: Suppose script resides at this location /efare1/dist/src monitor.sh But I want If user know the name of the script he should not remember... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy a file from one location to another location?

I have file file1.txt in location 'loc1'. Now i want a copy of this file in location 'loc2' with a new file called test.txt. Please help me how to do this in shell script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute an exe at startup using rc.local

I want to execute a qt exe program at startup. That is after automatic login instead of loading Desktop and seeing it, the program quickly pop up to the screen. For this, I think we should add the script to rcx.local rather than rc.local I guess though.. I tried adding a script to /etc/rc.local... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a existing file location and directory location in Solaris box?

Hi This is my third past and very impressed with previous post replies Hoping the same for below query How to find a existing file location and directory location in solaris box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buzzme
1 Replies
rpdump(1)						      General Commands Manual							 rpdump(1)

NAME
rpdump - alpine remote data utility SYNTAX
rpdump [ -f ] -l Local_file -r Remote_folder DESCRIPTION
Rpdump may be used to copy the actual data from remote Alpine configuration files or address books into a local file. It is intended to be used by system administrators. Regular users should normally use the facilities provided within Alpine. Local_file will normally be a local temporary file. Remote_folder is the IMAP folder being used as a remote Alpine configuration (with the help of Alpine's -P, -p, and -x commands or PINECONF, PINERC, and PINERCEX environment variables) or remote Alpine address book folder. A copy of the data from Remote_folder will be copied to Local_file. -f Force the dump even if the remote folder is in an unrecognized format. -l Local_file The file on this system that is to be copied to. -r Remote_folder A remote folder name to be copied from. See the Alpine documentation for the syntax of a remote folder name. One example is {my.imap.server}remote_pinerc. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is zero if all goes well, -1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
Rpload(1). Copyright 1989-2007 by the University of Washington. $Date: 2005/01/14 20:40:14 $ rpdump(1)