Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris SPARC speed issue
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris SPARC speed issue Post 302699767 by achenle on Wednesday 12th of September 2012 09:17:10 AM
Old 09-12-2012
What compiler are you using? What are your compiler optimization options?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Issue with installing solaris 10 OS on sparc 5

Rebooting with command: boot cdrom -s Boot device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/cdrom@2,0:f File and args: -s Evaluating: boot cdrom -s Can't open boot device If any one knows please advise. I have changed the CDrom but it did not help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ark
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Solaris Sparc Apps on X86 Solaris

I know that Sun make s a version of Solaris for Sparc platforms and also an x86 (Intel/AMD) release of Solaris. Can an application that runs on Solaris/Sparc also run on a PC running the x86 release of Solaris? Would a different release be required or any re-compling of the application? jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stocksj
1 Replies

3. Solaris

CC 5.5 compiler flag to issue 64bit porting warnings on sparc-solaris

Hi, We are porting our application from 32bit to 64bit. We tried -xarch=v9, -xarc=v9a and -xport64=full options so that compiler to issue 64bit porting warnings. But we are not getting any porting warninings WE are using CC 5.5 compiler on sparc-solaris m/c. Please tell us some powerful... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shobhah
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Issue while installing: Solaris 10 SPARC Recommended Patch Cluster (2009.10.23)

Hello, As explained, I've encountered an issue while installing Solaris 10 SPARC Recommended Patch Cluster (2009.10.23). Actually, patch no 120011-14 stops with the following error: ERROR: attribute verification of </var/run/.patchSafeMode/root/usr/bin/passwd> failed file type <f>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a.mauger
6 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios on Solaris 10 Sparc issue

I've got it installed but when I logging to the interface to http://localhost/nagios I get the following: Forbidden You don't have permission to access /nagios/ on this server. Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) DAV/2 Server at localhost Port 80 im running Solaris Version: SunOS dotstoas442 5.10... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frenchykd
0 Replies

6. Solaris

hba speed Solaris 9

Hello, In Solaris 10 I can use fcinfo to find what speed the hba ports are running at, am I able to find this out using Solaris 9? I have tried a few variations on luxadm but cant find anything relevant. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Actuator
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

8. Solaris

How to read this Solaris version:-Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC?

Hi Guys, Could you please tell me how to read this Solaris version:- Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
3 Replies
uil(user cmd)															     uil(user cmd)

NAME
uil -- The user interface language compiler SYNOPSIS
uil [options ] [file] DESCRIPTION
The uil command invokes the UIL compiler. The User Interface Language (UIL) is a specification language for describing the initial state of a user interface for a Motif application. The specification describes the objects (menus, dialog boxes, labels, push buttons, and so on) used in the interface and specifies the routines to be called when the interface changes state as a result of user interaction. file Specifies the file to be compiled through the UIL compiler. options Specifies one or more of the following options: -Ipathname This option causes the compiler to look for include files in the directory specified if the include files have not been found in the paths that already were searched. Specify this option followed by a pathname, with no intervening spaces. -m Machine code is listed. This directs the compiler to place in the listing file a description of the records that it added to the User Interface Database (UID). This helps you isolate errors. The default is no machine code. -o file Directs the compiler to produce a UID. By default, UIL creates a UID with the name a.uid. The file specifies the filename for the UID. No UID is produced if the compiler issues any diagnostics categorized as error or severe. UIDs are portable only across same-size machine architectures. -s Directs the compiler to set the locale before compiling any files. The locale is set in an implementation-dependent manner. On ANSI C-based systems, the locale is usually set by calling setlocale(LC_ALL, ""). If this option is not specified, the compiler does not set the locale. -v file Directs the compiler to generate a listing. The file specifies the filename for the listing. If the -v option is not present, no listing is generated by the compiler. The default is no listing. -w Specifies that the compiler suppress all warning and informational messages. If this option is not present, all mes- sages are generated, regardless of the severity. -wmd file Specifies a binary widget meta-language description file to be used in place of the default WML description. RELATED INFORMATION
X(1) and Uil(3). uil(user cmd)