Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Recover deleted files from linux server machine.. Post 302699773 by pamu on Wednesday 12th of September 2012 09:26:19 AM
Old 09-12-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbe
Are you sure they have been removed in the first place?
They could have been moved... or more vicious: renamed...
You should find something in the history files but that means looking at ( and have to be root...) all the users that connected since the last you knew the files present... (In older days I used to crash the system, use fsck, and reboot -n...)
Hi vbe,

Yes i am sure somebody from other team has deleted those files and folders.
I may have asked this question of the moving or renaming files but there are 4-5 main directory, lot of sub-directory and each having many files. and this happened second time in today itself. So i am sure about the files are not moved.
Yes. I don't have root access and the same others also don't have so there is very little chance that root user can delete this. That's why i checked only history for our common user.
But as per my knowledge there is high probability that they have deleted all the files from the winscp. So that's the problem.

thanks,
pamu

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recover deleted files

Is there a Unix tool, like in Novell, to recover accidentally deleted files? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuultak
2 Replies

2. AIX

recover deleted files

How to recover deleted files in AIX ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

3. Linux

recover deleted files from memory stick

I'm running Fedora Core4. I deleted images off of my Sony DSC-P73 digital camera's memory stick. I'm looking for a *nix tool to recover the photos from the memory stick. Does anyone know of such a tool? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to recover files deleted using rm command???

Hi All, I just mistakingly deleted some files using rm command.Is there a way to get it back?i work on Solaris 10 Thanks, Kumar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to recover deleted files in unix

Hi Experts, by mistake i deleted some files that are very important to the project. is there any way that i can recover those files,there is no backup for that but the details of the file we know. This will be a great help. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Recover Deleted Files

Hi, By mistake, executed the following command : rm -rf * and ALL files got deleted. But I need to get back these files as they are very very important. Please help me how to recover this file. Its Urgent for me please. Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx100
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to recover the deleted file in Linux?

hi, i deleted one file from linux please let me know, if we can recover it ? if yes, pls let me know the steps to do.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
3 Replies

8. Linux

Recover deleted files on Linux server

Hi Guys, Greetings!. I have executed the cronjob that runs the shell script which is in directory.When the cronjob was executed , I found that the directory where the script resides has got deleted. Note: The directory was deleted with other use not root user. The... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: reminisce
9 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 9.20120909 2012-05-19 DH_MOVEFILES(1)