Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: date calc
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting date calc Post 302699835 by sam_bd on Wednesday 12th of September 2012 11:20:19 AM
Old 09-12-2012
date calc

Hi,
I need subtract two date values (which are in day of the year format) and the output would give the remaining days. using the command date +"%j" i would get today's 'day of the year' i.e.,
Code:
> date +"%j"

Next, i need to take input of a previous date in the format 09/05/2012 and then convert it to 'day of the year format'. Could anyone please help how i could do this?
Note: I'm using HP-UX

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calc number of days in a month

Looking for some help on capturing the number of days in a month to set as a loop counter. Any ideas, please let me know. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flounder
3 Replies

2. Programming

free disk space calc

I everybody!! How can i use statvfs() to calculate disk usage and free disk space?? Im using this code: /* Any file on the filesystem in question */ char *filename = "/home/nesto/test/test.cpp"; struct statvfs buf; if (!statvfs(filename, &buf)) { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ninjanesto
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calc max of a column

In C that was easy with a for and if. Iam trying to learn a litle more in bash. Example Ronaldo:5800 Figo:4000 Rafael:2321 Kaka:1230 I want the max of the $2 and the output will be: The max value is 5800 from Ronaldo. How can i do this in shell? Thanks for all, folks. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafazz
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Poker: calc profit in tournaments

Imagine that you play poker and the file 1.txt is your buy-in, and in 2.txt is your gains. I want to know the tournament that have more proffit and less proffit. 1.txt aa:1000 bb:2000 cc:3000 dd:4000 ee:5000 2.txt aa:0 bb:1000 cc:1500 dd:3000 ee:2000 Result: dd more profit; aa... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafazz
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calc Time Difference in Perl

Hello, I am having hard time calculating the time differnce in the below sequence. I tried nested for loops but I can't get to work. Algorithm: find time difference between the first AVAIL and the next event just before AVAIL. 0 05/17/2010 09:33 AVAIL <-- 1 1 05/17/2010 09:32 UM ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bataf
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Question for Perderabo on date calc

Hi, First of all, thanks for all the awesome suggestions on this forum. This helps all the UNIX enthusiast like me. Now, I had a similar requirement as mentioned in a very old post here: Question about Perderabo's "Days Elapsed Between Two Dates" But I am struggling what to change in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CleoBos
5 Replies
Prima::Calendar(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Prima::Calendar(3)

NAME
Prima::Calendar - standard calendar widget SYNOPSIS
use Prima::Calendar; my $cal = Prima::Calendar-> create( useLocale => 1, onChange => sub { print $_[0]-> date_as_string, " "; }, ); $cal-> date_from_time( localtime ); $cal-> month( 5); DESCRIPTION
Provides interactive selection of date between 1900 and 2099 years. The main property, date, is a three-integer array, day, month, and year, in the format of perl localtime ( see "localtime" in perlfunc ) - day can be in range from 1 to 31,month from 0 to 11, year from 0 to 199. API
Events Change Called when the date property is changed. Properties date DAY, MONTH, YEAR Accepts three integers in format of "localtime". DAY can be from 1 to 31, MONTH from 0 to 11, YEAR from 0 to 199. Default value: today's date. day INTEGER Selects the day in month. firstDayOfWeek INTEGER Selects the first day of week, an integer between 0 and 6, where 0 is Sunday is the first day, 1 is Monday etc. Default value: 0 month Selects the month. useLocale BOOLEAN If 1, the locale-specific names of months and days of week are used. These are read by calling "POSIX::strftime". If invocation of POSIX module fails, the property is automatically assigned to 0. If 0, the English names of months and days of week are used. Default value: 1 See also: date_as_string year Selects the year. Methods can_use_locale Returns boolean value, whether the locale information can be retrieved by calling "strftime". month2str MONTH Returns MONTH name according to useLocale value. make_months Returns array of 12 month names according to useLocale value. day_of_week DAY, MONTH, YEAR, [ USE_FIRST_DAY_OF_WEEK = 1 ] Returns integer value, from 0 to 6, of the day of week on DAY, MONTH, YEAR date. If boolean USE_FIRST_DAY_OF_WEEK is set, the value of "firstDayOfWeek" property is taken into the account, so 0 is a Sunday shifted forward by "firstDayOfWeek" days. The switch from Julian to Gregorian calendar is ignored. date_as_string [ DAY, MONTH, YEAR ] Returns string representation of date on DAY, MONTH, YEAR according to useLocale property value. date_from_time SEC, MIN, HOUR, M_DAY, MONTH, YEAR, ... Copies date from "localtime" or "gmtime" result. This helper method allows the following syntax: $calendar-> date_from_time( localtime( time)); AUTHOR
Dmitry Karasik, <dmitry@karasik.eu.org>. SEE ALSO
Prima, Prima::Widget, POSIX, "localtime" in perlfunc, "time" in perlfunc, examples/calendar.pl. perl v5.14.2 2009-02-24 Prima::Calendar(3)