Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare two fields in text files? Post 302699765 by pulikoti on Wednesday 12th of September 2012 09:12:20 AM
Old 09-12-2012
Hi pamu Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Fields from two text files using key columns

Hi All, I have two files to compare. Each has 10 columns with first 4 columns being key index together. The rest of the columns have monetary values. Using Perl, I want to read one file into hash; check for the key value availability in file 2; then compare the values in the rest of 6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sangtha
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files based on values of fields.

Hi All, I have two files and data looks like this: File1 Contents #Field1,Field2 Dist_Center_file1.txt;21 Dist_Center_file3.txt;20 Dist_Center_file2.txt;20 File2 Contents (*** No Header ***) Dist_Center_file1.txt;23 Dist_Center_file2.txt;20 Dist_Center_file3.txt;20 I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare fields in 2 files using AWK

Hi unix gurus, I have a urgent requirement, I need to write a AWK script to compare each fields in 2 files using AWK. Basically my output should be like this. file1 row|num1|num2|num3 1|one|two|three 2|one|two|three file2 row|num1|num2|num3 1|one|two|three 2|one|two|four ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rashmisb
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Compare files, different fields, output

Hi All, Looking for a quick AWK script to output some differences between two files. FILE1 device1 1.1.1.1 PINGS device1 2.2.2.2 PINGS FILE2 2862 SITE1 device1-prod 1.1.1.1 icmp - 0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stacky69
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare fields in different files

HI I'm having some troubles to compare and permut diffrent fields indexed with another filed like the following example `: file1 1 1 2 2 3 3 file2 7 1 9 2 10 3 result------------------- (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yassinegoth
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare fields in files

Hi, I need the most efficient way of comparing the following and arriving at the result I have a file which has entries like, File1: 1|2|5|7|8|2|3|6|3|1 File2: 1|2|3|1|2|7|9|2 I need to compare the entries in these two file with those of a general file, 1|2|3|5|2|5|6|9|3|1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare three files based on two fields

Guys, I tried searching on the internet and I couldn't get the answer for this problem. I have 3 files. First 2 fields of all of them are of same type, say they come from various databases but first two fields in the 3 files means the same. I need to verify the entries that are not present... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare 2 fields in 2 files

I am trying to compare two files (separted by a pipe) using 2 fields (field 1,3 from fileA and 1,2 from fileB) if the two files match i want the whole record of fileA adding the extra fields left from fileB. 1. A.txt cat|floffy|12|anything|anythings cat|kitty|15|lala|lalala... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare fields in two files

Hi, I am trying to check two files based on certain string and field. cat f1 source=\GREP\" hi this \\ source=\SED\" skdmsmd dnksdns source=\PERL\" cat f2 source=\SED\" source=\GREP\" vlamskds amdksk m source=\AWK\" awk \here\" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Is there a UNIX command that can compare fields of files with differing number of fields?

Hi, Below are the sample files. x.txt is from an Excel file that is a list of users from Windows and y.txt is a list of database account. $ head -500 x.txt y.txt ==> x.txt <== TEST01 APP_USER_PROFILE USER03 APP_USER_PROFILE TEST02 APP_USER_EXP_PROFILE TEST04 APP_USER_PROFILE USER01 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
PR(1)							      General Commands Manual							     PR(1)

NAME
pr - print file SYNOPSIS
pr [ option ... ] [ file ... ] DESCRIPTION
Pr produces a printed listing of one or more files on its standard output. The output is separated into pages headed by a date, the name of the file or a specified header, and the page number. With no file arguments, pr prints its standard input. Options apply to all following files but may be reset between files: -n Produce n-column output. +n Begin printing with page n. -b Balance columns on last page, in case of multi-column output. -d Double space. -en Set the tab stops for input text every n spaces. -h Take the next argument as a page header (file by default). -in Replace sequences of blanks in the output by tabs, using tab stops set every n spaces. -f Use formfeeds to separate pages. -ln Take the length of the page to be n lines instead of the default 66. -m Print all files simultaneously, each in one column. -n Number the lines of each file. -on Offset the left margin n character positions. -sc Separate columns by the single character c instead of aligning them with white space. A missing c is taken to be a tab. -t Do not print the 5-line header or the 5-line trailer normally supplied for each page. -wn For multi-column output, take the width of the page to be n characters instead of the default 72. SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/pr.c SEE ALSO
cat(1), lp(1) PR(1)