Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting functions and variables in bash Post 302699497 by kristinu on Tuesday 11th of September 2012 08:43:12 PM
Old 09-11-2012
Even if the functions are declared before calling colors?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables and functions

I have a script that ultimately will FTP data to certain directories based on a character in the filename. I am creating a function within my script to handle the FTP call. Are the variables that are setup in the original script accessible to the function? If not, is there a way to allow them to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfb500
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - arithemetic functions with external variables

I'm trying to get awk to do arithmetic functions with external variables and I'm getting an error that I cannot figure out how to fix. Insight would be appreciated money=$1 rate1=$(awk -F"\t " '/'$converting'/{print $3}' convert.table) rate2=$(awk -F"\t"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DKNUCKLES
2 Replies

3. Programming

Trouble with Date Variables and Functions in PL/SQL

Hi, In the course of my script i have to compare SYSDATE with the 15th of the current month: if it is greater than i should set a variable date to 15th of the next month if less than i should set it to the 15th of the current month. In other words the question is how to set a date variable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fmina
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] reassigning referenced variables in functions

Hello all, Problem. ---------- I'm trying to reassign a referenced variable passed to a 'local' variable in a function but the local variable refuses to be assigned the content of the referenced variable. Any ideas would be appreciated. Objective. ----------- Eliminate all $VAR... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ASGR
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mathematical functions in bash shell

Hi, How can i do the mathematical calculations in bash shell? Are the mathematical functions available in bash shell? Ex: pow ceil floor sqrt (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash functions arguments

This script is called fuu; #!/bin/bash speak() { case $1 in 1)echo one ;; 2)echo two ;; 3)echo three ;; esac } speak exit 0 when i run fuu 2 i expect "two" like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tártaro
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

variables and functions

can somebody telll me what my values are not being displayed in the function func1() {oracle@im4s012nz1_DUMMY}$ cat x1.ksh #!/bin/ksh getpwd() ( set -x . /home/oracle/dba/bin/CyberArk/CyberArk_GetPass.ksh ORA_USER=$DB_UID ORA_PWD=$DB_PWD echo "Here I am 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Bash Functions in the BG

I'm trying to call some functions in the background so that I can multitask in this script. Not working so hot. The functions I call don't ever seem to get called. I'm doing it the exact same way in another script and it's working like a champ so I'm very confused. Here's a pretty simple repro: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonkers
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh While Loop - passing variables to functions

I'm reading a text file using a while loop but when I call a function from within this loop it exits that same iteration … even though there are many more lines in the file to be read. I thought it was something to do with the IFS setting but it appears that a function call (when run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user052009
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash functions sequence ?

OK, I know function has to be defined first - in sequence - before it can be used. So the script has to be build "bottoms -up style, if you pardon my expression. I am running into a problem reusing function and breaking the sequence. It would be nice to be able to see the function... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
10 Replies
CURSES_DEFAULT_COLORS(3)				   BSD Library Functions Manual 				  CURSES_DEFAULT_COLORS(3)

NAME
curses_default_colors, assume_default_colors, use_default_colors -- curses default colors setting routines LIBRARY
Curses Library (libcurses, -lcurses) SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int assume_default_colors(short fore, short back); int use_default_colors(); DESCRIPTION
These functions tell the curses library to set the default colors or to use the terminal's default colors instead of using the default colors for curses applications (which are white foreground on black background). The function assume_default_colors(fore, back) sets the default colors to foreground color fore and background color back. If a value of -1 is used for a color, then the terminal default color is used for that color. The function use_default_colors() sets both the foreground and background colors to the terminal default colors. This is equivalent to assume_default_colors(-1, -1). RETURN VALUES
These functions return OK on success and ERR on failure. SEE ALSO
curses_color(3) STANDARDS
These functions are based on ncurses extensions to the curses standards. HISTORY
These functions first appeared in NetBSD 2.0. BSD
October 13, 2002 BSD